One

Last Kiss

I'll make a quick announcement. This fic came out longer than expected; I couldn't see the ending, but I needed to end it... Maybe, if I have the right amount of inspiration, I'll write a second chapter... just MAYBE~, because I know there is some loose ends like... well, you'll see. If ONE person told me a thing that is loose, I'll consider writing the 2nd part.

Please, enjoy your reading! Love you all!!

 

LAST KISS

I still remember the look on your face

Lit through the darkness at 1:58

The words that you whispered

For just us to know

You told me you loved me

So why did you go away?

I do recall now the smell of the rain

Fresh on the pavement

I ran off the plane

That July 9th

The beat of your heart

It jumps through your shirt

I can still feel your arms

He still remembered that night in the middle of the almost empty airport. It was past midnight.

His heart felt heavy and was being squeezed by an unknown force. Something was going bad, but he dismissed the thoughts. He didn’t want to spoil the mood. His beloved boyfriend needed to go to the States to a meeting from his company while he was going to stay in Seoul waiting for him.

Well, not just waiting since he had so much to do on his own office. The music scores wouldn’t write alone, right?

“Promise me, Eric, you’ll call when you arrive,” Hyesung looked into his boyfriend’s eyes, with a tiny spark of worry. The man in front of him smiled sweetly.

“It’s just a couple of days, Hyesungie…” The way he called his nickname melted the younger man instantly. “But I will call you tomorrow, and every time I have the chance, ok?”

Hyesung nodded furiously. The man hadn’t departed yet and he was missing him already. That stupid bad feeling kept bugging him. Hyesung hugged Eric by the torso and pressed his face into the nook of his neck; the older man hugged him back, feeling the luckiest man in the world for having him there in his arms. Hyesung could hear the beat of his heart through his shirt; it was like a lull for him.

“Pilkyo-ah…, I love you,” Eric whispered unexpectedly and Hyesung felt his ears and his face blushing. The older man cupped his face and kissed him deeply, taking his breath away. Eric tried to pull away, but Hyesung pulled the man against him, not letting him go until his craving was satisfied.

“Passengers on flight UA-892, please pass to gate number 8 to begin the boarding.”

“I have to go…” Eric whispered again.

“I love you, Eric…” Hyesung pecked his lips.

With great pain, he pulled off from Eric and looked at his back while the man disappeared from his sight into the customs house. Hyesung stood still until he could see the plane off, the weather wasn’t really good so he hoped for everything to be okay. When he went back to his car, the pavement was wet and the smell of humidity hit his nostrils; he inhaled and drew a bittersweet smile.

When he opened his apartment, a little ball of brown fur jumped over his feet, barking happily to see him. Hyesung smiled, picked up the dog and took it with him to the kitchen to give him some food. Then, he did the habitual: he cooked dinner for him and seated in front of the TV while eating. However, when he was cleaning the dishes to place them into the wash-machine, a glass fell and broke.

“Ah, jinja!” Hyesung cursed under his breath and went for the broom to pick up the pieces. While he was picking up the biggest ones, he pinched his own finger. “Damn!” He immediately took it into his mouth, the blood and trying to ease the little pain he felt. “What’s wrong with me today?”

He never thought that those little things were warning him about something ominous.

It had passed three months now, since that faithful day. Eric went to a business trip but never came back. Gomdorie barked painfully on his feet and Hyesung looked down feeling like destiny didn’t really like him.

“I miss him so much, Gomdor-ah…” Hyesung clutched on the floor and picked up the little dog, scratching his ears, while his tears soaked once again his bubbly face. “You told me you loved me, so why did you go away?”

Next morning, he woke up as usual. He knew that a flight to New York takes at least 20 hours to arrive, so he got ready for a new day. He took Gomdorie for a walk early in the morning and took the advantage to jog around the park; he wasn’t really into sports but when he met Eric he had dragged him every morning to walk or jog at the park, so it was habit.

