Your Hand in Mine

My Landlady

~ My Gosh I've been away far too long! But now I'm back with this update. ^_^ I suggest that you read the previous chapters first before reading this one coz you have probably forgotten the flow of the story. :( Hope you still haven't though. I MISS YOU ALL! And I'm so thankful for the support this fic is getting. This is my first long ff so I wasn't really expecting anything. So thank you my dear subscribers and commenters, for urging me to write on. 

Just so you know, I'm a girl and I'm actually straight. So what the hell I really don't know why I love Kryber so much! keke. Enough with these blabbering and stuff, don't mind me I'm really just so hyper right now keke!

 

-----<3

 

 

“M-my... sister.”

 

“What?” Amber thought she heard it wrong. She was about to turn her head again towards the direction of the blonde-haired lady, only to be prevented when Krystal yelped as she tripped on the shoe that fell from her hands a few seconds ago, all because of her frantic attempt to dash towards her long-lost sister.

 

Krystal’s shriek caused almost everyone at near distance to turn their heads towards them, the blonde lady at the opposite shop included.

 

Amber has swift reflexes though, so she was able to catch the landlady with her toned arms before even a single hair of her body hit the floor. The onlookers were either cheering or giving the tomboy thumbs-ups due to her heroic stance, but a certain shopaholic blonde-haired woman reacted quite differently. She sprinted away from where she stood as fast as her legs could muster.

 

“Are you okay?” Amber asked, worry laced in her voice.

 

“Y-Yeah...” Krystal replied. Their faces were only a good inch close, and they were having a full-blown staring into each other’s orbs.

 

Amber quickly released the girl from her hold. She was feeling breathless all of a sudden, and her heart was like undergoing an attack with its rapid pacing.

 

The same goes for Krystal though. Her face turned lobster. She even forgot for a minute there why she had accidentally tripped in the first place.

 

When she finally got her brain in order, she immediately scanned the spot she’d last seen Jessica, only to be greeted with stinging emptiness and crushed hope.

 

-----<3

 

Krystal’s POV

 

 

“Princess, we need to head home now. I bet it’s already getting dark outside.” Amber said soothingly.

 

After noticing that my sister had vanished from my sight, I searched for her for hours around the building, with Amber also on the lookout beside me.

 

But who am I kidding, right? When someone intentionally avoids you, or purposefully runs away from you, it will be extremely difficult to find them again unless they decide to show up in front of you once and for all.

 

I heaved a sigh and sat on a nearby bench, with Amber also occupying the vacant spot next to me.

 

I feel numb already.

 

I want to cry but I just couldn’t. I don’t want to anymore.

 

My own sister is avoiding me. And I don’t even know the reason why. I just woke up one day, years ago, to find her gone. My parents went frantic the moment she left us. They did all they could to find her and bring her back. But it seems like she vanished into thin air.

 

Left no tracks. Left me alone. Left for good.

 

I felt Amber’s warm hands rubbing my back gently.

 

“It’s okay princess. She’ll come around.”

 

I faced her and flashed a tired smile. She had been really patient with me. I know her arms are already aching with the entire shopping load she’s carrying, but she never left my side while I was looking for my unnie.

 

I have known this girl who's comforting me now for only a week or so, and for all those days I did not even treat her really well, but somehow her gentleness at this moment has ward off the numb feeling I have inside.

 

“It’s been too long Amber. Why is she still running away? Doesn’t she care for me anymore?” I spoke in a hushed tone.

 

“Do you. Do you wanna talk about it? Why she left in the first place?” Amber asked tentatively while tucking some stray hair strands away from my face. Her simple graze along the side of my cheek feels so calming, and I found myself wanting to lean my head on her shoulder. I bit back the want, though.

 

“I can’t.” I replied apologetically.

 

She nodded her head in understanding. I saw a wave of disappointment flash for a second in her eyes. But she smiled at me afterwards.

 

“I understand, princess. I don’t have any right to ask. Who am I to you right?”

 

I heaved another sigh again before proceeding to lean my head on her shoulders. I felt her muscles tense so I lifted my head back up.

 

An awkward atmosphere seemed to envelop us right then, so I decided to drown it by talking to her.

 

“I can’t tell you about it because I myself don’t even know the reason why she left.”

 

“Oh.”

 

She then grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. I was taken aback with the sudden move but before she pulled her hand away, I held it more firmly with mine. I then leaned my head on her shoulder once more, and this time she didn't tense up at the action. I closed my eyes and felt at ease.

 

I’m just going with what I feel at the moment, and having her hand in mine felt so nice so even as we finally stood up from our seat, I ordered her to bring the shopping bags in her other hand and keep on holding mine with the other. 

 

She yielded of course. I’m the princess after all.

 

We are now walking towards the subway station and I still have my head leaned against her shoulder and my hand in hers. It is a slow and silent walk and I honestly didn’t want it to end, but I know my servant is worn out already.

 

I reached out for some of the bags she’s holding so I could help her carry the heavy load but she swatted my hand away.

 

“I’m your servant, aren’t I? I don’t mind carrying all of these for you princess.” She mumbled.

 

This stupid is a sweet-talker, really.

 

“But when we get home you can massage my arms and my back though. I won’t mind.” She grinned toothily.

 

“In your dreams dork!” I scoffed.

 

----

 

 

-Somewhere at a distance, a phone conversation between two ladies-

 

"Why didn't you tell me that she's at COEX Mall? We nearly bumped into each other! She might have even seen me! YOU'RE RUINING MY PLAN YOU BRAINLESS IDIOT!"

 

The girl on the other line cowered at the loud reprimanding and coughed nervously. It was her fault for forgetting to inform the other girl that her landlady is out with someone today. 

 

"I'm sorry baby please forgive me. I really forgot I'll just-"

 

"Oh shut up I'm so pissed off with you right now. Just make sure that she doesn't find out okay? I need to do this or else I won't ever forgive myself for everything I've done. So don't you dare ruin it all or I'll chop your head off!"

 

Sweat of dread trickled down from the forehead of the girl on the other line.

 

"Uh s-sure baby I'll---"

 

Then the line went dead.

 

The sweating girl fanned herself and scoffed at her girlfriend's dreadful temper.

 

'I'm so dead if her comeback doesn't go as she planned.' She shivered at the thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----<3

Another update coming in a few!