Final

The Beauty "N" The Beast

 

final chapter;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   ¿Que es la vida? Un frenesí. ¿Que es la vida? Una ilusión, una sombra, una ficción. Y el mayor bien es pequeño; que toda la vida es sueño y los sueños, sueños son.

Winter.

The small snowflakes were falling from the whitish sky landing in his window and forming in the process a kind of snowballs over the creaking wooden frame. He opened the support of the window as he move his frail hand into the unknown, he smiled like a small child as he saw the flakes piled in his hand in a playfully way. After spending time with his hand outside he decided it was time to leave.

The ungrateful of his father had given him the task of bringing more wood from the forest hills, the supply of the wood for their heater had run up to the non-existent, as always Baekhyun had to face the snowstorm that had fallen into the little town where he lives to stop to freezing over in his small house.

He grabbed his beanie knit, a gift from his mother before she had died, he placed the beanie in his little head feeling the warm taking himself, the memories began to sail in him as infraganti, his mother had always been the most beautiful woman –inside and outside- that he had known in the village, she was a young woman not more than 40 years old, her skin was white and appeared to be made of silk, her eyes were black and always showed nothing more than a celestial brightness between those beautiful orbs. His mother was a those women who loved knitting no matter the occasion, even after the school Baekhyun always find his mother knitting in her nightstand. But these memories were cruel, even to the point that they haunted him in his dreams every night.

His mother had died; there was nothing he could do.

It was strange that one day they found the fragile doll body of his mother lying lifeless with no pulse in the forest with all the body parts chewed. According to the report, the poor woman was attacked by a herd of wolves, and as of bad luck his older brother, Suho, had disappeared that night. Baekhyun had to erase any trace of the both to avoid breaking down in front of everyone. He had kept to his bubbly personality under 7 keys; he was no longer the same old Baekhyun since that night.

He bit his lips avoiding the cry on his eyes, drying the single tear that rolled down from his eyes, then he walk to the table in the middle of the room to take his jacket, Baekhyun placed the jacket on his arms and finally he placed the gloves in his delicate hands. He don’t bother to say goodbye to his dad, he just opened the wooden door that separated the real world from him. When he open the door a strong current blown on his way causing cold chills though his entirely body along his spine.

He smiled inwardly; winter was always his favorite station. 

.~.~.~.~.

Baekhyun was walking through the forest singing a trot song while carrying in his two arms the woof for the fire as he walked toward his home.The snow had risen a few centimeters and it was impossible to walk in the snow, even if he was using special snow boots which are dug into the asphalt causing a dull sound as of crunch. Sometimes he stopped his walk to rest his arms and lean against the tree trunks.

Baekhyun really loved when the snow created and amazing scenery in the forest; it was beautiful to see how the white snow clung to the branches of the trees and how the branches turn into them. He turned to walk down again through the forest, he hear a sound in the distance then again he stopped, Baekhyun replaced all his senses in the sound, he opened his eyes in pure horror when he recognize the particular sound.

Wolfs.

Baekhyun cursed his luck, he used to think that the wolves don’t come out in the day or in the snowstorms, then why he had heard a howl?. His skin turned crisp and his body began to shake involuntarily.

Please don't let be the wolves.

He decided to verify while he turned his head back, his eyes widened as plates and the speech disappeared. Behind him there was a masterful wolf with golden fur and red eyes, his whole snout was covered with blood of dubious origin, the wolf showed his sharp teeth like a pair of blades assimilating a victorious smile.

Baekhyun was shaking from head to toe, he couldn’t process anything, the only thing that came up to his mid was to drop all the wood on the floor and running for his life through the forest. The wolf howled and soon he began his march running to the speed like a jaguar, the giant beast avoided the large treetops as if they were easy obstacles, his eyes had a determination on his prey.

