Just The Beginning

My Surreal Life

Korean

My (Mi Ri) thoughts


It was just barely a minute pass 7 in the morning and usually, on the weekend, I would still be in bed sleeping comfortably snuggled up under the comforter until 10 am. But today is different. Tonight was the award show and I would be delivering flowers to the venue, where I might see you(Jay)-senpai in person. I could not stay still for even a second, and the surprising thing is, I didn't even drink coffee or eat breakfast yet. I was running on excitement, until my stomach said otherwise. I skipped out of my room and into the kitchen to find Umma making some sweet smelling breakfast. "Umma~ good morning!" I sang softly, with a hint of excitement in my voice, before I kissed her on the cheek."Someone seems happy and wide wake early this morning." She knew the reason why I was all jittery and happy. "Anyways, what is your schedule for today?"

I puffed up my cheeks slightly, with my index finger tapping against my lips softly while I think about my schedule. Umma placed the everyday Korean breakfast dish on the table. "It's just barely 7:45 now. I'm about to eat breakfast. Then at 10 I have a client coming to the shop to look at the flowers..." What else was there to do today? "Hmm... Oh!~ I have a paper to write for literature class after my client has left. The we are off to deliver the bouquets to the award show." I smiled at her softly before stuffing my mouth with a spoonful of rice.

---

I helped Umma with the dishes and cleaned the table before heading off to my room to get ready for the day. To start off, I took a shower, the changed into something comfortable yet somewhat presentable that will last me throughout the day. So a striped shirt and a pinkish-brown waisted skirt will do.

Then I toweled dry my hair and moved on to makeup; a little BB and concealer, with eyeliner and mascara, my usual makeup. Checking one last glance of myself in the mirror, my clothes and make are all set and ready for the day. As I exited my room, Umma was already downstairs at the shop. I made sure I had my key with me before locking the door before going down and entering the shop.

To pass some time I helped Umma water the flowers, hang some out in display, as well as welcomed customers into the shop. Lastly I helped organized some bouquets for tonight. It was not too long until Ms Kim, my client, had arrived. "Annyeonghaseyo! You must be Ms. Kim. My daughter would be right with you." I heard umma say as I got out of the back, removing my garden gloves, smoothed out the wrinkles of my skirt and grabbed my planner and pen before meeting Ms. Kim, who was having some small talk with umma. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Ms.Kim." I bowed in a 90 degree angle then welcomed her with a smile, which she gladly returned. "If you don't mind can you follow me to the room over here." She gave a small nod before following behind entering the room with choices of centerpieces across the table. "Before we go into details with the center pieces, I want to show you your bouquet." I went into the closet and looked for the box that held a replica of the bouquet. "And if you want anything changed feel free to say so. It's your wedding, and I'm just your planner."

---

With that, two short hours passed by cutting the meeting to an end. I stood up and started to pack everything away. "Mi Ri-ah." Ms. Kim said catching my attention. "Nae?" I stopped what I was doing and gave her my full attention. "I just want to thank you for your hard work for the past month, especially dealing with planning at the last minute..." She placed a hand over my shoulder, "but without you, I would definitely have a meltdown." I chuckled softly along with her at the comment. "Ms. Kim, it is a pleasure helping you plan your wedding, I don't mind really and thank you for letting me set the scenery for your new chapter in your life." I smiled at her and kindly escorted her to her car wishing her a safe trip home. "I'll see you again next week at the venue, now have a good day dear." I nodded softly waving goodbye before returning back inside to clean up the displays off the table and place my school work on it. It's just passed noon, and I'm kind of hungry. "Umma~ bae koe-pah-yoe..." I whined, walking out to wherever she was.

She was on the phone, writing an order and an address on a paper. "Yes, and this order is to?" She started scribbling the recipient's name on the paper, as well as a room number. "Thank you, and have a nice day." She set the phone down looking over at me. "We have two more sets of bouquets to be made for tonight's award ceremony and he said and i quote, 'These flowers are a surprise for my niece, something special is going to happen, so i advise to not be late...' So we won't let him down right?" "Of course not! We keep our word to our valuable customers."​ She let out a soft chuckle at my gestures before getting up from the seat, placing a sign on the door 'be back in a hour', and returning to grab her bag. "I heard your hungry." I answered with a nod, with my stomach growling softly. "Let's go eat out today."

