Chapter Twelve.

Dragon's Mark

"You're saying we have an opening?" Kris asked. Lay nodded confidently.   

"There's a small opening, and this might be our perfect, if only, chance to get in. Once we are in we can handle everything else." Lay explained. They had been trying to infiltrate an underground dealer name Xavier that secretly traded weapons in the black market. He moves from place to place and they had no leads to finding him, until now.   

“There's an opening, tonight." Luhan repeated. He was gazing over the blueprints of the building the Xavier was supposed to be in. It was a secret underground casino for high stake card players. To get in you need to find the location of the place, as well as knowing the password which will give you access to getting in. From there on there was only a few body guards, lousy video cams that could be deleted, and around 100 or so people who decided to deal their money away for the night.   

"Lay, how did you find all this?" Luhan asked. 

"Sarang." The answer bothered the boys. Sarang was the person giving them information. They had been trying to track this specific dealer down for weeks, trying to pinpoint where he would be and how to kill him. Sarang had managed to give them everything they were searching for. She was good, they had to admit that, but was she too good. 

"You guys are scared that this is a trap." Lay commented. He could see it in Tao and Chen's faces.  

"I say let's go for it. It's the first time in weeks we have any leads." Luhan supported Lay, plus he trusted Sarang enough to know she wouldn’t be letting them walk into a trap. She did her research and knew what was going on.  

"Hell, why not." Chen added. "Whose money will I be using tonight?" He joked.  

"I'm going in." Kris declared. This caught the group by surprise. For one, Chen was the one who usually did undercover jobs; he was excellent at lying and faking his way through fussy situations. Another thing was that Kris was a high profile individual. If word gets out that the Heir of Wu Corporations, who’s supposed to be recovering from a car accident, is caught at an underground casino, things would get bad.  

"No way." Xiumin interposed. "You're be recognized the second you step in there. What happened to keeping low profile?"  

"Nobody will see me because I won't be throwing any of my money away. Do you guys remember who I am? I'm Kris Wu. The second I walk in I'll be taken straight to the head the trading ring. I bet that's where we'll find Xavier. I know he's not going to be standing out in the open. He's going to be behind the scenes, watching the game. When they bring me to the head, they bring me to Xavier." He clarified.  

"Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that thick skull of yours." Tao stammered. Give it to Kris to think this through, analyzing the smaller details to this operation.  

"How do you know they’ll take you. I mean, yeah it's you, but we need something even more to guarantee that they bring you to the head of the place." Luhan reminded. The group noticed a mischievous smirk appear on Lay's face,  

"Who else does everyone want to meet more that Kris hyung? Who else does everybody want a piece of?"  

"Me." A female voice answered shifting the attention of the group towards her. Sarang stood by the doorway looking at the group with those mischievous eyes that looked like they were ready for battle. 

"God, those two are going to kill each other even before they get out." Xiumin complained. 

--------- 

"You ready?" Lay asked . Sarang wasn't entirely sure how she ended up in this situation, but she was determined to help EXOM anyway she could. Even if that meant putting on a racy dress and faking a smile.  

She was currently dressed in a figure hugging black dress with shimmering sequins all over it. The back of the dress was daringly low cut and revealed a lot of her back, the high thigh split was also a little too much for her liking, but Chen insists that the more skin she shows, the easier it’ll be.  

"Where the hell is Kris?" She snapped through her cellphone. She was standing in an isolated corner waiting for her fiancée to show up. From there they were supposed to enter the building where Xavier was. Sarang had to go through over a dozen leads, backtrack every one of their movements, including their phones, emails, and every place they used a large sum of cash in over the last few weeks, to be able to pinpoint where the man would be. From there she had to be positive that he would be there, after hacking a few people she was able to affirm his whereabouts tonight.   

"I’m behind you." Kris affirmed as he approached her. Closing her cellphone and flinging it into a small purse she would carry along she turned around to face him, and she had to admit that he looks good. The man had always taken care of his image well so it didn't surprise her that he looked dashingly y right now, like always.  

He was dressed in a nice black dress shirt with a black blazer over it, black jeans and combat boots completed the look. It was an all black look aside from his hair. His newly dyed blond hair, which she always preferred more, was messily left out of place but she liked it like that. She was too sure that he had a knife of two tucked away somewhere.  