Baekhyun was terrified, more than he would have been in his entirely life, he couldn’t believe that he would die in the same cruel way that his mother died. His heart was beating a mile for minute every time he heard steps of the wolf close behind him. In an oversight Baekhyun tripped over a branch of a tree burned, he lost all control and then he fal to the hard pavement making by snow, the little tiny boy rolled several yards until his back hit in a tree bark just to stopping everything.

Baekhyun couldn’t be more injured, his body ached as if it was being consumed by fire, his eyes were closed but in a last minute he decided to open them, the more time passed his legs began to turn useless, his arms had been weakened leaving almost nonexistent. With the poor conscience that Baekhyun had, he hear a howl followed by two others.

A herd of wolves? It was already his time to die?

The salt tears seized his small and thin porcelain face, he couldn’t believe it, as a flashback appear viewing his life from the time he was born until now that would be the time of his death. He saw how the golden wolf approached him with more hunger in his eyes, now with more conclusion that he had won this persecution, Baekhyun just felt that his heart was about to collapse when he see the wolf stay more closer.

He was so engrossed in the golden wolf that he didn’t feel when another black colored wolf become out of nowhere and then the black wolf bit the other in the back. The golden wolf howl in a tearing pain, the black wolf was with his snout in the fur of the another biting the entire back of the beast.

Baekhyun was still trembling in pain, watching the black wolf in an attempt to kill the other between bites on his back. His eyes couldn’t demonstrate more terror when see about two other wolves approaching at full speed toward the golden wolf, when the black one see the other two he left alone the golden wolf, the golden one fell in the ground almost dead while his breathing was unstable and he kept howling in pain.

When he watch the black wolf approached him his breathing stopped, he knew that he couldn’t hold more pain in his frail body so in an attempt that not focus on the pain he decided to close his eyelids. But what happened after before closing his eyes left Baekhyun stunned.

He couldn't believe it. The wolf had just turned human right before his eyes.

Baekhyun watch as the long silky black fur became a milky skin, as also transformed into a silky black hair molded in a modern style, and those white eyes turn into a big eyes revealing like a onyx nature between his DNA, and how those paws became hands and beautiful long legs.

He couldn’t believe it.

His consciousness gradually began to disappear, he closed his eyes tightly and clenched his fist causing that his knuckles turn to white.

After all, it was only darkness.

.~.~.~.~.

His head began to hurt, his whole soul slowly began to return to his body, with a lot of wariness Baekhyun tried to open his eyes, after opening completely the first thing that came across to his view it was a beautiful wooden ceiling, he suddenly felt a warmth throughout his body intoxicating it entirety.

Maybe this is heaven?

Baekhyun decided to get up but a sharp paint prevented him to do it, he groaned heavily by the pain in his leg, then if the pain was in that meant he’s alive.

How? When?

He raised his eyes looking a whole body that was sitting in front of what appeared to be a clay chimney, Baekhyun was confused, deducting all, maybe someone had come to the scene in the forest and saved him from being eaten by wolves. But then he remembered the last moments before closing his eyes, he had seen the black wolf transform into a man. Baekhyun blamed his brain to create those surreal –and rare- images when he thought it would be his death. The body turned to see him straight, Baekhyun opens his eyes in surprise, the same man who earlier had been a wolf was now in front of him.

Wait, WHAT?!

They were the same onyx black eyes that he had seen before losing consciousness; even the perfect jovial face was the same he had seen in the canine before the fierce devour the other wolf. But there was only a little and tiny difference, a big and uncomfortable difference; Baekhyun UNFORTUNATELY had seen the man in a fully state.

Baekhyun couldn’t believe what his eyes were seeing.

He try to open his mouth to say something but only nonsense sounds became out, and in a moment he wanted to run but that damn sharp pain his legs was made to appear and he lay back down in the bed, again. The man quickly got up and ran to the side of Baekhyun, even close his thin features seemed to be made with a chisel, the man -who looked no more than 25 years- run quickly into a cabinet that was behind the bed where Baekhyun was lying, then the man pulled what looked like a bottle with a kind of black syrup, the boy look what seemed to be a spoon and when he find it without hesitation he comes to beside of a appalled Baekhyun. With one of his large hands he poured the syrup on the spoon and came to the curious face of the auburn boy.

