Final

Love is in the air

Luhan walked down the streets of Myeongdong to reach his destination which was the park. He almost goes there everyday for one reason, and that reason is that he wanted to see this girl who gives out balloons to everybody in the park. This girl was named Song Miyoung, his seatmate in class. 

 

In class, he always steal glances at her while she scribbles things on her notebook. She would always draw balloons with little hearts around it. One day, he had to urge to follow her after school. He followed her until he reached the park. It was nearly sunset at the park as many children, couples, and families spent their day there. Suddenly, he heard laughter from a familiar voice along with squeal in delight. He turned to the source of the noise and there was his seatmate, Song Miyoung.

 

She was giving out balloons to children who surrounded her while she laughed. The way she laughed, the way her eyes sparkled and the way she soflty looks at the children made his heart beat faster. He knew what was happening to him. It was love...at first sight.

 

He decided to confess today which was Whtie Day. A day where boys give gifts to their beloved girlfriends or where boys confess to the ones they love. For the past days, he has been preparing a lot. Somehow, her drawings of balloons gave him an idea to confess.

 

So, here he was, standing in front of the park. In his hand was a dozen of balloons and there was this white balloon which had a ring tied to end of the balloon.  The others had words written on it like: You're beautiful, Be mine and I love you. As usual, there was Miyoung. She was giving out balloons to the couples around the park. He could her enthutiastic voice when gives out balloons.

 

" Here's a balloon for you! I hope you guys love and cherish each other forever! "

" May your love last long! "

" Have a romantic White Day! "

 

Many people stared at him as he silently walked towards behind Miyoung who was now giving balloons to children in front of her. The children's laughter died down a little as they looked behind her.

" Woah, so many pretty balloons! " One little girl pointed, jumping in excitement.

" Noona, look! " A boy with glasses said with a giggle.

 

" Wha- " She was cut off when she saw Luhan in front of her, his arms outstretched with the balloons while he smiled brightly at her. " Luhan-sshi? What are you doing? " She asked, confused on what's happening. They were gathering a lot of attention at the park.  Because of that, her ears turned red when she felt the stares on both of them.  

 

Miyoung looked back to balloons Luhan was holding. They were really colorful and she realized that they were words written on the balloons. She was suprised to see an " I love you " on one of the balloons. Was he confessing right now? To her?

 

Luhan bit his lip to prevent his chuckle when he saw her confused and surpised expression. " These words describe you. You're beautiful, nice and perfect. Some were words that i've always wanted to say to you. I love you, Song Miyoung. " He said as he knelt down in front her which made her step back a little.

 

Luhan let go of some of the balloons as it went up the air. Somehow, Miyoung felt like love was in the air. The only thing left now in Luhan's hand was a white balloon with a silver ring tied at it's string. Miyoung read the writing on the balloon and it made her heart flutter.

 

" Please be mine for i will love you forever and ever. "

 

Luhan closed his eyes as he waited for her answer. His hand were a bit trembling with nervousness. Will she reject him? That would be his worst nightmare ever. Suddenly, he felt a hand touched his and grabbed the balloon. He opened his eyes and looked up to see Miyoung holding the balloon in her left hand and the ring in her right hand.

 

" I would love to. " She softly said as she hugged him tightly. The crowd cheered at the romantic sight in front of them. Luhan was really suprised. He couldn't believe it. Miyoung was his and He was Miyoung's now.

 

Luhan hugged her back tightly and softly pulled away. He cupped her face and slowly leaned in that ther noses were touching. He took a breath in and whispered, " I love you. " And that's he locked his lips with her into a passionate kiss. Miyoung gladly responded back as they ignored the noise coming from the crowd that was watching them. The children made disgusted faces but in the end, they cheered as well.

 

Miyoung pulled away and let the white balloon float up into the air. All of the ballons were now floating in the air as a group. The wind blew them and there they soared through the sky. Luhan grabbed the ring from her hand and slowly lid in into her finger.  They locked gazes with each other, a smile appearing on both of their faces as they shared another kiss.

 

There was truly love in the air.