An Old Diary

Peter Pan

Yixing stood in front of you, a frown on his face. It was strange, not seeing him smiling and cheerful for once. But you knew he was stressed with the fact that they were debuting so soon. He was really happy to be with EXO, and he had learned Korean and could speak conversationally with the rest of them now. It was so heartwarming to see him happy. But right now, he was confused, and possibly a bit upset? Did he know?

"Why did you come here so early, (First Name)?.." he asked, his eyebrows moving with his face to show his confusion.

"I..." you lost your words. You put your hand on your messenger bag, and started unbuckling it. "I'm leaving to go to medical school in the USA tonight." You swallowed hard, refusing to look at his face. You reached into your bag when he stopped you.

"I thought we were going to talk about that and your plans... you made them... without me?" He sounded hurt by that and you cringed. You sighed.

"Yixing, we need to talk." Your heart was thudding in your ears. He just looked at you. "I'll never forget you, Yixing, but with you going on tour and debuting, and with me going to med school... I feel like this will be good for the both of us!" You started off strong, but he gave you a disappointed face.

"You feel it too, huh?"

You looked at him, confused. "What?"

"The awkwardness in our relationship. You can feel it too."

"Well Yixing... we were together for five years. We just... we don't have that kind of love anymore." You looked at him, trying to convey what you were feeling. You knew he wasn't in love with you anymore. You two were just kind of... together. You pulled some strands of hair from your face and tried to keep the wind from blowing any more. "Yixing... we had a... an innocent love. The kind of love that goes away. First love. Most times, they never last..."

He was silent, looking down, but he nodded. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I just... it's so strange, to think I'd be single again." He sat down on the porch steps, right next to where you were standing. You frowned, and turned around to sit next to him. You called his name and when he looked up, you smiled at him.

"Hey, it won't be all that bad. We can still keep in touch and stay friends! That's the good thing about first loves... we remain the same but without the title. We keep our 'relationship' of sorts. I'll always love you as a friend, Yixing. You know that."

He nodded. "I just ... wow. I was thinking about this a week ago but I wasn't sure if this is what you wanted..." He looked up at you. "I don't like seeing you unhappy." He smiled.

You smiled right back. "Hey, don't worry about me! I'm a big girl now. Besides, we both aren't in love with each other anymore. If one isn't in love with the other, it's not a relationship anymore. But this is good! We can be friends still! I trust you more than anyone in the whole world, Yixing."

He grinned. "You... really mean that?"

You nodded fervently. "Of course! I can't trust anybody but you." You stopped, looking at the road. "Are you sure you're okay with this? I feel kind of bad springing this upon you and all."

"No, I've been out of love with you for a while," he said, staring straight ahead. "I just... I'll always have a place in my heart for you."

"And I, you," you said, grinning. "That's how you know if it's a first love. There will always be some sort of feeling there, a fondness, if you will. We just... grew out of each other I suppose. But it's okay! I'll be really glad you keep you close. I was afraid you'd want nothing to do with me!"

"I could never!" He laughed. You stood up to leave.

"I should get going though. My flight arrives soon, and so does yours!"

"Yeah..." he said. "My parents are sad to see me go."

You smiled and pulled the book out of your bag. He looked at you questioningly.

"What is that?" he asked.

"For you! If there's ever a time you can't talk to me in person and you want to feel closer to me! Read this!" You put the book in his hand and put the key on top of it. "Don't lose that key. You'll need it to open that book!" You placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Be safe! I wish you a happy flight! And tell your friends I said hi!" You called, waving toward him. You walked away fast, having to pack for your flight still.

 

 

Your dad was nervous to let you go, but your mom was happy.

"My darling daughter is going back to my home state!" she sung, happy as could be. Your mother was a massage therapist with her own clinic. She had come to China to study abroad and learn about ancient Chinese herbs and acupuncture, while your father was an engineer, Chinese. Your parents got a lot of odd looks, being an couple, but you knew they were in love and nothing was going to stop them. 

You smiled back at them. "Mom, did you say you were going to come join me sometime soon?"

"Yes!" she said. "We'll go and visit your grandparents! Afterall, I'm sure they miss you!"

"I hope so!" you called. You were about to finish packing up your necessities for college when you saw one thing on your nightstand. A photo frame, with a picture of Yixing and you at a waterpark. You smiled at it, as your mom called your name urgently.

"Come on, we have to go now! Or we'll NEVER get there!"

"I'm coming!" you shouted, and packed the photo in your travel bag.

You walked toward the taxi, and took one good look at your house. See you soon, Yixing, China.

 

 

Yixing was waiting in line to board his flight. He glanced toward Tao and Luhan, who were waiting in line with him. Kris was flying in to Korea from Canada, so he was flying solo. But that was alright, Kris preferred it that way. Luhan walked up to Lay.

"Did you have a good few days with your family?" he smiled.

Yixing nodded. "Yeah... you could say that."

They were called to board their plane and he sat down next to Luhan. Tao was the seat in front of him. Yixing settled into his seat before pulling out his bag and looking for something to do. This was going to be a tedious flight, especially now that he was hopped up on caffiene. He remembered the key in his pocket and decided to look at the book. The flight attendants told them to put on their seatbelts as they were taking off soon, and just as Lay did so, he felt the plane moving.

He opened the book and put the key back in his pocket. He wondered what on earth you would hand him.

Dear Diary,

Yixing asked me to be his girlfriend today! So, I'm going to write down all my feelings and emotions about him as this relationship progresses. I've known him for a long time, and he's sososososo cute, that I couldn't resist buying a diary in his favorite color! I'll also keep track of the dates we have here. Maybe one day, when we get married, I'll give this to him as a gift. I feel like he's the one, which is strange of me to say, I know. But, maybe, just maybe, I'm not crazy for thinking that.

I absolutely love that dimple on his face. Is that weird?? I fell in love with him because of a dimple?? Haha!

Yixing put his hand over his heart. It was thudding out of control.

She gave me her diary?