Morning Attack

STOLEN KISSES

it was nearly 7 a.m when she reached the apartement door.  She could hear her horrible alarm sound screamed through the closed-door. She had an urge to reach her bed for her body’s sake. She was completely exhausted, undergo three trepanation surgeries in one night really killed her sanity. All she needed at that time was hibernation.

She walked into her room soundlessly, afraid to wake her sister up from her deeply-lovely dream. But, with that stupid alarm sound, it was quite impossible not to wake her up. Fortunately, her sister still cuddled that brown-giant-bear doll.

She was almost drifted into dreamland when her phone rang again.  “Damn! Just gimme one hour! Just one hour!’, she cursed herself for not turning her phone off before going to bed. She knows it’s impossibe to have her phone off for a single day. She knows it was nothing to do with her miserable life, to be an intern doctor without being paid while she has to bear a lot of things like lack of sleep, receive a lot of pressure, drained energy, and lack of social interaction.

She barely opened her eyelid and cursed even more when she read the caller ID.

“Hey, sleepy head, open your door!”

“YA! HWANG CHANSUNG! What the hell are you doing?” she screamed still with her half-opened eyes.

“OPEN THE DOOR!” He knocked the door again.

“USE YOUR KEY!” she hang up the phone, but Chansung seemed eager to break the door.

“YA! Kim Eun Mi! Open the do.....” he hasn’t finished his words when the door opened.  Eun Sun opened the door while holding her Brown-Giant Bear with her messy hair.

“Eunsunie... good morning dear...” he kneeled down to meet her height.

He added, “I’m sorry to bother you. I forgot to bring my key,” he gently caressed her soft cheeks. Her skin is quite tanned now since she had a lot of blood transfussion. Her milky skin just turned to be darker aswell. Transfusion side effect.

 

Chansung POV

The metal door made a scratching sound as I pushed them. Stood to the side to let Eun Sun walked in, I scanned the house and scowled.

Where’s that woman?” Eunsun didn’t say anything but just pointed out to her sister room and pulled my big and fat palm to come inside. I just nodded and followed her. Even I already knew where the place she will pull me to, I just followed in silent agreement.

After lifted her up to one of the wooden chairs, I opened the carton bag I brought from grocery store while coming here. I pulled out banana flavored milk, pierced the head of the bottle gently, and passed one of them to her. We share the same taste; BANANA and MILK. They are the best breakfast for us.

I scanned the entire room, and realized nothing has changed since yesterday morning. She must be very lonely being here alone while her sister is in the hospital almost every time. To be honest, being in this place all the time is like an alterego for me. This apartment is very warm. Besides, Eunmi and Eunsun make ​​me feel like I have a reason to always be here.

It has been almost five years since they moved to this place. I remembered when Eunmi insisted not to stay here. But, she had no choice other than accepting my offer.

I walked toward the kitchen’s drawer, didn’t find anything I walked toward refrigerator and picked up some vegetables and eggs from it and then started to cook ommelete for breakfast today. Eunmi must be exhausted from Trepanation surgeries at her night shift yesterday. But, no matter what, she has to wake up before 9 a.m this morning because she had to send Eunsun to hospital for routine check up.

Actually, I wanted to help her to send Eunsun to pediatric outpatient clinic, but she insisted to send her own sister. Once she decides something, nothing can change that. So, finally I just replaced her in the Emergency Room today.

She has a bad sleeping habit since she started her practical training period almost two years ago . She can stay wide awake all night long at the hospital, but when she reaches her bed, even there is an earthquake or fires, she won’t wake up.

I tiptoed into her room and saw she was on the floor instead of sleeping on her bed. Of course she slept with the teddy bear. Strange similarity between Eunmi and Eunsun is both of them can’t sleep without their teddy bear.

Eunmi's room is quite neat, everything seemed tidied and no books scattered all over the desk. All is arranged neatly in the cupboard near the desk. There is only a photo of her with 2-year-old Eunsun.  Beside that, there is..my photo? Hah? Hahaha..I walked over to the cupboard and took a look closely to my photo. It was taken when we celebrated her 17th birthday. She was captured with cake cream smeared all over her face. I clearly remembered it was taken before the incident.

I walked over to Eunmi who was still sleeping. She was wearing the shirt she used before going to the hospital yesterday. She must be too tired and did not have time to change it with pajamas.

Her sleeping face was stunning. Her V-shaped jawline is perfectly matched with her milky skin, pointed nose, and thick eyebrows. She is almost perfect even with those dark circles around her almond-like rounded eyes. But, the most amazing thing in the world is her inviting lips.

I found myself staring and scanning her face. Enough with this thought! I had to wake her up. I walked toward the window which is close to the closet and revealed the curtain and of course  let the sun greeted her with its warm shine instantly. Hmm I think I have to do some extreme moves today. I chuckle with my own plan to wake her up.

 

Eun Mi POV

I winced at the sudden streak of light piercing through my eyes and felt two giant arms lifted me up bridal style in one go. He is always like that; carry me to the bed. Yeah, he’s a giant compare to me.

I was too sleepy to open my eyes and fight against him. So, I didn’t mind when i felt his arms hugging me tighter. I could smell his sweet yet musky scent that can make anyone in stupor state. It felt good. Really good and will always be good.

But something  went weird. He didn’t make a move and started to loosen up his grip.

"Wait, he doesn’t want to throw me, right? He must be kidding me!” I thought and forcely opened my eyes. All I could see was his devil smirks. No, I couldn’t let this happen!

“HWANG CHANSUNG! Don’t you dare throwing me!” I warned him with wide-opened eyes but he didn’t say anything and gave me a y smirk. In just a quick glimpse I could feel my body swang over and I instantly clinged my arms around his neck.

He took a step back and started to swing my body. I tightened my clench and, desperately, closed my eyes. Letting him to lift me up was really a GREAT MISTAKE because after this maybe i will have a reconstruction surgery for my spine. I thought he would just go on his way since I  practically didn’t have any energy left and I knew what he is capable of. But, unexpetedly, I landed on my bed smoothly.

He patted my shoulder and gave me a light peck on my cheek. My eyes were already wide opened and my body was stiffed.

"Did he just kiss my cheek?” I still couldn’t believe with everything that just happened.

“Your breakfast is already served. I need to go now. Don’t forget, Eunsun has routine check up today.” He left me with gazillion questions on my mind.

 

<3<3

 

i'm sorry if there are somany gramatical errors and typos. Thank you for all of you who kindly spare your time to read this chapter. keep comment!! it'll encorage me even more^^

*spesial thank to @petrichor__ for becoming my HUGE SAVIOR, thank you for your hard work.*