 

~Later That Day~

"WAE!~ What's with the sudden traffic?!" I was tempted to honk the horn for the cars to move out of the way so we can arrive at the venue on time. "Mi Ri~ calm down. traffic at this time is normal. It will be okay if we are late for a few minutes, so we should be fine." I pouted at the comment, even if it is true. So far for out word. I kept an eye on the road moving forward slowly, until we finally turned right; where, clear away from traffic, I started to go just above speed limit, trying my best to make it on time. "Mir Ri... you should slow down... You just passed the building..." "Jinjja!?" I slowed down and looked for a different way from here.

I sighed softly and parked the car at front taking the keys and my phone into my bag before getting out of the car. "Umma take the Roses to the man as promised and I'll be up with the lilacs after I give the other bouquets to the others." I handed her the roses once I opened the trunk and off she went into the building. I took the paper the lilacs and three other bouquets out of the trunk holding them securely and carefully as i shut the door, before moving along. I was stopped by security at first and they let me pass after I showed them my authorized badge to enter. Now where is this room... A109...Wah >.<

10 minutes passed by and I rushed to find umma. I accidently lost the paper after dropping off the second to last bouquet. "UMMA~ EODEO??~~" I semi-screamed in the hallway hoping for her to respond. "OVER HERE DARLING!!" I heard her voice and quickly followed it, and stood by the door, holding the lilacs in my arms. There I saw umma and a familiar looking man next to her. What was his name.. "OH! Mr. Kwon! Annyeonghaseyo." Politely I bowed a perfect 90 degree angle holding the bouquet gently. "You know him, Mir Ri?" Umma asked and I nodded softly facing her. "Of course! He was my English teacher from a LOOONG time ago!" I smiled at Mr. Kwon and took a good look at him. "Wow~ Mr.Kwon~ you haven't aged a bit! Maybe just a little more gray hairs than before, but that's understandable since your EXO's manager and also the right hand man of Lee Soo Man-songsaengmin." Mr. Kwon continued to stare at me like what was i talking about? Then it caught me. "Oh! You probably don't remember me since I was the girl that was hidden behind that husky kid in front of me in class." "MI RI-AH?! MY YOU'VE GROWN UP BEAUTIFULLY~" I blushed at that statement with a soft chuckle. "So you're the infamous Mr. Kwon my little Mi Ri has been talking about." Umma said holding her hand infron of Mr.Kwon who she was expecting a handshake, but instead he held her hand gently and placed a kiss on the backside of umma's hand. "Please call me Minwoo. And it's a pleasure to finally meet the mother of my top student." Umma chuckled softly and I saw Mr.Kwon smile.

They then gazed into each other's eyes. Sparks are happening between them that any minute, no second they were going to kiss...something I did not want to see my umma doing in front of me. "Where shall I put these lilacs Mr.Kwon?" They looked over at me, as I stood here awkwardly at the door. Umma removed her hand from his. "Oh sorry Mi Ri-ah. You can just place them nexto to the roses." Awkwardly walking over to the table, I gently placed the lilacs next to the table, and something popped into my head. "Mr.Kwon, you have to tell me more about what you did after you left the school. Everyone at uni has been talking about it." He lookedwas shocked at my comment. "R-really?"  "Yeah~ we've been talking about how you made it possible to manage EXO and be Soo Man-songsaengnim's right hand man." Umma joined in the conversation delieghted with my idea. "That's a great idea Mi Ri-ah. Why don't you come to the flower shop and we can go to a diner I know of together." He nodded and smiled charmingly in response. Oooh~ Umma is making the first move~. ...I've watched too many kdramas and read too much romantic novels... "That sounds nice. Would it be trouble if I brought along my niece? I really want Mi Ri-ah to meet her." If I remeber correctly from an article... My eyes became huge at the thought. "YOU MEAN YOU WANT ME TO MEET EXO-J?!?!" My excitement level was above normal, that Mr.Kwon chuckled. "You must be a fan of her." I scoffed a bit at what he said. "Fan? I IDOLIZE HER!!! SHE IS MY GODDESS!!" Mr.Kwon and umma at the way I was acting, like a kid who found a candystore, I couldn't control myself. I was literally shaking like crazy, that I could not hear their conversation. 