—Take It— the black haired man sued, Baekhyun felt chills when he hear the deep voice that the boy had, nothing compared to with his angelic face and his tall body. The man looked him, hoping to fulfill his order but Baekhyun eyes were watched him and trembling in the process.

—Take it, I assure you that the pain will decrease— the man mentioned again but now he was smiling sympathetically with perfect pearly teeth smile, in his tone he could clearly distinguish the concern for his health.

The pain was sharply biting his leg, Baekhyun decided to succumb to everything and slowly he moved his head and his lips touched the syrup so the man bends the spoon and the auburn boy takes all the syrup in a single drink. The bitter taste burned his throat but miraculously after single seconds the pain had declined to the point that it no longer bothered even clue it was very small.

Baekhyun turned to look at the dark-haired man with his mouth open and his eyes wide with his tender expression asking some explanation for what had just happened. He dark-haired laughed slight but sweet, for the man is too cute seeing this little human in front of him.

—How did you do?— Baekhyun asked when he felt as he had recovered his speech, the man smiled and he decided to put the syrup to the cabinet where was before.

—It’s an old family recipe.

Was all he said as he put the things in they place quietly, Baekhyun looked around the small cabin watching the homey style of the loggers in the woods; he tried to find a window and was his surprised to know that it was still snowing outside. And that’s when the doubt entered, he knew that he had fainted and Baekhyun still wasn’t sure if what he saw before losing consciousness had been a man, many questions went through his head and he had a few answers.

—Where am I? — asked Baekhyun. The black-haired guy was now in front of the fireplace as he was appeasing the fire, he tilted his head to look at the face of Baekhyun, a rare shudder ran through him, and in an instant the man smiled again.

—You are in the territory “K”— answered the man. Baekhyun was still in much doubt about everything, territory “K”? Where the hell was that?

—And that is?— Baekhyun asked softly again.

—Next to the territory “M”— Baekhyun felt now more exorbitant that it was before and the guy in front of him didn’t do anything to help just to return more doubts larger than they were.

—Am I near from Moksan*?

After an awkward silence the black-haired man look him and shook his head. A feeling of forgiveness was in those big orbs but Baekhyun couldn’t detect it.

—No!? Where the hell am I??!— The auburn boy exploded, all this was starting to give him a bad feeling about this.

—In the territory “K”— the man say the same thing again, Baekhyun it was about an inch to tear his hair in frustration.

—I will change the question, Who are you?

—It doesn’t matter…— the man said as he was finding his place back to the chimney.

—Of course, how I cannot know the name of my kidnapper— Baekhyun whine without knowing exactly what his mouth let go. The black-haired man turned to see him with a frown in his beautiful face, a clear sense of anger.

—So that I get for saving your life— the guy comment angrily.

After a long and awkward silence Baekhyun breath as he sighed, he looked out the window just to finding answers. His mother since he was a child told him –or more as an advice- that for let you know where you are in the forest was depending on the type of the trees and how big were his branches.

The trees which were long and they have so much foliage on them, Baekhyun sigh as he resting his head in his heads, judging by his “scout knowledge” he was not even close to the village, maybe if was about 10 km to foot or even more. Baekhyun turned his view on his savior, it was clear he wouldn’t leave the house after the snowstorm end so he wouldn’t be all the time angry, seeing the black-haired … he looked like a good person. I mean, not everyone would take a strange wounded in his arms without expecting anything in return.

—And your name was?— he asked again, the man was still in his business on the chimney, in the large orbs was reflected the flames of the fire- I mean, I’m not leaving until the storm ends. It would be good to make friends, also…

—Park Chanyeol

—Huh?— Baekhyun asked a little confused, the man turned to see him for the first time after a few minutes.

—My name is Park Chanyeol— the black-haired repeated as he was back to his fire activity. So the man name was Chanyeol.

