1

We're not lovers, but more than friends
Tiffany's POV
 
I know Yuri over a year ago and we have always been very close. At first it was awkward when we stayed alone. We didn't know what to say or what to do. Little by little we were knowing each other. She was a quiet girl in most cases, but when she felt confident she could talk for hours. So we became close like that, talking.
 
One day, Yuri asked me to meet her at university. I was nervous because I don't know how to act when I'm alone with someone. Yet she, her jokes, her charisma, her multiple ways to make me laugh made us ended up eating italian food as lunch together.
 
- Why did you decide to study contemporary dance, Yuri?
-I don't know... -she said, taking a bite of pasta into - Every time I dance, I feel free and... I like it. I really enjoy it. I can't imagine my life doing something else -she gave me a lovely smile.
 
I have always admired her spirit and passion. Being by her side made me want to be like her. From that day, we became inseparable.
Every day we were sending text messages, we called and tried to see each other in our spare time. As always, we talked a lot, we knew each other more and more, but Yoona was with her often
 
They studied dance and were always together. Yoona is a nice girl, but seemed to be nicer when Yuri was around. I have nothing against her, but sometimes it bothered me when she was there.
 

 

-Yuri! -I greeted over the phone.
-Hi, Tiffany, how are you?
-Great, Yul ... I wanted to know if we were going to practice tomorrow, will you?
 
Some time ago, I asked Yuri to give me dance lessons, because I'm too slow to dance. My career as an actress someday will require me to do a role that needs dancing and I should be prepared.
 
-Talking about that, Tiff ...-she sighed- I won't be able to, sorry.
 
For some reason, I felt sad to hear her say that, but I couldn't tell her.
 
-Oh, I see. Don't worry, we'll meet another day. See you.
-Take care -she said before hanging up.
 
I lay on my bed and hugged my pillow, I was used to see her every Friday to practica and felt I was going to miss her.
 
The following week I got to college and saw Yuri sitting on a bench. I walked over and sat down beside her.
 
-Good morning -I greeted with a smile.
-Oh, hello, Tiff -she said.
- Don't you have classes yet? -I asked, trying to say something, as she didn't speak.
-Uh, no, actually I ...
- Yuri!
 
Yoona appeared and hugged her. I didn't understand anything. Why Yoona hugged her like that? Why was that strange pressure in the chest and that feeling in my stomach? Nothing seemed to make sense.
 
-I must go, -Yuri said without meeting my eyes.
-Oh, okay... I guess -I whispered.
 
I watched them walk away, but the pain in my heart didn't turn away.
 
The following days I tried to clarify my feelings, I couldn't go on like that, Yuri and I were just friends. Yoona and she were just friends too... right?
 
-Hello, beautiful. -a hoarse voice greeted.
 
I sighed.
 
-Hello, Siwon.
 
Siwon is one of the most annoying people I've met in my life. Since I came to this university he has continued to bother me. He always write letters and dedicates songs to me, it's a cute detail, but I don't like it if it comes from him.
 
- Want to go to have lunch? My treat.
-No thanks. -I said gently Siwon'm fine.
-Come on, Tiffany, I know you want to go with me. -he took my arm, trying to move me.
-Didn't you hear what she said, Choi? -someone else appeared beside me- she doesn't want to go with you.
-Get out of here, Kwon -Siwon said scornfully- This isn't your business.
-Sure it is, now go away or else...
-Or else what, Kwon? Are you going to dance to death? -He laughed mockingly.
 
But the laughter soon turned into a cry of pain, when Yuri hit him in the face.
 
-Are you crazy?! -Siwon shouted- How you dare to hit me? This will not be like that! - He shouted before turning around and leaving.
-Did that idiot hurt you? -Yuri asked, gently taking my arm, which made me blush.
-No, I'm fine, uh, thanks.
-Let me know if he come back to bother you, okay? -She gave me a smile.
-Sure, and thanks again.
 
Instinctively, my arms wrapped around her waist, and my face buried in her neck. Having her around made me feel safe and protected. I inhaled her scent and felt butterflies in my stomach.
 
-You're welcome -she said my hair.
 
The moment was perfect. I wanted to be like that forever, in her arms. But it was too good to be true.
 
