The Start Of It All

The Haunted Game

Everyone was speechless. Here they were, stuck in some kind of wacko world, with some crazy woman saying that they were trapped and there was no escape. The 10 friends had nothing to say to this crazy thing. Despite all it's possibilities of being a dream or nightmare, it was a fact. It was true although everything seemed so unreal.

But, none of them could say that it wasn't true because they were all together when they got teleported to a dark, eerie place.

How it all started? That's an easy question.

*****

Hyoyoung was running as fast as she could as the queenkas chased her. She felt so stupid that she even made that bet.

About two weeks ago, she had made a bet saying that she would pass the upcoming with flying colours after failing her exam badly during the mid-terms. But, she couldn't believe that she had scored very low marks, again. She had tried her best to study till late nights so that she could get high marks but ended up failing again. But, she made the bet out for a reason. Not only her was teased for getting the lowest marks in the school, but her friends to.

Seeing how her friends were treated made her feel really guilty. As a result, she stood up to the students in school during recess one day and announced the bet that she would be making.

Hyoyoung was running really fast as she ran away from the queenkas who were about to bring her to her down for losing the bet.

Despite being all y and annoying, the queenkas were known for being really good runners. But, of course, Hyewon being the fastest runner in school never loses to them.

Hyoyoung arrived at a deserted area in school.

 deserted_parking_garage_IMG_7375-712834.

Seeing that it was the best place to hide since it was dark, she ran behind a dustbin and hid there.

She was panting and perspiring but her fear of what the queenkas might do made her remain quiet.

She heard footsteps with echos of voices calling out her name. She gulped in fear. She was still panting and that was making quite some noise. She smacked her right hand on her lips to keep it shut so as to avoid the queenkas from seeing her. Fortunately, they left after seeing the they couldn't get Hyoyoung since the time shown that recess would be over in 5 minutes.

Upon realising that the queenkas were gone, she got out of her hiding place and started walking out of the scary place.

On her way out, she heard small voices. She gulped. *Who could that be? There's no one here...*

She slowly turned around. There was nothing. She sighed in relief. Just as she was about to take another step, the voice came back.

'Come back again...'

'Bring you friends...'

'Show them this place...'

The scary voices that sounded like a troll's said, causing echos to repeat their every sentence. Hyoyoung gulped and slowly turned around again. There was nothing. It was getting weird but she tried to push that thought aside.

She briskly walked out of the place before anything else could happen.

Eventhough she was scared, the thought of coming back and bringing her friends along played in her mind. She felt like she should do it although she was unsure why.

;;AFTER SCHOOL;;

The rest of the day turned out normal, except that the students kept booing at the group of 10 but none of them seemed to be bothered. The queenkas didn't bother Hyoyoung although they sent death glares saying that they were going to get Hyoyoung soon.

Hyoyoung and her friends were walking out of the school's building when Hyoyoung spoke.

"Umm... Guys..." Hyoyoung stopped at her paces and spun around, facing her friends.

They were curiously looking at her.

"Wanna go somewhere today...?" Hyoyoung asked with a hopeful expression.

"Sorry, can't. I have plans," Chanmi spoke first.

"Aww... Please? It'll only be for awhile..." Hyoyoung pouted.

Chanmi just sighed, knowing very well that she'll lost in the argument of going or not.

Noori slowly shook his head and chuckled, "Okay... Where are we going?"

"Umm... Just follow me, okay?" Hyoyoung said as she skipped down the same path she took to the deserted place.

Once they arrived, the girls and boys started to get the eerie feeling.

"Umm... Where is this...?" Taewoon asked, rubbing his forearm.

"It's a quiet place only I know," Hyoyoung confidently replied.

"I've never seen this place..." Noori said to himself as he looked around.

"I never knew the school even had this place," Kangho muttered to himself, also looking around.

The girls, except Hyoyoung, just stood together, not daring to move an inch.

"Come on, guys..." Hyoyoung smiled as she took Soomi's and Hyewon's wrist and walked around with them.

Just then, the scary voices started talking again.

'Ahh... I see you brought company...'

'Come here, sweeties...'

Then, there was a scary laughter.

In a blink of an eye, the whole group were in another dimension where everything was dark and scary.

*****

And that was how it all started...