Later, he left the dog at home and went to the office. He was working on a new composition, but he couldn’t concentrate at all. Minwoo, one of his childhood friends at work, came into his office with some scores in hand. Lee Minwoo was one of those music geniuses that the company had; plus he had such a big charisma that everyone felt drown to him, even Hyesung who was more reserved.

“Hyesungie, could you take a look at this, please?” Minwoo had the habit to call him affectionately since the beginning and Hyesung got used to it, so he never corrected the man.

“Sure, Minbong,” Hyesung reached for the papers but suddenly he felt weak and the scores scattered on the floor. “I-I’m sorry…”

“Are you feeling okay, Hyesungie?” Minwoo looked at him worried. “You look pale, is something up?” The older guy checked his temperature. “No fever.”

“I’m fine…” Hyesung replied and smiled.

“How’s Eric?” Minwoo asked and Hyesung felt a sting in his heart. He looked at the clock which marked 10:12 AM

“He’s on his way to New York, so looking at the hour maybe he should be boarding his plane in San Francisco by now,” the man in front of Hyesung smiled.

“Tell him, we need to hang out when he comes back,” Minwoo bid goodbye to his mate but Hyesung stayed uneasy.

After that nothing went really smoothly.

But now I'll go sit on the floor

Wearing your clothes

All that I know is

I don't know how to be something you miss

I never thought we'd have a last kiss

Never imagined we'd end like this

Your name, forever the name on my lips

At this day, Hyesung kept petting his little dog as if that would protect him from the pain he was feeling inside. He refused to let go of Eric’s memory, even when Junjin tried to convince him that he was gone, he kept the faith; maybe it was wishful thinking, but he really wanted to believe that perhaps, Eric was still alive somewhere waiting for him to take him back.

The first month after the accident, everyone went crazy at the Mun Corporation. His parents were devastated; somehow they felt responsible for the accident, since they sent him to the meeting with their client in New York. Hyesung felt like he couldn’t breathe most of the time, if not for Junjin and Andy, Hyesung was sure that he could have committed a stupidity by now.

Hyesung left Gomdorie on the floor while he walked to their bedroom like a zombie. He went directly to the wardrobe, where he kept Eric’s clothes untouched. He still had the feeling that maybe Eric wasn’t really gone. The man, passed his hands through the clothes, and when they were removed, the smell of Eric’s cologne left a trail in Hyesung’s nose. He picked up a white sweater which Eric liked the most; he brought it to the bedroom and laid on the bed with the sweater between his arms, inhaling his scent, he felt miserable.

“Eric…” He moaned his name sadly. “Come back… Please… I can’t do it without you…”

The second month after the accident, Hyesung went back and forth from his work, but Minwoo knew how broken and depressed he was. He tried so hard to cheer him up, to hang out with him when Junjin couldn’t make it and even Dongwan, Eric’s best friend, took time to visit him once in a while and keep him accompanied.

Hyesung really tried to focus on his composing but something wasn’t right and his tightened chest kept annoying him. He didn’t realize the hour until Minwoo and some other colleagues came to his office to drag him out to lunch. It was 2 PM, Eric was supposed to land around 4PM. So, hours later, Hyesung got into his car and drove back home, when suddenly a call interrupted his thoughts.

“Hello?” He answered with his hands-free.

“H-hyung…” On the other line Eric’s little brother seemed to be upset about something, since his voice sounded kind of weak.

They met four years ago, when he started dating Eric officially. At the beginning, Andy was the only one who supported their relationship, against their parents’ wishes. Eric didn’t doubt about it even when his father threatened to disinherit and bash him from the family registry; in the end, the Mun family had given up and realized that his older son was seriously in love and happy with Hyesung.

“Andy-ah, what’s wrong?” Hyesung parked immediately when the youngest man cried even harder. “Andy, don’t cry. Where are you? I’ll come over…”

“Eric-hyung…” At the mention of his lover, Hyesung’s chest felt funny again, as if someone was squeezing his heart from inside, like an invisible force. He felt like crying then, it was unexpected and without warning, but his eyes filled with tears listening to Andy sobbing.