"You ready?" She adjured. She noticed hesitance flicker in his eyes and remembered that they weren't on the best of terms right now. Hell, they didn't even talk especially after seeing the two Chairmens a few days ago. Sarang only kept in contract with Luhan, who she sometimes wished would had shown up in her life sooner.  

She was closest to him but at the same time she feared him more than any of the others, even Kris. Luhan had a way of reading right through her, which scared the crap out of her. She took pride in holding her unbreakable poker face, but in front of him, she had no barriers or defenses.  

"It's not like we have a choice right." He replied bleakly. She nodded biting her lower lip as he walked past her. She followed closely behind, remembering everything the boys had told her earlier. Everything had to play out correctly.  

The mission was simple. Kill. The killing was easy for her, the difficult part was making sure that no one suspected her or Kris, and to add on to that they had to get out of there unnoticed.  

Sarang could see a lot of obstacles standing in her way, she didn't like this, but she went with it. 

Once they reached the livelier part of the quiet road Kris slowed down. This was the opening to the casino. Two bouncers waited by the door.  

She felt him reach out and grab her arm, jerking her close to him. She wasn't sure if he was doing this because of the ploy they were playing or because he wanted her to be close to him. She doubted that it was because of the latter reason.  

Once they reached the door she put on her best poker face as she hung onto her fiancée’s arm. She swore if she had an Academy award she would hand it to Kris. The way he spoke and moved were so effortless one wouldn't even tell if he was lying.  

Of course the two gained access to the casino once Kris told them the password. Once they were inside they would have to go down an elevator before traveling through a hallway or two before finally reaching the casino.  

However this wasn't their route. After a silent ride in the elevator the two were escorted to a private room where the head of the casino was supposedly waiting for them. They were escorted by a young woman with blond hair dressed in a skimpy outfit which consisted of short shorts which Sarang considered to be underwear and a white tank top which was thin enough for you to see the red bra she had underneath.  Sarang didn’t like the flirty glances she was giving Kris at all.   

Kris awkwardly tugged on her arm, keeping her close. It was obvious that the two were having their differences. She made a mental note that if they didn't start acting like a real couple this thing wasn't going to work.   

The lady brought them to a small room which was also the security room that looked over the floor of the casino. Looking at the technology of the place Sarang already knew that Lay could hack this place in his sleep.  

"Well isn't this a surprise." Someone commented uproariously directing Sarang's attention to the middle of the room where an all thin man stood dressed in a tacky white suit. It only took one glance to realize his man was the head around here.  

Sarang also noticed a shorter, more muscular man standing in the corner of the room. His dark eyes were censorious and dangerous. His hair was slick back and tattoos lined his arms. He screamed danger, and not the hot kind like Kris did. She knew from one glance that the man was Xavier, their target. Half a dozen bodyguards stood by the corners of the room with expressionless faces.  

"I never thought I would be seeing the famous Kris Wu and his beautiful fiancée somewhere like this." The head stated as he approached the two. Sarang stole a quick look at Kris and all she saw was dominance and power radiating from him. His hard eyes didn't reveal anything else. "I heard you got into a serious accident, I'm surprised you're still walking about." He added. 

"I assure you that a small accident like that, which has been exaggerated by the media, can hardly keep me off my feet." Kris answered effortlessly. Sarang did notice that delicate flicker in his eyes he had every time he lied, and she was surprised that she noticed this at all. She didn’t see it earlier, but then again she wasn’t looking at his eyes earlier. When did she start noticing this about him? Thankfully no one else noticed it. 

She blocked out the rest of the conversation. She knew it was just a mind game between the two, and she didn't want to take part of it. Instead she attentively made mental notes about everything in the room. She searched for possible weapons she could used if she needed to. Lord knows that she couldn't hide anything underneath this dress.  

"How are you feeling Ms. Lee?" Someone asked. She brought herself back to the currently situation and realized it was Xavier who spoke. She could feel Kris's hard gaze on the man.  

"I'm doing fine." She replied rigidly. Xavier nodded while his lips. His eyes lingered from her face down her body, taking in the sight of how the dressed hugged her chest, waist and hips. His eyes fell onto her long milky legs and Sarang felt conscious of how high the thigh split on the dress was. He was undressing her with his eyes. She mentally scoffed at this.  

Apparently she wasn't the only one who noticed. Kris reached his arm out grabbed her thin waist, bringing her closer as he held her protectively. His small gesture took her by surprise because she didn't expect it.  

