Prologue

The Bet

Warning: Chapter contains mild language and little violence.

words highlighted red are hyperlinked.


Prologue

Fists were flying everywhere; countless punching going back and forth. The battle between the two gangs was intense and seemed endless.

“Damn, where out numbered” said one of the gang members as he continued to dodge his two opponents punches.

“There’s like 15 of them!” another shouted.

It was two or three against one. That didn’t possibly stand a chance but they kept at it. They never lost a battle before and they certainly wasn’t planning on losing now either.

“! It’s him!”

Everyone turned their heads and noticed the motorcycle coming their way. It was no other than the notorious Yamada Ryosuke. He accelerated his speed as the opposing gang members try to make a run for it. He pulled out a wrench and locked his eyes on his target, the leader of the pack. In a blink of an eye, the wrench made contact with the leader’s leg at full speed and he instantly fell down. The rest of s fled.

“Y-Yamada Ryosuke…” the leader choked out his words as he tried to get up but Keito smacks him back down with his foot.

“You’re late as usual,” Yuto said. “While you were out fooling around we were getting our asses kicked!”

“Hey, I showed up didn’t I?” he protested.

“Barely…”

Ryosuke glared at Yuto, eventually shifting his gaze at the boy on the ground. “So your Tetsuo, the leader of The Espers, how cute.” Ryosuke snickered. “Looks like your crew abandoned you back there huh?”

“P-please…I’m..”

“SHUT UP!” Keito growled.

“Hey, Chinen Yuri. You’re new at this. Do you remember what we do to people who messes with us?” Ryosuke asked. Yuri smiled devilishly and nodded. Tesuo gulped in fear, having no idea what sinister plan they were thinking.

__________________________________________________________________________________

You looked down and grimaced at the sight; strands of hair that was once yours was now scattered everywhere on the floor. Your hair, your long lovely dark hair people have complimented you for has just been severed by a pair of scissors. Looking over to the mirror, you noticed that it was quite uneven and semi-spiky.

Can’t believe I just did that. Well there’s no turning back now…

Knock. Knock.

“Come in,” You said.

The doorway swung half way open, revealing no one other than your sister, Midori.

“Hey I’m just letting you know-- WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!” she screeched, putting her fists in the air in a fighting stance.

You gave her a puzzled look. “What are you talking about? It’s me, Kaori, your sister.”

Her eyes widened. “K-Kaori?” She glanced down and noticed your strands of hair lying on the ground. “You actually cut your hair?! BAKA! You could’ve just bought a wig, now your hair is all ruined.

“Of course I cut it off. You expect me to walk around all day with a wig at an all boy school?”

“And why not?! Just look at it, it’s uneven and messy! You look like a fool. If you’re going to do it, do it right at least…hand me those scissors.”

You handed her the scissors and aloud her to retouch your hair. After a few short minutes she was finally down. You looked at your reflection in the spotless mirror and was astonished.

Is that really me?

“We’ll baka, you don’t look half bad as a guy. You’re somewhat descent looking.”

You snickered at her comment and continued to stare at your reflection.

“You might just be able to pull this whole charade thing. I got you your new uniform by the way. School starts tomorrow morning.”

Tomorrow huh?

“I bought us some curry for tonight so let’s go eat.”

You nodded your head and followed her into the kitchen where you ate dinner.

You just couldn’t sleep that night. You couldn’t stop thinking about tomorrow. A school crowded with a bunch of male students. You shook your head, beginning to doubt yourself. What am I thinking? I’m insane if I think I can fool everyone in that school that I’m a boy.


A/N: First Chapter is up! So how was it? Good? Bad? Please comment below and let me know! :)