“Give me the phone, Andy,” Hyesung heard another voice. “Hyesung-hyung, it’s Junjin… Are you coming home?”

“Y-yeah, I was driving, why?”

“We’re at your place… Could you speed up a little?”

Hyesung hung his mobile and drove back home with his hands clung to the wheel. ‘Please, let everything be okay,’ he told himself.

Nothing was really okay when he arrived.

He found Andy being comforted in Junjin’s arms in his living room. The younger boy had irritated and puffy eyes while Junjin seemed to have bottled up every little feeling in his sad eyes. Nothing was right, he knew, and nothing would be the same after this day.

“A-Andy, Jinnie… What’s wrong?” Hyesung asked once more, still with a cold feeling on his back.

Andy and Junjin stood up and approached Hyesung, who looked really confused and worried. Junjin took one of his hands and squeezed it a bit. The maknae chocked with his own tears; he took a deep breath but couldn’t look into Hyesung’s eyes.

“The plane headed to New York had an accident a few hours ago…” Junjin said slowly, measuring the way he spoke to his best friend.

The silence made its way into the room. Hyesung kept his eyes in Junjin who was looking back at him, worried. The older man felt his heart beating like crazy in an attempt to keep his functions on; his mouth went dry and his mind could barely process the information.

“You’re joking, right?” Hyesung whispered finally. “If you are, then it’s not funny, Park Choongjae.”

Junjin bit his lower lip really hard and looked into his best friend’s eyes. “It’s not a joke, hyung…”

Hyesung still couldn’t process the information; he regained his movements and ran to his bedroom followed by Junjin and Andy. He reached his mobile and dialed Eric’s number but the voicemail jumped in; he tried over and over until he threw his mobile to his bed furious. Why wasn’t he picking up!? Both young men observed Hyesung going back and forth in the room, picking up clothes and a pair of snickers, packing a little travel bag.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Junjin grabbed his arm but Hyesung shook his grip, looking at him still in denial.

“I’m going to find him,” Hyesung tried to move but Junjin took him by the shoulders; his resolution crashed when Junjin looked at him way too serious.

“Pilkyo-hyung,” Junjin called his real name; he does that when he’s trying to convey something serious.

“It’s not true,” Hyesung said with his voice cracking and the edge of his eyes filled with tears. “It’s not true…”

“I’m sorry, hyung…” Junjin brought Hyesung to his arms, in an attempt to embrace the older man, but Hyesung struggled.

“NO! You’re lying!” Hyesung yelled at him while his tears fell down his cheeks. “YOU’RE LYING!”

Junjin didn’t give up when Hyesung hit his chest trying to avoid him; the young man hugged him tighter while Andy averted his eyes, unable to see the scene in front of him. Never in his 25 years could have imagined to experience this kind of pain; Eric was his brother, but at least he lived with him all his life. But Hyesung…, Hyesung had just started to seriously live with him and he felt so much sorrier for him. Hyesung was strong when his parents’ opposed their relationship, he worked really hard to never embarrass his brother in front of the family, and he even won his mother’s approval with his brain and caring personality. Andy didn’t know if Hyesung would be strong enough to bear the pain of losing Eric.

Hyesung’s strength flickered and finally he leaned on Junjin and cried on his shoulder feeling like the world was getting colder and empty.

The constant ringing of his mobile brought him back to his slumber. When did he fall asleep anyway?

He looked at the id caller: Andy. Hyesung rubbed his eyes and picked up the mobile. “Hello…”

“Hyung, how are you?” Andy had the grace to ask him.

“I’m still sane…” Hyesung answered with a low tone.

“I know. I’m not much better…” Andy sighed. “I need to tell you something,” Hyesung kept quiet waiting for him. “It’s been three months since the accident and… My parents have lost all hopes.”

Hyesung sat on the bed, warily, while Gomdorie barked upset. “S-so…”

“We’ll offer a service in his memory…” Andy let out a big sigh. “Mom asked me to tell you to assist. It’s gonna be only us.”