"How about we show our special guests around. What you do think Xavier?" The head stated.  She could tell that Kris was about to speak up and reject, but she beats him to it.  

"That sounds like a great idea." She acknowledged with a playful smile. Kris's arm tightened around her waist.  

The rest of the plans went according to what she had planned in her mind. She knew there had to be more than one way to the main casino floors and she knew that once they were there the security wouldn't be as strict, giving them the perfect  chance to kill their target. As predicted only the head and Xavier went with them, leaving the rest of the guards behind.  

She also noted how the six bodyguards and the lady who escorted them had to be silence, as well as the two bouncers outside. She couldn't let them get away; the chance of them letting word that Kris Wu and his fiancée were seen here would surely kill their plans. 

“Stay still okay, don’t make any stupid moves.” He hissed into her ear so only she heard. She rolled her eyes at him.

 “Here we are.” The leader acknowledged stopping at an one wall mirror that looked down on the casino. Down on the floor dozens of people betted their lives work away.  

She saw Kris reached behind his blazer for something. His eyes met with hers, mutely telling her what he was going to do.  

“Did you want to go play Ms. Lee?” Xavier spoke shifting both hers and Kris’s thoughts.  

Xavier was staring at the two with a creepy smile Sarang didn’t like one bit. He had the eyes of a predator and right now she was his prey. He was looking at her like a teenage boy did while watching . Lustful and so disgusting.   

“No.” She answered bluntly and coldly. It took her a few good seconds to comprehend what happened next. The silencer on the gun kept their deaths from alarming the place. The trigger was pushed twice, one bullet for the head of the casino and the other for Xavier. Sarang barely grasped what happened before she was being pulled back to the security room. She watched at the two bodies lifelessly dropped to the floor.

“Come on, keep up.” Kris hissed tugging her along as his fingers unconsciously intertwined with hers. 

The duo ran back to the security room. Sarang was taken back when she saw Tao and Luhan already there, they had knocked out half the guards in the room and were fighting the other three.  

Kicks, punches, and hits were being thrown back and forth as the room slowly fell into scattered pieces.  

"How di-" 

"We always have your back Sarang." Luhan cut her off. She was wondering how they had gotten into here, but maybe now wasn't the best time to ask, besides, she doubted they'll tell her.  

"You two need to get out. Now!" Luhan reminded as he threw a fist at one guard who was nearly twice his size. The guard stumbled back tripping over a table and crashing onto the ground.  

"Come on!" His hissed pulling her arm as the two exited the premises. Sarang followed submissively. She knew that the others would take care of this mess.  

They made quick, fast turns through the streets until they were some place more secluded. Sarang easily kept up with Kris.  

"That was easy." Sarang commented as they slowed down.  

"That was too easy." He stated furrowing his brows. What did he mean by that? Was there something else going on?  

"What the hell are you talking ranting on about now?" She asked. Kris suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. He looked like he was trying to solve a math problem with no solution. He was in a deep thought process and he wasn’t going to share what was going on in his mind.  

Sarang looked around at their surroundings before returning her gaze back to Kris. It was only then did she realized their fingers were still intertwined.  

She yanked her hand away and took a step back. She huffed out air blowing her soft bangs in the process.  

"We can't go back to the hideout." He stated calmly finally coming to a conclusion.  

"And why the hell not?" 

"Can you stop questioning everything for once and trust me?" He snapped as he began walking away in a certain direction. Sarang gritted her teeth. Trust him? He wanted her to trust him when he clearly didn't trust her, how was that supposed to work? Gosh, she didn’t get the man. Trust works both ways, if he didn’t realize. Sarang had no reason to trust him. She only followed him because she felt like that was what her parents would had wanted. He was too heartless, too harsh, and a total . 

She was still upset about the fact that he ditched her on their wedding day, and the fact that he stamped the Dragon's Mark on her. If she was talking to him, she could try and clarify things out, but she wasn't. He was ignoring her, and she was miserably trying to help him.

She stood her ground, watching him walk away. When he realized that she wasn't following him he turned around and quickly walked back to her.  

"Why the hell are you so stubborn?" He hissed as he grabbed her wrist and dragged her with him.  

"At least tell me where the hell we're going." She sounded annoyed and exhausted. In fact, she was, she was annoyed with him, and too exhausted to argue with him. He had a way of stealing all the energy in her.

"Somewhere safe." Was his response. Great, that was real specific.