Chapter 1~

Beat of my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNVQC7uTNW8

Park Sora ran towards class. She was late, like always. Her habit of waking up late would never be fixed.

Just as the gate of the school was closing, Sora made it through. The guard at the gate already knew Sora. Ever since the first day of school, which was 3 weeks ago, the guard had accustomed himself to seeing a running Sora .

"Thanks Lee!" Sora ran past the young guard, speeding to class.

"Sora, ppali!" Sora waved a thank you to the guard without looking back.

Just as Sora thought her day couldn't get any worse, an oncoming door flung open half way through the almost empty hallway which made her fall backwards. She stood up wobbling a little before her body adjusted and vision cleared. She hastily pushed the door closed and once again took off to class.

Just as the bell rang Sora opened the door to her classroom.

"PRESENT!!" Sora breathed heavily. She always managed to get to class just on time. How she did it was a mystery even to herself.

"I know" Sora's teacher replied giving her an annoyed look as she walked to her seat at the back of the class.

"You made it you retard!" Her bestfriend and bandmate Eun scolded Sora as she sat down.

"Don't worry, I won't miss practice if that's what's worrying you" Sora calmly leaned into her chair as class began.

 

 

 

“Ya! you!" A voice behind Sora and Eun was heard just as they were heading to lunch.

"Us?" Sora turned around to come face to face with an angry guy.

He stopped inches from being right infront of Sora.

"What?" Sora asked surprised and a little shocked.

"You almost killed me back then!" He crossed his arms as if expecting an explanation.

Sora looked at Eun who only shrugged, not knowing what was going on, and as lost as Sora.

The guy sighed angrily. "I'm the guy you hit with the door," he lifted his bangs from his forehead to make them see his swollen forehead.

"Wait," Sora remembered, "I closed a door this morning while trying to get to class on time." She turned to look at the now calm good looking guy standing infront of her.

"How did I hit you with the door?" Sora was confused once again, her nails scratching her palms.

Irritation once again grew inside the now impatient guy.

"I'll leave you here Sora. Same table as always. Good luck." She patted Sora's arm and she took off towards the cafeteria.

"When you closed it!" The irritated guy scolded Sora.

"Gosh, no reason to get angry." Sora just wanted to leave. "I'm sorry if I hit you." Sora continued walking towards her destination, leaving the male standing there.

 

 

 

"What did you say to him?" Eun asked Sora when she sat down in the table. The band of girls was now complete.

"I was sorry" Sora looked down. She felt bad for hitting the mysterious guy in the forehead but at the same time felt a little angry because the guy had just snapped at her out of nowhere without giving her a reason.

"What?! Our Sora did that?" Hana, a member of the band laughed sarcastically.

"Sora, you are too nice" Jae, also a member of the band, added while stuffing rice in . Jae had known Sora since elementary. Jae knew that Sora could forgive someone faster than you could count to three. Sora apologized for mistakes or offenses that other people put on her, even though it wasn't her fault.

"Yeah. But it was my fault for hitting him" Sora played with her chopsticks, tumbling them on her fingers

"You hit him?" Min Hee, the youngest member of the band asked, surprised at the leaders suppose deed.

"Accidentally," Sora grinned, "I was running and closed a door that out of nowhere flung open," she explained.

"And you were running?" Min Hee gave Sora a look to which Sora only nodded.

"Of course she was," Eun put in, pinching her kimchi.

"I'm not hungry. I'll be back," Sora left  her eating friends to enjoy their meal.

Sora walked back towards class. She always carried snacks in her backpack, another habit of hers, in case she wasn't up to eating.

She took a pack of her many flavored pocky and walked out of class.

 

 

 

"But sem!" A muffled voice was heard from a classroom as Sora walked by.

"No but's!" The angry teacher yelled at the student.

"I'm leaving!" Sora neared the classroom not expecting the door to open so suddenly sending her to the floor for the second time that day along with her pocky.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" The black haired male asked Sora as he helped her get up.

"It's okay" she tried to smile but her brain and mind kept swirling.

"Ya, hey!" Sora started falling towards the ground but not before the guy reacted by stretching out his arms to catch her.

"Sem! A girl just fainted!" The guy ran towards the infirmary carrying Sora in his arms.

Sora woke up with a headache. "You woke up," the guy Sora had bumped into earlier was sitting in a stool next to the bed she was lying on.

Sora lifted her upper body up and looked at the guy next to her bed side.

"What are you doing here?" Why hasn't he left?

"Well it was my fault you ended up here," the guy rubbed his neck.

"Oh my gosh! I need to go back to class!" Realization hit Sora hard. In a hurry she got up from the bed only to be blocked by the guy next to her.

"Yes?" Sora looked up at him wanting to know a reason why he was blocking her.

"School's almost out so the nurse told me to say here with you until the end of the day. By the way, she already left since she had to take care of an urgent matter," he explained sitting back down on the stool.

Sora sat back on the bed.

"I'm Barom by the way. Yu Barom, but I go by the nickname Rome because I'm in a band."

Sora took a moment to look at him carefully. He definitely was a good sight, not too bad for her rescuer. Coincidence she was in a band too.

"Nice to meet you Barom, I'm Park Sora."They both bowed towards each other.

"So your in a band?" Sora spoke.

"Yes. It's called Driven. I'm the leader and rapper of the group" he smiled at her genuinely.

"Oh" was all Sora replied before silence eloped them.

A vibration was heard in the middle of the quietness. It was Barom's phone. He took it out and replied to the apparent text message he had received.

"I hope you don't mind my friend coming," Sora shook her head, letting him know it was okay.

"He thinks I got into serious mess." Barom chuckled making Sora smile unknowingly.

"Ya hyung!" The door flung open, "I thought I'd-" Barom's friend's words cut off once he saw the person whom Barom was sitting calmly beside.

"You" Barom's friend glared at Sora. Barom tilted his head a little, confused at the situation infront of him.