"So~ Minwoo-shi? Should we set up a date?" Umma asked. "Umm~ Both of us are free next Saturday, is that okay?" He asked nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "It's a date! Well, with my daughter and your niece but umm...haha~ you know what I mean right?" Umma also becoming nervous by Mr.Kwon's charms. "Uhh~ Yeah~ so, we'll come by like around two? It's probably going to take a while for my niece to actually wake up and get ready." Umma laughed and nodded. "Okay~ You already have the store's number but just in case..." She took out one of her business cards and wrote down her cell phone number on the back. "That's for when you need to reach me when the shop's closed. Uhh~ I'll see you on Saturday then Minwoo-ah~" She said with a blush hinting on her cheeks as she extended her hand out. Mr.Kwon smiled and shook her hand delicately as if it was the most fragile object on the face of the planet. "I'll see you Saturday. Have a nice day Jimin-ah~" He looks over at me. " I think Mi Ri is about to pass out." He said as he was pointing over at me in the corner hyperventilating. She giggled softly and picked me up off the floor to my feet. "I promise I will fix 'this' before Saturday. Well, see you then Minwoo-ah~ Come along now Mi Ri~" Umma dragged me out the door, as we both went out to find the closest exit. As the cold night air had touch my skin, it brought me back to reality. But I was a bit light headed and still full of excitement. I handed umma the keys since I was in no power to drive back home. 

"Umma~" "Nae?" I turned to face her as she drives keeping an eye on the road. "You are finally going on a date." I could see her cheeks turn a light shade of pink in the dark. "Let's not speak about it right now..." "Wae? I think we should celebrate~ You haven't been on a date since I was born... sixteen years umma..." She let out a sigh. "I know but let's not talk about it right now please?" I obediently obeyed her, and played around with some games on my phone. Until we went to a resturant and order some take out for dinner. Then 5 minutes passed by we arrived home. We took down the plants on the outside display and brought them in before locking up the front and back door and up the stairs to our home. I rushed over to turn on the T.V to the awards channel, then I sat down on the floor with the table in front of me so I could watch the awards and eat at the same time. It was just about the end of the show and they were about to announce the winner for the Best Album of the Year, which EXO Won~ and they were walking across the stage. They all said their thanks and I laughed at the blond's random English line. What's going on...? I watched the screen closely to see that only Exo-J was walking off the stage, but the others and the MCs just stayed still. Then Mr.Kwon spoke saying that Kris had something to say. Kris spoke of the day he had met you in the rain, how you looked like an angel crying, how everyone loves you, especially him. How nothing will ever tear you two apart, and that no one forced him to do what he was going to do. "Kwon you, Will you marry me?" 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNNIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the Television thinking that you were able to hear me. "Mi Ri!~ It's late and the neighbors are going to complain!" Umma scolded me. "Sorry..." I then turned off the television, all giddy at what just happened. Realizing the time I kissed umma goodnight and head off to my room and got ready for bed. 

"I will be able to meet EXO-J and properly congratulate her on her engagement." But it all could of been a dream and Mr. Kwon was talking non-sense


Author's Note~

Annyeong! First Chapter done ^^

And please don't mind the grammar mistakes, I'm not really a writer..

And If you had read the foreward then you know what is going on.

So far. But if not Shame on you.

Just kidding.

But if you haven't please note I am writing in Mi Ri's Point of View

from the following stories I recommend all of you to read them first.

Surprise Loving(​Kris x OC) and Undeniable Love(Kris x OC + Others)