The young composer gave Andy a short answer and cut the call. After some minutes of self-composing he decided to stop being all depressed and miserable. But, of course, it was better said than done.

I do remember the swing of your step

The life of the party, you're showing off again

And I roll my eyes and then

You pull me in

I'm not much for dancing

But for you I did

Two days had passed since Andy called to inform about the funeral services. Hyesung took two whole days to calm down and to understand that Eric wouldn’t come back; though, a part of him still had hope, a teeny tiny part of his heart still wanted to hear Eric’s voice coming from the phone.

“I never thought we'd have a last kiss,” Hyesung whispered to the picture he was holding in his hands. “I never imagined we'd end like this, Eric…”

The picture seemed to come alive when the memories came back. Eric Mun was quiet and kind of serious, but just a couple of drinks and he could transform in the life of the party. Hyesung particularly remember that one time when he went to Minwoo’s birthday party where he introduced Eric as his boyfriend to everyone. Minwoo became friendly with Eric immediately; later Andy had showed up with Dongwan, who was Eric’s best friend, and Junjin appeared just a couple of minutes later that night.

“Do we really need to go?” Eric whined for the nth time during the evening.

“Eric-ah, Minbong is my friend. Of course I have to go…” Hyesung fixed his hair and looked at his boyfriend. “You’ll like Minwoo; he’s really an easygoing person… please?” The composer pouted and gave him his puppy eyes.

“Eish…” Eric crossed his arms and looked in other direction, defeated.

They had been dating for three months now and all he wanted was to be with Hyesung every day, every time. Hyesung always argued with him about that childish attitude, but in the end he loved that part of Eric, too. So, they finally went to the party, and Eric realized that meeting Hyesung’s work team wasn’t that bad.

That night they had fun, they talked about everything and nothing; Junjin started to show off his dancing skills and Eric, a little tipsy, tried to keep Junjin’s pace. His boyfriend wasn’t bad; actually, he was pretty good at dancing. But what Hyesung loved the most about Eric was his way to bring him into the crowd and make him dance, even when he wasn’t much for dancing.

Hyesung half smiled looking at the picture where Eric was back-hugging him with his arms around his waist and his head resting on his shoulder. He could still feel the warmth of Eric’s body against him, the smell of his shampoo and the exact look of his tanned skin. Hyesung chuckled when he recalled the day he brought Eric to meet his family; it wasn’t a secret for them that Hyesung wasn’t into girls and they were so supportive of him, knowing that it was still a taboo in the society.

Eric grabbed the wheel apprehensive and nervous, Hyesung told him last Monday to spare some time this weekend to go and meet his parents. It was six months now since they started dating, and they had been amazing. Hyesung was everything Eric wanted. But meeting his parents was taking the best of Eric; the anxiety was taking over his heart.

When Eric parked in front of the house he could feel the sweat in his forehead and hands. Hyesung noticed too and he unlocked his seat belt and faced Eric, who –by now- was glancing at his parents’ house. It was a western style house, with a big front yard that extended to the back; the house was at the outskirt of the city and was big enough for more than six persons living in there.

“Earth to Eric… Are you still with me, love?” Hyesung waved his hand in front of his boyfriend who shook his head.

“Y-yeh…” Eric stuttered.

Hyesung chuckled at the vision and immediately went to capture Eric’s lips; it was his way to distract him from thinking too much. The younger man cupped the elder’s face and caressed his cheeks softly staring into his eyes. Eric sighed; those almond-shape eyes poured all the love into his soul.

“It’s gonna be alright…” Hyesung whispered and Eric nodded, amused by his Little Prince antics. “Come on…”

They got out the car and by the main entrance a Cocker Spaniel welcomed them. The dog barked and jumped happily around Hyesung who immediately squatted on the floor and let the dog his chin and his face. Eric smiled foolishly at the sight and he clutched next to them petting the dog.

“Eric, this is Muri… She’s my baby girl…” Muri sniffed Eric’s hands and it. Eric smiled childishly and let the dog his hands and approach him.

Muri ran to the back yard while Hyesung and Eric resumed their walking to the main entrance. The younger man pulled a key and opened the door; the drawing room welcomed them and Hyesung placed his key back on his pocket. The faint smell of lilies and lavender set Eric’s heart at ease.

“I’m home!” Hyesung sang.

The house seemed to come alive. Upstairs, a young version of Hyesung popped up his head through the corridor and his big eyes glowed with contentment. “Hyung!” The boy came downstairs rushing and clung into Hyesung’s embrace. He looked around two or three years younger than Hyesung. “What took you so long?” Hyesung ruffled his hair and smiled.

“Mian, I was a little busy on the company… It’s nice to see you, Jinkyo-ah.”

“Pilkyo-ah…” Hyesung turned to face his mother.

“Eomma!” He released Jinkyo and went to hug his petite mother.

“My sweet angel, eomma has been really lonely…” Mrs. Jung kissed his cheeks repeatedly.

“Don’t say that in front of the kiddo, eomma…” Both, the older woman and the man snickered when Jinkyo pouted cutely.

Eric was still standing at the door watching the scene, really touched by Hyesung’s family. He was taken aback when a deep voice cleared his throat and his younger boyfriend along with his mother and brother looked back at the man standing at the corridor.

“Appa…” Hyesung approached and greeted him in a polite manner, but then he jumped over his short father who welcomed him with a hug.

“I’m glad you made the time to come, Pilkyo-ah,” he patted Hyesung’s hair and then focused his eyes into Eric’s, who startled and started feeling hesitant and nervous. “And who you might be, young man?”

“Oh! My manners…” Hyesung went back to Eric and held his hand entangling his fingers, squeezing it a bit. Eric felt like his soul was coming back to him slowly. “Mom, dad… He’s the one I love…” Hyesung saw the flash of pride in Eric’s eyes.

“Mun Junghyuk,” Eric said, “it’s nice to meet you…” he did a respectful bow in front of the head of the house. But when he lifted his head, Mr. Jung caught his trembling hand in a firm handshake.

“It’s nice to meet you, finally, son,” Mr. Jung told him.

Eric felt kind of bashful and still nervous. Hyesung smiled at him once again with those beautiful lips he loved to kiss. His cute boyfriend proceeded to introduce his mother and his younger brother, Jinkyo; who, of course, was looking at Eric with such bright eyes, just like Andy looked at him. Despite Eric’s anxiety, Jung family welcomed him as part of them. Mom Jung was caring and lovely; dad Jung was really clever and Eric could chat with him about everything; and cute Jinkyo was as talkative and cheerful as Andy.

“A penny for your thoughts…” Hyesung held his hand when they finally were on their apartment. Eric shot his childish smile and hugged Hyesung tightly, as if he was trying to squeeze the life out of him. The younger man giggled in the nook of his neck and hugged him back. “Tell me…”

“You have a beautiful family, Pilkyo-ah…” Eric told him and pecked his lips; but Hyesung knew him better and realized the sorrow in his eyes.

“Oh, Eric, your family will understand,” Hyesung cupped his face. “Give them some time, love,” now was his time to kiss Eric’s lips. “I’m gonna be next to you, Eric, against wind and tide…”

“I love you, Pilkyo.”

Eric pressed his whole body against Hyesung and kissed him; it was ravenous and y. The younger male responded to him and pressed his slim body against him too; Hyesung curled his arms in Eric’s collar and pressed his lips again. He wanted him so badly.

Because I love your handshake, meeting my father

I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets

How you kissed me when I was in the middle of saying something

There's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions

Hyesung blinked a couple of times, with the sound of his doorbell at the back of his mind. When did he fall asleep? Even worst, when did he start crying? The man rubbed his face removing the trail of his tears and looked at the picture over his bed, next to him. He was wearing a too big red hoodie which Eric used to jog.

“Hyung, are you home?” It was Andy’s voice.

“Hyesungie-hyung?” Junjin’s head popped through the door frame and smiled to his best friend. “Hey, sorry to intrude...”

“That’s okay,” Hyesung sat down and Gomdorie jumped from his place next to him.

Junjin and Andy made their way into his bedroom. The youngest, laid down on the bed and snuggled against Hyesung; the older man let him rest his head over his lap. Andy reminded him of a little boy looking for love and caring; he remembered when he first met Eric’s younger brother. Andy was kind of shy and cute, though he was 21 years old. Hyesung smiled and Andy’s hair. Since the day Eric disappeared, Andy spent more and more time at his apartment; even he spent weekends with him trying to comfort each other.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Junjin took their attention. Hyesung realized he hadn’t eaten a thing since morning; his stomach growled giving Andy and Junjin the chance to laugh. “I’ll cook something.”

“NO!” Andy and Hyesung shouted in unison; both knew that Junjin was a total failure in the kitchen. Andy added, “Better call for delivery…” the youngest grinned. Junjin pouted and went to the kitchen to look for something edible with Gomdorie chasing behind him.

While Junjin was out, Andy relaxed in Hyesung’s lap, almost purring like a cat when his hyung his bangs. Eric was a lucky bastard to have this boyfriend as his own. The pain of losing Eric struck him fiercely though three months had passed; his youngest heart wanted to believe that his brother might come back. When his parents told him about having a funeral service for Eric he was strictly opposed, he still needed his older brother. Why does his mom and dad wanted to dispose of Eric memory so soon?

“Sh-sh, don’t cry…” Hyesung whispered suddenly and swept away his tears. The older man hovered over Andy, trying to hug him and buried his face in Andy’s brownish hair.

Hyesung’s mobile rang when Junjin came back to the bedroom; the youngest boy reached for Hyesung’s phone and handed it to him. Hyesung frowned as he identified the number from the States. The States? His heartbeat rose suddenly, as if it was trying to tell him something. He looked at Andy who blinked twice, getting rid of the sudden outburst of tears.

“Hello?” Hyesung answered in english.

“Pilkyo…” Hyesung froze. This couldn’t be. The voice on the phone was husky and weak. “Baby, it’s me…” His heart skipped a beat and with trembling hands he hung the phone looking at the motionless mobile.

“Hyung, what happened?” Junjin sat next to Hyesung, who looked terribly pale and was breathing irregularly.

“I-I’m going crazy…” He told Junjin, but there was something about the call that made his heart flutters and jump in joy. Could it be? “It couldn’t be…”

“Who was it?” Andy asked and approached Hyesung, with a tiny spark of hope still on his eyes.

The phone rang again. Hyesung halted and looked at the mobile dancing on the bed. The same number was displayed. Andy and Hyesung looked at each other; the eldest bit his lower lip and looked at his mobile. Could it be possible? Maybe, all the praying he has been doing for months took effect. His heartbeat told him yes. His body moved on his own and picked up the phone. A part of his heart told him to hear well the other line; maybe…, just maybe it was really him and not some sort of illusion.

“He-hello…”

“Pilkyo, don’t hang up… Please,” again that voice, weak and broken. Hyesung could hear a sniff. “Pilkyo-ah…”

“E-Eric…?” Hyesung finally spoke; Andy looked at him shocked, same with Junjin who went over Hyesung to try listening to the conversation.

“Yes, baby… It’s so nice to finally hear you…” Eric voice broke and Hyesung could hear him cry on the phone; it was the most awful sound of his entire life.

“Mr. Mun, I need you to calm down… Let me speak with your husband, you’re still weak…” Hyesung could hear a girl talking and then some noises. Andy took the advantage and snatched the phone to put on the speakers.

“Brother!” Andy yelled.

“Mr. Jung? My name is Aria I’m a nurse at the NY Presbyterian Hospital,” the girl answered to Andy’s shouting, while Hyesung was still trembling in anxiety.