—I’m Byun…

—Baekhyun— Chanyeol complete the sentence while smiling- I already know.

Baekhyun looked him asking for explanations, first because he didn’t understand how a complete strange knew his name, and to be honest that was to frightening to know.

—How do you know my name?— Baekhyun asked looking at him expectantly. Chanyeol looked at him again and he smile playfully as he walked towards the brunette.

—Well, it’s a long story— said Chanyeol.

—Are you some kind of ?— asked Baekhyun, he couldn’t contain the urge to ask something like that, unfortunately God blessed him with a VERY sharp tongue —Or are you a kidnapper? — sued the auburn boy pointing with an accusing finger.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow with a look of “are you crazy?” and then he relax his expression while laughing and clapping with his big palms, Baekhyun found it strange that king of laughter, but it was joyful and somehow full of happiness between each note.

—Yah!— Baekhyun cry with his two arms crossing in his waist looking fiercely, the dark-haired man was still laughing as his quiff was going forward and backward in a comical way. —What’s so funny?!

Chanyeol moved a little close to Baekhyun after he finished laughing, his jovial face glowed favorably to the light of the fire; his eyes took on the reflection of the fire in the chimney showing an ferocious side of the man. Baekhyun couldn’t die a little more when he see how Chanyeol was smiling, that smile felt like taking him to a kind of alternate dimension, the auburn internally scolded himself, how on earth he could show those feeling to a completely stranger?, he shouldn’t show weakness to anyone.

—I think it I was some sort of “” or “kidnapper” I had you in the wood when you were unconscious—Baekhyun showed a face of disgust and Chanyeol laughed with a playful giggle —Hey, That’s true! But thank God I’m not a , also seems to me that we’re in the same age.

—How old are you?— Baekhyun asked curiously.

—20.

Baekhyun opened his eyes in surprise, Chanyeol looked it was a mix of ages, he has a perfect child’s face, baritone voice that a male of 30 years has and his biological age was 20 years, yes, Chanyeol was a mishmash of ages.

—I’m 21— Chanyeol smiled though he was shocked.

—So, you’re my Hyung?— Baekhyun murmur a “tsch” sound rolling his eyes at once. Chanyeol laughed cause he got the message loud and clear, the wouldn’t call the poor Baekhyun with a some kind of Hyung’s name.

The conversation went on for some time until the storm stopped, Baekhyun look out the window and confirms that there was more snow falling from the white sky. Chanyeol feel it to and Baekhyun swear that Chanyeol went tense even under that big coat. The theme of the transformation that Baekhyun saw before losing consciousness was not played more, the auburn was thinking it was something that his brain created of for the delirium while the was unconsciousness.

Chanyeol seemed to be a normal guy of 20 years living in the distance and sheltering his stuff in the woods. Chanyeol sincerely asked if Baekhyun could walk, the auburn said that the black syrup had worked perfectly and he was now in better conditions. He got up from the couch and he was right, his leg doesn’t hurt anymore just a little by the ardor, but it was nothing that he couldn’t endure. Chanyeol was tense, Baekhyun was nobody to ask what was wrong but it was very noticeable the concern in his eyes.

Baekhyun mention that he would have to go home or else his father would kill him live, Chanyeol twisted his mouth and then nodded, when Baekhyun put a one foot out of the warm house an thousands of chills come to him through all his petite body being as thieves, Baekhyun had this weird feeling that tell him that he shouldn’t go out again into the woods, according to Chanyeol he indicated that he could grab the road heading the south, when he leave he only gave a small smile to Chanyeol and whispered a soft “Thank you” and the walk to his home. He didn’t know if it was just and imagination but when he turn when he walked several feet to where Chanyeol belong, his big lips murmured something barely understandable.

 

"See you soon, Byun Baekhyun" 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

I hope you people like it. English is not my first language so i'm sorry for all the errors D8. AHSJA, i really like supernatural stories, ajhsjahsja c; Anyway follow me on twitter; @hyunxs. 

 

Johana.~
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )