OO1. His Eyes

Being In Love With Love

 

Chapter ONE { his eyes }

listen ; Shaking Heart [C-Clown]

 

Sehun looked around and played with the straw of his bubble tea. "Hey, Jongin," he said, turning to his friend. "How much longer do we have to wait until they get here?"

Jongin laughed and shrugged. "It's Lay. He's forgetful. Maybe he forgot to pick them up." He shoved Sehun's bubble tea at him. "Drink, and be patient."

Sehun was sitting in a bubble tea shop with a few of his friends--Jongin, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. Their friend Yixing--whom was given the nickname 'Lay' since the others had a hard time pronouncing his name--was going to introduce them to some friends that were Chinese, like him. They were waiting on a few other people too. Joonmyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, and Minseok.

"What's gotten you so down in the dumps?" Chanyeol asked with his usual goofy grin, pushing Sehun's shoulder playfully.

Sehun grinned, shaking his head. "Nothing, hyung. Just anxious to meet new friends!" He played the cute card, smiling his happy smile that he knew made the others pinch his cheeks and ruffle his hair. As he thought, Chanyeol chuckled and pinched his cheek affectionately before looking up. "Oh. Lay's here."

Sehun looked up at the same time as Jongin and Baekhyun, scanning the three boys Lay was with. Two of them were very tall. The tallest was kind of intimidating, with dark, thick eyebrows, and a stern mouth. The other tall one was dark and had a penetrating gaze. But he was also hugging the taller boy's arm, which took away any scary look about him.

But the last boy was who caught Sehun's eye. He had dark red hair, and big, doe eyes that looked around the room curiously. He had a small, cute nose, and small pink lips. To Sehun, he was...breath taking. Beautiful. Adorable. Sehun's face turned dark red, his heart pounding when those beautiful eyes fixed on him, his lips curling up into a heart-stopping smile.

His eyes. They reminded Sehun of a play he'd read once, last year in his Lit class. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind," he whispered. It was Shakespeare. A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Finally, Shakespeare made sense.

Lay sat at the booth, the other three sitting around him. Jongin gave Sehun a knowing look before smiling at the Chinese boys and moving to the other table so there would be room.

"This is Sehun, guys. Sehunnie," Lay called in his soft voice, smiling, his dimple showing. "This is Kris," he motioned to the scary-looking dark eyebrowed one. "This is Tao," that was the dark boy. "And this...is Luhan." And that was the angelic one.

Sehun was so fixated on casting shy glances at Luhan, that he didn't notice one of the other Chinese boys was staring at him. Tao was leaning against Kris, as was his habit since he relied so heavily on his best friend, but he was staring at Sehun. Tao bit his lower lip, dark eyes raking over Sehun.

Bored-looking eyes the color of chocolate that seemed to light up when they walked in the room. Or more accurately, when Luhan walked in. Tao saw the look in the younger's eyes when he caught sight of the cute elder. Tao continued down the straight nose, then the full lips, a thick tongue behind them that caused a slight lisp.

Tao, feeling confused but knowing his heart was pounding at the sight of the Korean boy, hugged Kris's arm for assurance. Sehun obviously was smitten with Luhan. Tao would be surprised if Sehun even thought twice about him.

"How long have you lived in Korea?" Sehun asked curiously. The question was directed at all of them, but it was obvious he only cared for Luhan's answer.

"Four years," Kris answered flatly. He was scary-looking, but Sehun quickly realized he was actually quite warm.

"A little over a year," Tao said with a slow nod.

"Seven years," came Luhan's reply. Sehun loved the sound of Luhan's voice. Deeper than he'd expected, and musical. He could imagine Luhan being a good singer, simply because of his beautiful voice.

Sehun nodded, listening as the boys talked, hanging on Luhan's every word, while Tao hung on Sehun's every word, even though they were all said to the oblivious Luhan.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

"They were all fun to be around," Kris said as he drove himself and Tao back to the apartment they shared, Lay and Luhan in Lay's car behind him. "Chanyeol and Baekhyun are pretty outgoing." Tao bit his lip and nodded, looking out the window.

Kris glanced at him, then grinned crookedly. "But Sehun's the one that caught your attention, right?"

Tao blinked. "I don't know what you're talking about, gege."

"You think he's cute, don't you?" Kris continued to tease with a smile.

"G-gege!" Tao nearly squeaked. "I don't know what you're talking about! I like girls, so why would I think he's cute?" he asked, though his red cheeks gave him away.

Kris sighed softly. "Tao, I know. You don't have to hide from me anymore. I know. You like guys. It's okay. I've been friends with you for years, so why would I stop because of something like this? You were born this way. I could tell you were gay from the moment I talked to you. And it's okay. Because I like you for you, not your ual orientation."

Tao felt his heart warm. This was the reason why he had the biggest crush on Kris for the longest time. He had the kindest, warmest heart Tao had ever seen. Tao had kind of gotten over Kris, though there was always going to be that part of him that fawned over Kris.

"D-doesn't matter if I like Sehun," Tao replied, tugging on one of his earrings. "He didn't even look at me. He was looking at Luhan."

"That Deer of the Dawn's clueless," Kris said, shaking his head. "Sehun seems the clingy type. When he starts clinging to Luhan, Luhan will think he's just being cute. He'll dote on him, and it won't be any good for Sehun. Tao, take Sehun away. We both know Luhan, even though he's pretty, is straight as a ruler."

"If he's happy liking Luhan, why would I do that?"

"Because, you idiot. He can't be with Luhan. Besides. You and Sehun would make a cuter couple, in my opinion. Like white and black. Sehun and Luhan look too much alike. White and white. Too much of a good thing." Kris nodded, tapping his fingertips on the steering wheel.

Tao puffed his cheeks out and stared out the window. What Kris said was right but...Tao wasn't sure. For now, he'd befriend Sehun, and maybe, hopefully, gain the ability to steal his heart away.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

author's note;

How did you guys like it~?
Poor Sehunnie, and poor Tao TnT
Comment/Subscribe

-FlyToLove