The Talk

Untangle You

The dinner turns out to be pretty loud and cheerful and funny and heartwarming in my house. Well, except for me. And Myungsoo.

I glanced up to Myungsoo, who were sitting right in front of me. Yeah, the soon-to-be my husband is Myungsoo. That Myungsoo. The black trunks guy. And now I just want to curse my Mom who made the seat arrangement. His hand stirred the jjigae lazly, showing no appetite at all. The other hand supported his chin, as his face staring at the bowl with blank expression.

I sighed. Heck, I was also against this marriage, but seeing my partner is him, I mentally slapped myself to feel I slight of happiness. You have to wake up Young-ah, There’s no way he’ll agree!

I sighed and sighed again. Both me and Myungsoo preoccupied with our own minds. Didn’t realize that all the laughters has been lessened. Now four pairs of eyes fixed on both of us.

“Ehem.” The well-known cough wake me up from the daydreaming. Dragged me back to the reality that I don’t want to face.

Now me and him look at the parents, who kept staring at us back and forth. The nervousness in me growing little by little, made me feel so tiny like a little mouse. How I wish I could runaway right now to EXO’s dorm.

“I think both of you should take a walk.” Myungsoo’s father said. There’s a slight of disagree in Myungsoo’s eyes but it vanished as fast as it came. He just nodded, knowing that that was a firm demand. He glanced at me, and signaling me to come with him. I didn’t reply and just slowly get up from the chair.

My feet awkwardly following him to the outside, focusing my eyes to the ground, but still maintaining to keep the pace with him. Unknowingly, we were already arrived at the small park not far from my house. There’s a four swings with different colours and two slides next to it. Not much.

He quietly sat at the middle swing with a little sigh. He loosen up his tie, while I’m still standing near him, with a fine distance. I once took a peek, and can’t deny that he’s truly handsome, even with a pissed face like that.

He realized that I’m still standing, then he patted the swing next to him, signaling me to sit. I slowly sat next to him, with teeth kept biting my lower lip, okay this is awkward.

“Okay so, you. Me. Married. Arggghhhhh!!!” He suddenly burst out and ruffling his hair in frustration. Wew, what he’s holding up since before finally came out. I just silent while playing with my fingers. He didn’t hear my reply so he turn and look at me.

“You know what? My parents already told me this marriage thing since I was kid, but I thought it was a joke, so I never took it seriously.” He suddenly vented.

“That was better. My parents told me just a minute before you came.” I replied. His eyes widened.

“I-Is that so? Sorry..” He muttered. I just chuckled, shrugging my shoulders.

“I already have a slight guess that you are ‘that’ Jo’s girl. Because my Mom always said only your family surname, Jo. And my suspicion grew bigger when I got a message from my dad that I would be visiting the Jo family right after the trip. You know, when I was talking to you at the café back then.” I heard his explaination and nodded once or twice.

“That’s why I kept searching you, to make sure. But you already left to your bus.” He shrugged.

*So my guess wasn’t wrong. He was searching for me, not Na-chan*  My inner said.

“My suspicion grew wildly when I saw you in the same plane, I wanted to talk to you, but Dae’s kept staring at me too, so I held back my intention. Sorry for the annoying stare before by the way, I can’t help it.” He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

“It’s okay.” I mumbled. Then suddenly, a weird silence came.

“Yah, Nayoung-ah, why are you so quite? C’mon, just because all of this weird marriage thing, doesn’t mean we can’t be friends, right?” He spoke as he nudged my waist.

*Friends? Yea right…..* I smiled and nodded, halfheartedly. His eyes turn out crecent moon while his smile blooming to me, just look like his father. A big warm palm patted my head warmly as he smiled. I instantly averted my gaze from his face, to reduce the sudden rush of butterfly in my stomach.

*Heart please don’t! don’t fall for him!* The little corner of my heart screamed, not wanting to give in to this weird feeling. A little blush crept to my face, but I got up in instant.

“S-so, what are we going to do now?” I asked as I walked back and forth aimlessy. Hiding my blushing face. I look at him for his answer, but he just shrugged, then started to move the swing back and forth slowly.

“I don’t know either. But both of my parents seems unfazed already. If they’re already decided something, it’s hard for me to change it. Especially my father.” I said again.

He suddenly stopped and looked at me. I gave him a confused face.

“Whoa, that’s the longest sentences you’ve ever said to me…” He suddenly blurted. I look down again in emarassement. My face heating up again. *STOP.BLUSHING.YOU.IDIOT.* Then shook my head and looked at him braverly, but regretting it because he’s still staring at me. He then coughed and averted his gaze, maybe felt embarrassed too saying that.

“We- should probably go back. It’s getting late.” He said as he got up from the swing. I caught his sleeve.

“Wait, what are we going to do?” I repeated my question.

“Well, I don’t know yet. But the point is, I won’t let this marriage happen. Heck, what’s our parents thinking, married at highschool. We’re still young for the god’s sake.” He sighed. Then headed to the house.

I frowned. Suddenly this unidentified feeling coming strike trough my heart. Hurt. *Why am I feeling this way?* I questioned myself. No, no, this is not happening. I’m not in love with him. No, never. This is just slight crush, yes, this is just a crush. I won’t let it grow. My heart growled. Well, at least, my mind won’t let it.

“Are you not coming?” His voice suddenly echoed in my ear, calling at me. I instantly woke up from my daze and look up, meeting Myungsoo’s waiting face.

“Coming!” I replied, approaching Myungsoo’s pace.  

========================================

Full of awkward moments here mehehe XP