I waited for you... and I'm still waiting..

Old Shoes Washed Of Ashes

As bright as the sun and as dark as the moon, The Love they felt will never fade away.

Wufan had waited, and waited, and waited.
He smiled as he once again felt the warm touch of flames around his body.
He looked up and saw the beautiful, blazing eyes once again.

It had been so long...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dragon stay perched alone again, He watched over the small town below and let his wings shield the sun from the land.
Many died from the bitter cold, weather it be because the crops could not grow, or be it that disease took them while they slept.

The dragon did not care though, from birth he was told to protect the little town, keep any wrong doing out and keep the villagers safe from anything that could harm them.

This was good for the villagers but also came at a price. They never were attacked because the dragon protected them but would also kill those who tried to leave.

Kris liked it this way, he liked being alone with nothing to hurt the people. He liked how they worshiped him as a god but never could he imagine the hate they kept built inside their hearts, it was like the ice they saw every morning, and it could never melt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another day, another week, another year, Kris sat where he had all this time. He watched the women play with their kids, he watched the men travel down the mountains to hunt again. He watched them like he did everyday, every week, every year.

Only today, A new feeling called into his ear, He looked around and noticed that the sun was, moving? Kris's eyes never left the ball of flame noticed that it was not the sun, it was something much more beautiful.

The red feathers, long orange flames coming from the beast's mouth as it called out Kris's name.

"Dragon, Why do you stay here? The would wishes to see your beauty, and these people no longer want to live under your shadow, in fear." The Phoenix let his wings shines as bright as they could as his words gently waved into Kris's ears.

"Who are bird..? Where do you come from? and why have you come? To spread your venomous words?" Kris silently spoke back while not turning back to look back at the large bird that now flew behind the dragon's wings.

"I have come to speak yes, but not venom like you say. I have come to tell you to fly with me, away to a land of freedom. Just for today?" The phoenix perched itself next to kris, its eyes burning with passion and something else that Kris couldn't read.

The phoenix held out his arm, and smiled as wide as he could before noticing the dragon's hesitance. "Do not fear my touch, I won't burn you, much."

Kris gave the large bird a face that made him laugh. "What are you doing? are you really that cold hearted that you won't even come from your brooding?" The phoenix flew back and chuckled to himself.

"Chanyeol, tha'ts what my friends call me. Now c'mon dragon, let's fly free."
and as the phoenix's voice boomed, shaking the tiny town, he pulled Kris up from the perch he had know for many many years.

Kris's wings flapped slowly at first, not being used to moving since he had blocked the sun for such a long time, unlike Chanyeol's that moved like liquid gold with every movement. Kris hadn't felt such warmth, neither have the people in the town.

All cheered and celebrated and it made Kris scowl, but it was quickly erased when Chanyeol's beautiful feathers brushed past the dragon's eyes. He didn't know how but Chanyeol was different, and he wanted to grow to like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyday, Every week and Up to the year, Chanyeol would come at dawn and enchant Kris with his warm feathers and even warmer heart and laughter. They would fly about, Laughing and seeing the world. Every trip was as amazing as the last. But each was puzzling because Chanyeol would give Kris a flower or strange gem as the parted ways, always saying that they meant something special.

Carnation paired with a pearl, Crown Imperial with gold, A red Camellia and a ruby, Gardenia and a diamond. Each were beautiful but Kris didn't know why Chanyeol was giving him these gifts... Did he need to return the favor? Yes.

On the first day of winter Kris waited for Chanyeol's warmth to touch his back in false surprise he did everyday, But it didn't come to him. He opened his wings once again, thinking for some odd reason Chanyeol couldn't see him.

He stayed this way until that night when he lifted himself from the perch and flew around in the phoenix's nest to discover ashes, so many ashes. but deep in the pile there was twisted gem and a single dying Yellow rose.

The twisted gems were quartz and ordinary stone, He knew that his love was gone, his friend, his everything. He clutched the rose and the stone in his had as he curled into himself shed tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Everyday, every week, and another year...

Wufan had waited, and waited, and waited.
He smiled as he once again felt the warm touch of flames around his body.
He looked up and saw the beautiful, blazing eyes once again.

Sadly Wufan's body was frozen, stone, to Chanyeol's warm touch. Chanyeol's smile slowly faded to one of sympathy, and apology. The Villagers had attacked the dragon on his high perch, and he let them do as they wanted. They longer wanted the extreme colds that dragon's wings caused, so they took him down.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you like I did..." Chanyeol carefully lifted wufan's cold body, the body may have died but his spirit longed to see his love once again, even if it would've taken many more years, he would've waited.

Chanyeol continued to carry Wufan, they arrived at a forest clearing where a deep river was and was home to the Guardian Joonmyun. He looked at Chanyeol and then the body of Wufan.

"Only the lifeless may pass on... Phoenix, you know you will never be welcome here..." Joonmyun slowly spoke and bowed his head. "Just like I may never be able to pass into these waters.."

"I Know... I just... Came to tell this one goodbye." Chanyeol's low voice was barely audible as he walked over and set Wufan's body into Joonmyun's hands. Joonmyun nodded his head and pulled back the his sleeves as he took in a deep breath.

He set Wufan's body into the water and pushed to let the dragon's body set sail to the next world.

"I waited for for you Chanyeol.. I'm so happy that I can see you one more time.." Wufan's voice echoed through the trees. Chanyeol smiled as he raised he hand and felt the wind swirl through his fingers, feeling Wufan's finally words slip away just like the wind.

"so am I... I love you Wufan..."

Silence was all that Chanyeol and Joonmyun heard as Wufan's body was out of sight on the river.

"It gets harder and harder every time.. and nothing in this world will make this easier.. Even if You hide it all behind that smile.. your only lying to yourself.. and others that care about you..." Joonmyun's words hit Chayneol right in the chest the older started to raise his voice in the world he said every time a spirit was set a drift

 

"At Last Your Journey Is Over, Your Healing Can Begin.
There is No More Pain And Sorrow.
No More Guilt and No More Sin.
May The Sky Not Cry,
Nor Shall The Earth Weep,
Because at Least Your Soul
and Your Spirit Rest In Peace."


Burning tears fell down Chanyeol's cheeks as he listened to the old guardians words.


Now Its my turn to wait for you, Wufan...

 

 

 

 


I Hope you enjoy this story, tell e what you think. The poem is personal to me so tell me what you think of that too?! ^^