“I-I’m his younger brother,” Andy spoke in perfect english. “What’s wrong? Is he alright? Can I speak with him?”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Mun, the thing is your brother was in a comma for three months. He woke up two days ago and the first thing he wanted to do was to call home…” the girl explained. “Is it okay for you to take a flight over here?”

“Yes, yes! Of course! We’ll take the next flight!”

The next couple of minutes Andy scribbled on a notepad next to Hyesung’s drawer while the other two males tried to register every little detail the nurse was saying. Junjin didn’t understand much but for the first time in months he finally saw his Hyesung-hyung to breathe regularly and relieved. Hyesung leaned into Junjin, who got a shock since his best friend wasn’t really a person who relies on others; Hyesung was the kind of guy to not trouble anyone besides his own self.

“Hyung!” Andy shook Hyesung, who looked back at him. “He’s fine! Eric-hyung is fine!” The youngest took refuge in Hyesung’s arms.

Junjin felt the sting of tears over the edge of his eyes. It was definitely a turntable. He joined in the embrace and the three friends comforted each other. Everything was fine.

No. everything would be fine after this.

 

“Pilkyo-ah, my son,” dad Jung greeted him through the phone.

“Dad!” Hyesung cut him. “I never ask for nothing, daddy, but…” Hyesung stopped and bit his lower lip. He disliked depending on his father’s connections. He was retired now but he had many powerful friends who always were lenient to give him a hand.

“What’s wrong, son?” Mr. Jung asked worriedly. He knew how broken and sad his older son was when Eric disappeared on that accident. He wanted to get rid of his son’s sorrow at any costs.

“Dad, I need to go to New York, like… now…” Hyesung told him. His father gasped. “Eric is alive… Could you…?”

“That’s such great news, Pilkyo-ah! And don’t worry, I’ll call my friend to arrange a plane for you…” his dad told him. “Does the Mun’s know this?”

“Yes, Andy went home to tell them…” Hyesung was packing a bag. “Thank you dad…”

“Everything for you, my son…”

Hyesung hung up the phone and then someone came to his bedroom in a hurry. He looked at his childhood friend and smiled, Dongwan was behind him and he noticed how their fingers were entwined. Hyesung almost smirked, they looked good together. Maybe, these past months were what they needed to spend more time together in order to develop some attachment. He wasn’t going to judge since both supported them at the beginning. Minwoo smiled brightly, releasing Dongwan’s hand and almost knocked Hyesung down in a bear hug.

“Minbong!” Hyesung greeted and hugged him back.

“Junjin told me the news, is it true?” Minwoo asked and Hyesung nodded eagerly. “Geez, that bastard! When are you going to NY?”

“I just asked my dad to make some arrangements,” Hyesung was shaken by Minwoo again.

“Take me with you, Hyesungie! I need to punch that bastard for being this mean to you and Wannie and Andy, too!” Minwoo puffed his cheeks. Dongwan approached him and grabbed his arm.

“I need to beat him up too, you know?” Dongwan seemed to have been crying.

“It’s settled then!” Hyesung told them. “Go and pack. Andy will pick me in an hour!”

 

20 hours later, five good-looking men were walking hurriedly inside the Presbyterian Hospital. Andy was the first to ask for his brother to a nurse and they headed towards the sixth floor. When they reached the 606 room, the five of them stood in front of the door looking at each other. Finally, Minwoo broke the silence and opened the door.

The scene they saw was the best scene everyone could want. There he was. Eric Mun: the man, the brother, the friend, and the lover. He was looking through the window and when he heard the door, he looked quizzically to the five men standing at the door frame.

“What took you so long, babo-ah?” Eric smiled weakly. Andy was the first one to jump over him, crying his heart out over his chest. “Andy-ah... I’m fine…”

“I thought… we thought…” Andy hiccupped.

“I know, baby bro…, I know…” Eric cooed and removed the trail of his tears.

