BETRAYAL, A Sin By No Other Name

BETRAYAL, A Sin By No Other Name

The screeching sound of police sirens breaks through the erratic chatter of families rushing from their Christmas dinners to watch the EMS workers strapping the once happy girl they knew onto a stretcher. Her clouded brown eyes stare up at the dark sky. Lost to the abyss, floating away pain free. She tries to go home, her real home, but something pulls her back. It's calling her, he’s calling her.
"Joohyun! Seo Joohyun I'm sorry! Joohyun, forgive me! Please!?"
*That voice it's so familiar. Who!? Wait, Youngjae! Youngjae I'm here! Why are you sorry!? What did you do?*
In a flurry, her lost memories of that day rush back.
*I remember... but I don’t want to. Not anymore!*


FLASHBACK
"I can't believe you! Why did you do this!? I thought you loved me!"
"I do! Brian I really do!" she cries.
"You’re a liar! You ING !" he screams in reply.

END FLASHBACK


*Did I really do it? Am I such a horrible person? I loved him I love him. How could I cheat on him? Brian is my life, and I just threw him away! I'm horrible! I remember it though. Like it was yesterday.*


FLASHBACK
"Joohyun? Joohyun what’s wrong?"
"Huh? Oh, Yongguk. Did you say something?" she asks dazed.
"Yeah, what's wrong? You look sad." Yongguk says worriedly.
"Oh, um... Youngjae and I had another fight last night."
"Again? Why?"
"I don't even know. I'm so confused and I don’t know what to do!"
"Oh Joohyunnie, don’t cry!"
Sniffling Joohyun mumbles, “Sorry, I can’t help it."
"It’s okay. Aww, come here! Give me a hug."
"..Alright," she hesitantly laughs.
In a very innocent embrace, Jane looks up sadly and unsure of what to do. She sees a look in Michael’s eyes. A look she’s never seen from him before.
"Y-Yongguk?" she whispers.
Not answering her, Yongguk slowly lowers his head. Feeling his warm breath on her face, Joohyun’s vision becomes hazy. She raises her head; their lips meet in a soft kiss. Forgetting everything and everyone but each other, they get lost in the moment. Not ending just there, Janie makes the biggest mistake of her life.

END FLASHBACK


"Hurry! Hurry! Doctor she’s failing! Doctor!" a nurse yells out.
"Joohyun!?"
*That voice, Youngjae! I can hear you! Why can’t you hear me? I'm sorry! I and I know it! You don’t need to be forgiven, but I do! I don’t deserve or expect to though. I deserve to die!*


FLASHBACK
"You stupid . I was going to I was going to ask you to too marry me! !!!!"
Gasping, she asks, “O-on my parent’s anniversary?"
"Unfortunately. Stupid Christmas!"
"Youngjae... my love I'm sor-"
"Shut-up! I don’t want your ing apologies,” he interrupts.
"Youngj-"
"Shut-up! Nothing you say will ever make it better so just go away!"

END FLASHBACK


*I'm scared. What do I do? Where am I? How do I get out? Why am I here?*
FLASHBACK
In a confusion of tears and heart break, Janie downs a bottle of Vodka and a handful of unmarked white pills. Dizzy and queasy, Joohyun falls into a pit of darkness.
END FLASHBACK


*Youngjae I love you. Please, find it in your heart to forgive me.*
"Doctor, she's gone. Do we call it?" a nurse asks.
"What of the child?" another wonders.
"It's lost along with her."
"Well then, I guess there’s nothing more to do but call it. Seo Joohyun, time of death, 7:45 p.m. December 25, 2012."