Chapter 14

Best Friends's Fantasy

The rest of Luhan's day was spent "explaining" to his friends why he fainted. Of course he did not want to reveal what happened between Sehun and himself. That would just create more problems in his opinion. He simply told his friends he was stressed over school and homesick. Of course, the only person he couldn't lie to was Kris.

"Explain." The blonde demanded as he entered the room, not once glancing at the older male. Luhan made a face before sighing.

"Sehun and I got into a fight." Luhan answered dejectedly. Kris raised a brow. "He confronted me about your plan. After that it just went downhill."

Kris was never one to comfort, but this was an exception. Awkwardly embracing the latter, Kris gave a few words of comfort. Seeing how umcomfortable and awkward his friend was, Luhan couldn't help but laugh before gently shoving him off the bed.

"Hey!" Kris jokingly shouted, laughing himself at the situation. Their moment was halted when they noticed Chanyeol entering the room. While Kris was oblivious, Luhan sensed jealousy from him.

"Chanyeol! I told you to wait for me!" Baekhyun shouted as he ran in. "Oh, hi guys."

The room remained in an awkward silence until Kris decided to excuse himself. He knew that if he and Luhan wanted to discuss more with their plan, it would have to be in his dorm room. Plus, he wasn't too fond of Chanyeol and Baekhyun seem to always be giving him death glares.

 

If there was anything that helped him keep his mind off of his love life, it would be dancing. And that was what Eunhyuk exactly did. It was a little over an hour since the dance club finished their practice, but he didn't care. He just needed some escapism from the outside world.

 Bwara Mr. Simple, Simple Keuttae-neun Keuttae-neun Keuttae-ro meotjyeo

'One, two, three, four' Eunhyuk mentally counted as he recalled each step.

Bwara Miss-seu Simple, Simple, Keuttae-neun Keuttae-ro yeppeo (SJ Call)

Eunhyuk grinned as he continued on. Soon enough he was just simply freestyling, pushing the original choreography away. Each of his moves were sharp and percise. And each of his moves expressed his feelings.

"Hyukjae?" A voice called as the person shut off the music. 

"D-Donghae" The blonde stuttered. His dinosaur friend grinned as he approached him.

"What are you still doing here? I thought practice ended over an hour ago." Donghae asked. Eunhyuk ignored the slight butterflies in his stomach.

"I just wanted to practice a bit more." Eunhyuk answered. 

"I see, my Hyukkie still likes to be more advanced I see." Donghae joked, not knowing the feelings he was making the latter have.

'My Hyukkie? Dammit Donghae!' Eunhyuk mentally cursed as he felt his cheeks heat up a bit. Clearing his throat, Eunhyuk playfully hit his friend. The two shared a small laugh before a comfortable silence enveloped them.

"So, what brings you here?" Eunhyuk asked, breaking the silence. Donghae decided to sit himself on the floor before answering. Eunhyuk followed.

"Just wanted to take a walk to keep my mind off things." Donghae softly answered. 

"About Minseok?" Eunhyuk hesitantly asked. The latter nodded, his expression turning grim.

"I think I'm going to break up with him." Eunhyuk felt his eyes bulge out slightly. Did he just hear him correctly? 

"W-Waeyo?" 

"Simple, I want to see him happy." Eunhyuk furrowed his brows.

"What about your happiness?" Eunhyuk asked. Donghae arched a brow before letting out a soft chuckle.

"I'll find my own happiness in time." Donghae muttered.

"Well, just know that I'm always here for you." Eunhyuk said softly.

"Thanks buddy, you're a great friend."

'Even after breaking up, I'm still seen as just a friend.' Eunhyuk bitterly thought.

 

"Poor Luhan-ssi." Kyungsoo muttered as they exited the hospital. Jongin nodded in agreement. The two walked in a comfortable silence towards the dormitory building. The two shared secret glances, their hearts beating wildly doing so. Just as they reached the building, Jongin found the courage to finally say something.

"Hyung, I was wondering if you'd like to go out and have some lunch this Friday." Jongin said as he stopped walking, grabbing ahold of the elder's wrist to stop him as well. Kyungsoo widen his already large eyes, a clear blush on his cheeks. Jongin grinned at the sight. The fact that he could cause the cooking prodigy to blush like that made him overjoyed. Sadly, Kyungsoo's answer turned that joy into sadness.

"Mianhaeyo Jongin, but I think it's best we simply remain friends." Kyungsoo muttered, avoiding eye contact. Jongin awkwardly cleared his throat, obviously upset and embarrassed. Swallowing all the feelings he had for the sake of his friend, Jongin gave a weak smile.

"N-No problem Kyungie-hyung! Sorry for making things awkward." Jongin said, his voice cracking at some point. Kyungsoo returned the awkward smile, feeling guilty inside. But then again, Kyungsoo did have his doubts.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Kyungsoo quickly said before practically running inside and to his room. Jongin stood outside, a frown plastered on his face. He was so positive that Kyungsoo might have felt something for him. Maybe his instincts were wrong.

'Right when I think I found the one, he doesn't feel the same way.' Jongin thought sadly before entering the building as well.

 

Joonmyun raised a brow as he saw his roommate barge, looking like he ran a marathon. He had left Yixing's dorm not too long ago. The teen had planned to redress himself and visit Luhan after hearing about the incident, but after seeing a teary-eyed Kyungsoo he was having second-thoughts.

'I'll just visit Luhan later.' Joonmyun thought as he approached the younger teen.

"D.O, what's wrong?" Jonnmyun asked. Kyungsoo sat himself on his bed, biting his lip. After sharing a room with him for a couple if months now, Joonmyun learned some of Kyungsoo's weird habits. And biting his lip meant he was deeplly troubled.

"J-Jongin, he asked me out." Kyungsoo said in a low tone. Joonmyun furrowed his brows. He knew of his other friend's reputation as a player, was he going to play Kyungsoo?

"And what did you say?" Joonmyun carefully asked, sitting next to him.

"I said no, but he looked a bit upset." Kyungsoo responded. 

"Do you, by any chance, like him?" Joonmyun asked, his motherly mode kicking in. Kyungsoo slowly nodded.

"I do, but I'm scared he's just going to use me." Kyungsoo asnwered, sadness evident in his voice. Joonmyun pulled the youngler in an embrace.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" Joonmyun asked. Kyungsoo pondered for a bit.

"Don't, I'm fine."


AN: Wow it's been a while. Sorry for the delay, school is a serial killer out to murder people. I'm currently in the midst of taking finals and after a week of only having a couple minutes to write a few sentences, I finally finished the chapter. Sorry it's short! What is that I'm also sick so taking my finals is the struggle. Today I'm taking my Algebra final exam, which by the way. I at terribly. Also, for those who don't know it, yesterday marked BFF's first year since publishing on AFF! #BFFYear1 ! Thanks to all our subcribers who have been with us since the beginning and to those who are now discovering our little story! We couldn't do it without you! Hopefully, after I finish the last of my finals tomorrow and finish school, I'll be able to update a little more frequently. Let's cross our fingers that work won't distract me too much! Have a great day! - Penguin