“Bastard…” Junjin whispered, but everyone heard him and chuckled.

Well, almost everyone. Hyesung was still stunned and unable to move. He was so sure Eric was waiting for him but his legs wouldn’t move, no matter how hard he commanded with his brain. Minwoo nudged him and Hyesung startled, he regained his conscious and his movements and approached Eric’s bed slowly, almost afraid that he could be just another memory and not reality. Eric reached for his hand and Hyesung grabbed it shyly. It was real. Eric’s warmth was real, as real as his heartbeat.

“Eric…” Hyesung called his name and Eric felt like his soul just reentered his body.

“I’m sorry, baby…” Eric glistering eyes looked straight to Hyesung’s.

All the pain and the sorrow just flew away. It was almost like magic. The past three months seemed so far now. Eric pulled Hyesung, who stumbled with the bed and looked at Eric, confused. His boyfriend was his hand softly with his thumb and Hyesung melted instantly.

“I have missed you so much…” Hyesung said bluntly. Despite the shocked faces behind him, he still looked at Eric, with teary eyes. “Never leave me, Eric… I can’t… I can’t do it without you,” without second thoughts Hyesung embraced Eric and buried his face in the nook of his neck.

Both started crying in each other arms. It was almost like Eric just came from the dead and it felt unbelievable. Hyesung held onto Eric’s body tightly, it doesn’t matter if the guys were behind them; he just wanted to feel Eric in his arms.

“Ejem!” Hyesung startled at the voice. He looked back and Minwoo was smiling at him. “Remember what I told you? I want to punch him for making you and Wannie worried!” Hyesung clung even more to Eric avoiding Minwoo to go near him making the patient chuckled. “Yah! I just want to greet your boyfriend!” Minwoo told his best friend but Hyesung refused. “Eish, jinja!” Minwoo ruffled Hyesung’s hair; the younger man didn’t flinch.

The oldest male removed on his bed and made some space for Hyesung, who immediately snuggled against him, trying not to hurt him in the process. After some minutes, every member of the troop greeted Eric, after receiving a scolding from the nurses because they were being noisy; Hyesung was still cuddling next to him while Andy was sitting at his feet, touching his leg or his hand. The two persons who were most hurt when Eric disappeared were probably them, so it was normal to be clingy for a while. Junjin glanced at Hyesung and sighed relieved when Hyesung finally fell asleep in Eric’s arms. Minwoo and Dongwan were outside buying some dinner while Andy was at the couch asleep too.

“What’s with the sudden sigh?” Eric asked in a low tone, rubbing Hyesung’s arm.

“He hasn’t been sleeping well since three months ago. He barely ate and rested…” Junjin rubbed his face, kind of annoyed. “I didn’t know what else to do for him… I mean, for them…” The man glimpsed at Andy, who looked adorable pouting in his sleep. “They have been spending so much time together, don’t get surprised if Hyesung-hyung and Andy got closer, ara?”

“I’m sorry, Jinnie-ah… I didn’t mean for this to happen…” Eric spoke and Junjin locked his eyes with him.

“It’s not your fault, hyung,” Junjin got closer to Eric and without hesitation took his hand. “You’re the best man for Hyesung-hyung. He seems so alive and happy when he’s with you… I couldn’t stop thinking what would happen if…” Junjin stopped and felt when Eric squeezed his hand.

“I’m so grateful towards you, Jinnie…” Eric said. “You took care of my little brother and my Hyesungie…” Eric gaze filled with tears again.

Junjin chuckled but his own eyes started to release tears. “Damn…” He hid in Eric’s mattress while the oldest patted his hair.

Eric knew how stressed and worried Junjin might have been for his Hyesung and his Andy to finally being able to release all of the feelings he had bottled up. He was younger by a year, and despite everything he was the one who pulled up and held everything like a real man. Eric felt so proud of him, because he knew that no matter what, Junjin will be next to Hyesung and Andy whenever he wasn’t around. But, that was something Eric wouldn’t want to do anymore.