The bus

Dream Boy

It was late walking from my friends party which caused me to have to use late transportation and the last bus was about to depart soon, so I decided to take that. When it pulled up in front of me, I quickly bowed then regained my posture as the door opened. I walked up the three steps, carefully, since I was clumsy most of the time. Usually nobody was on this bus but me when I was on my way home late, but there sat an adorable boy. He looked like an absolute angel. His eyes were closed gently and his earbuds were pushed into his ears as his head lay next to the window. I sat in the seat across from him after I paid my toll for the bus. I examined him, I felt stalkerish but I have never seen somebody look so angelic and innocent. He looked uncomfortable, his head propped against the cold windows that I could see traces from the cold air against it. I felt a bit guilty for letting him sleep like that, so I swiftly moved my seat next to him to move his head into a more comfortable position without waking him up. Suddenly, the bus hit a tiny bump in the road, making his head slouch to the other side.

His head landed on my shoulders, I thought he would wake up but he didn't. I didn't want to move because I was worried that if I did, he would wake up. I looked outside of the window, looking at the many street lights we passed before the bus made its way towards my house. I smiled gently but that was interrupted when the busdrivers heavy 'Busan' way of talking startled me a little. "Wake him up, his stop is near yours so I'll drop you two off together." the man said before turning his attention strictly back to the road. I shook the boy a little, but he didn't budge. So I decided to shake him a bit harder until I saw his eyes flicker open slowly. His eyes saw right through me. His dark orbs turned their attention to me before he lifted his head off of my shoulder. "Ah, I'm sorry. I fell asleep on you?" he said, rubbing his eyes with his hands. His voice sounded so kind and gentle, I couldn't help but to dorkily smile at him. "Yeah, but it was mostly my fault. You looked uncomfortable while you fell asleep so I was going to prop your head up and we hit a bump so, your head fell onto my shoulders." I blurted out. 

I talked too much, but he didn't seem to mind. He gently smiled back at me before laughing awkwardly a litlte which caused me to laugh a bit myself. The bus came to a stop as I stood up, he repeated after me. I almost forgot that we were getting off at the same stop. I walked down the steps and faced the opposite direction as him, I started to walk away but then a hand touched my shoulders. I yelped in fear but I turned away to that angelic face. I put my palm to where my heart would be and told him how much he had scared me. He laughed a little and then apologized. "My name is Kevin. And yours is?" he said while putting on an adorable smile. "Na-Ri." I said while shyly smiling back at him. "Um," he started out awkwardly. "I live right around the corner, so, if you ever need anything, you can come and knock." he said. I nodded to him, lost of words while I turned around. "Ah, wait." he said again, I turned around. "It's really dark, I should walk you home. I knew I was forgetting something." he flashed a nervous smile to me. He probably thought he was bothering me, but he wasn't at all.

"Sure." I said as he jogged next to me and we began walking. "What do you like to do?" I decided to bring up a topic so it wouldn't be so distant between the two of us, afterall I should do something since he was making sure I was safe by walking me home. "I like to play the guitar." he said. "Ah, really? Then you should sing me a few songs." I said teasingly. "This is a master-slave relationship isn't it?" he said playfully, making a funny playful expression. I bursted out laughing and he did the same. When we arrived to my house, he was even considerate enough to walk me up to my doorstep. I smiled before thanking him, while he made his way back down he smiled and waved to me and I waved back. "Be careful on your way back please." I yelled at him while he was walking, I really didn't want anything to happen to him. "I will!" he shouted back to me as the echo of his foot steps became a distant sound to me. It was really a cold winter night, but for some reason he warmed it up. I live right around the corner, so, if you ever need anything, you can come and knock. I need a new friend, so don't expect to wait long for my knock, I thought to myself before heading to bed.