He Really Doesn't Care... About Her

Honestly I Just Don't Care

“Luhan, you look so unhappy. What’s wrong?” Sehun asked, concernedly towards his best friend, Lu Han. Usually Luhan was happy and smiling, but today he was depressed and not talking much at all.

            “I’m just thinking about Daiyu again. She fought with me again last night,” Luhan said, silently. Him and his girlfriend, Daiyu, didn’t have a very strong relationship. They fought on a regular basis, and it was always her that started the fights. She would yell at him about everything.

            “That’s like the fifth fight this week, I think you should just end it. You’re obviously not happy, and there are probably other people out there that would be happy to have you,” Sehun said, trying not to blush. He didn’t want to make it too obvious that he had feelings for Luhan.

            “Honestly, I just don’t care anymore, Sehun. She’s making me miserable. You’re probably right, I should end it while I can. Before we go on tour and I’m faced with her nagging at me about always being away.” Luhan realized what he was saying wasn’t very nice, but he could take it anymore. This girl was dragging him down from his cloud, and he needed to focus on more important things. Like the way his heart fluttered when Sehun touched him.

            “That’s the way!” Sehun smiled, making Luhan’s heart skip a beat as he gave him a small side hug. “You can come stay with me any time you want, I’ll always be here for you.”

            “Thank you so much. I’ll be back soon,” Luhan said, leaving his milk tea on the table as he charged out the café. This needed to be done as soon as possible. He didn’t love Daiyu anymore. He's not even sure if he even loved her in the beginning.

            After about five minutes of walking, he to his street and saw piles of clothes in the distance. Piles of his clothes. He started walking even faster, and once he approached his house, he stopped breathing. His car was keyed all the way around and each of his tires had a hole in them, as air slowly escaped. He knew he should’ve drove to meet Sehun.

            He frantically picked up his clothes off the ground and ran up to the doorway to put them inside before anyone saw. He twisted the handle and found that the door was locked. He put the clothes down beside him and dug in the mailbox for the spare key. Instead of a key, he found a note.

            Luhan,

            I am so done with you. I can’t believe you would fight with me over nothing and then leave in the morning without a word. You ran away from your problems like always. How about you call your boyfriend to tell him you’ve just been dumped?

            I hope to never see you again,

            Daiyu

            Instead of feeling heartbroken and wanting to cry and wallow in self-pity, a huge smile appeared on his face as he ripped up the note and threw the pieces all across the lawn. She was finally gone, and he didn’t even have to break up with her!

            He took his phone out of his pocket and dialled his best friend. Oh Sehun.

            “Hello? Luhan? Is everything ok?” Sehun asked, sounding worried.

            “Of course! Hey, will you come pick me up? I’m kind of stuck on my front lawn with a pile of my clothes and nowhere to go,” Luhan asked, the smile never leaving his face.

            “Yeah, I’ll be there in two minutes. But Luhan, why do you sound so happy?” Sehun asked as the sound of his car started sounded on the other line.

            “She broke up with me before I had to break up with her!” He cheered.

            “Oh... ok. Um, I’ll be there soon. Bye,” Sehun said, hanging up before the conversation got any weirder. How could Luhan sound so happy about being dumped and locked out of his house? Sehun would never understand the way his best friend’s brain worked.

            A few minutes later, Sehun’s Audi pulled into Luhan’s driveway, and he looked at Luhan with sympathetic eyes as he saw him waiting patiently while sitting on a pile of clothes.

            “Sehun! Hi!” Luhan cheered, springing off the clothes and running into his friends arms. Both of them had mutual feelings for each other, and this hug felt like something they both needed and craved for.

            “What are you going to do about your car?” Sehun asked, looking at Luhan’s beat up BMW. It was such a nice car, gone to waste.

            Luhan examined it a bit more, finally noticing some broken windows and a black marker that said ‘GAY’ all over the other windows. “I think we’ll have a fun time watching people crush that thing. Just imagine, it can be our first date!” The words just sprung out of Luhan’s mouth, and instead of acknowledging that he just said he wanted to go on a date with Sehun, he grabbed his pile of clothes and asked if he could put them in the trunk.

            “Oh um... yeah,” Sehun said, shaking off the words he thought he just heard Luhan say. It couldn’t be anything more than a joke, right?

            After putting all of Luhan’s things into the trunk and starting the drive to Sehun’s house, Sehun cleared his throat. “So, um... did I hear the word date somewhere back there?” He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

            “Why? Do you want to?” Luhan asked, picking at his cuticles.

            “Do I want to what?”

           “Go on a date... with me.” Luhan didn’t understand why he sounded so nervous. It was just Sehun. But Sehun was Sehun and Sehun was his best friend and even though he thought of Sehun four times in one sentence, doesn’t mean Sehun felt the same.

            “Well, I do like the thought of watching people crush your car,” Sehun said with a wide smile, turning to Luhan for one second to see Luhan smile as well.

 

“Wow, I didn’t expect me to enjoy this so much,” Sehun said with a laugh as they watched the car crash into the ground behind the glass.

            Luhan laughed. “Yeah, there were a lot of horrible memories in that car. I’m glad we found a fun way to dispose of it.” He smiled at Sehun and he nervously smiled back. Soon enough Luhan inched his hand closer to Sehun’s, and their fingers became interlocked.

            “We should do this more often,” Sehun whispered.

            “I agree.”      



Omo, the HunHan moments are getting to me ;u;

Hopefully you liked the one-shot, leave any feedback you want~

oh, and another fact about the title is that since gay marriage isn't legal in Korea YET, this is kind of showing that neither Luhan or Sehun care at all. This is the part where you go "OOHHHHH." or "Yeah, I already got that." xD Ok. Bye~~