Chapter 1: Morning

Starberry Wink

    *Claire*
I woke up and looked around then panicked. Where is my dolphin and starfish wall ornaments?!? Did the maids change my room overnight. Calm... Think... Right... I'm in the republic of South Korea, in a 3 bedroom suite. I slowly walked to bathroom and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and then brushed my hair. As I slowly walked to the kitchen I thought, what should we eat for breakfast today? I know that Nicky is going to sleep in till lunch, and Ela is probably just going to eat toast. I heard a door open, "Good morning El..." I started to say but it was Nicky, "Nicky..." I finished. "I want to eat pork filled meatbun for breakfast! Buy them from the stand down the street, buy at least 8 of them" said Nicky rubbing her eyes, after that she walked back to her room and closed the door. That's Nicky for you! (author's note: In Korea, and many Asian countries ajummas set up little stands and sell breakfast, and the meatbuns are usually small, usually the size of a toddler's hand)
    *Ela*
My eyes opened right after a door slam, was that Nicky sleep walking? Probably. I reached for the clock and saw that it was 8:21 am, I yawned and climbed out of bed. I slowly worked my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water and saw Claire, she was getting ready to go out, to buy breakfast I guess. I lifted my hand ready to wave goodbye. WAIT! Claire can't speak Korean! "Claire it's okay, I'll go buy breakfast," I yelled from the kitchen. She immediately took off her shoes and slipped in her slippers and came to the kitchen and told me, "Nicky wanted to eat pork filled meatbuns from that stands down the street, please buy 8 of them." Pork filled meatbuns huh... Those are good, okay. I bet they would have some soup and kimichi... Okay! I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair then washed my face. Walked to my room to change and got ready to leave. The sun was shinning a bit too brightly and it was really warm outside. I looked around and walked slowly to the stand. At the stand there was a woman in her 40s, I think, sitting there. "Ajumma please give me 8 pork filled meatbuns, a bowl of seaweed soup, and kimichi," I ordered from a small chalk board on the side of the stand. While waiting I looked around me and smiled. This is KOREA! This is where CLEER is returning from Thailand to! It's already May 14, and today is the day they will return! Today! I let out a tiny squeal of excitement, then felt a soft and warm thing touch my arm. Ah... So stupid, I took the meatbuns, soup, and kimichi, then walk away quickly. I could feel that the Ajumma was shaking her head and saying "youngsters these day... Tsk tsk tsk" ARG so embarrassing! I came back home and saw Claire sitting at the dinning table drinking tea. I gave Claire one of the meatbuns and ate my soup, the kimichi was good with the soup. After finishing eating it was already 10:12 am. I decided not to let the meatbuns cool and go wake Nicky up. I opened the door and yelled "WAKE UP!" Nicky sat up and said, "I Dunt want to be turned into a caramel covered donut!" and fell back onto her pillow and slept on. I went to her and shook her, she tucked all of her blanket around her forming a ball and mumbled, "5 more minutes..." Sometimes she reminds me of Hyun Jae, in that video he did the same exact thing. I kicked her and she sat up and yelled that she was awake and was going to put her clothes on. Finally! Took her long enough.
    *Nicky*
Puwa! The sun is too bright! I ran to the walk in closet and looked around... I hung up most of my clothes yesterday... Today I'm going to wear one of my wigs and and wear my cross T shirt and dark jeans then white converse high tops! I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then quickly rinse my face then... Brush my hair and make it so it fits into the little hair net, then put on my wig. "Claire! My meatbuns! My beautiful pork filled meat buns!!!" I yelled as I ran to the dinning room to eat my buns. There were only 7! "Noona! What happened?!? Why is there only 7!?!!?" Ela noona swallowed her tea and told me, "they ran out." how can this be?!? I ran to the fridge and took out an orange, then I.... Then I… and I… peeled off the skin and ate it. Ran back to the table and chomped the 7 buns down before a fly could even land on it. "Nicky slowdown nobody is going to steal those meatbuns from you," Ela said, as Claire nodded in the background. Evil! oT-To
After breakfast we went to a shopping center nearby, Ela was listening to music and I was pointing things out to Claire.