-Yul... -she called, that voice was beginning to irritate me.
 
Yuri released me and turned to look at her.
 
-Oh, yeah... -she said taking my hands- I must go, Fany. See you later, okay?
 
I nodded. I coulnd't talk, because if I did, my mouth had gone just a "don't go, stay with me."
 

 

For a week I didn't talk to Yuri. No text messages, no calls, nothing. I missed her so much, but I didn't understand why she wasn't looking for me.

I was at my locker, reading my books, when I heard a murmur.
 
-Did you hear the rumor? -a girl asked.
-Which one? -Answered another- Yuri and Yoona's rumor?
 
All my attention was on them when I heard that name.
 
-Yes! -Screamed the other- I heard they are dating and that have been walking hand in hand around the campus.
 
What?
 
Dating? Hand in hand?
 
I wanted to close my locker and join those two gossiping girls to know more about Yuri in a possible relationship, but I couldn't. I felt... betrayed. Betrayed because I felt that she was taking something that belonged to me, I felt that Yuri was mine and no one else could have her. My eyes filled with tears.
 
- Are you all right, Fany? -Leeteuk asked me- your eyes are watery.
-Teuk, have you heard anything about the relationship between Yuri and Yoona?
 
Leeteuk was one of my best friends, I vented with him every time  Yoona stole me Yuri.
 
-Oh -he looked at the floor- I heard something...
-Tell me what you know -I asked in a whisper.
-I just heard that, Fany, that they're are dating, I don't have details.
 
Then we headed to our class, I started thinking about Yuri and all the times I saw her next to Yoona. Why I didn't realize before that Yoona was trying to conquer Yuri? I felt bad that they were in a relationship and that Yuri hadn't told me anything. It is assumed that we were friends, right?
 
During the following weeks, Yuri avoided at all times. Even Leeteuk realized.
 
-You shouldn't be so hard on her -he advised.
-I can't help it, Teuk, things aren't the same. We don't go out like before, we don't talk like before, I can no longer have her to myself... She forgot me -I said, feeling terribly sad.
-I think not, Fany, you should give it a try. Talk to her.
 
I sighed. I really wanted to talk to her, not just talk, hug her, tell her I had missed her, that my life is really boring when she is not with me. And it hurts me that we seem like two strangers now.
 
But I didn't.
 
I didn't because every time I wanted to approach her, there was Yoona. Does that girl ever had anything to do?
 

I arrived early for one of my classes and wait outside the room. I had never come so early, the halls were almost empty. I took one of my books to read.
 
-Hello... -a very familiar voice greeted.
 
I looked up and found someone who I didn't expect to see.
 
-Hello, Yuri ...
 
-Oh, Are you tired of ignoring me?
 
Ouch. She was upset. But ... Why? I should be upset.
 
-No, it's just that you come back and have time for me. What happened? Don't have Yoona today?
 
Maybe I was being a little hard, but I could not help it.
 
-Tiffany, can we talk for a minute?
-No. Ask Yoona to talk to you, I have a class now.
-Please, Tiffany -she grabbed my arm- I want to talk to you now, please.
 
I saw sincerity in her eyes. I couldn't resist her stare.
 
-Just a moment, I promise.
 
Wordlessly walked up to one of the gardens. We sat on the grass and I waited for her to speak.
 
-Why have you been avoiding me, Tiffany?
-Hah! -I laughed sarcastically- Are you serious? Yuri, I should ask why you left me.
-What? I never left you, you suddenly walked away. You ignored my calls, you didn't answer my messages. I try to approach you, but you ignored me, would you tell me what's happening?
- You want to know what happens, Yuri? Want to know? -I asked, raising my voice- Your mysterious relationship is what happens! Why didn't you tell me you're dating Yoona?!
 
Her eyes widened.
 
-Tiffany... How do you know?
That does not matter...-I look at her a last time and stood up.
-Wait... -she said, taking my hand- don't go... Stay with me, please.
 
Her gaze was fixed on the ground. When I sat down beside her, she wrapped her arms around my waist. My heart started beating very fast.
-It's true, I'm dating Yoona, but... It was the only way to keep you out of my mind, Tiffany. I... I like you and I didn't know what to do to forget you.
-Why didn't you tell me? -I asked, feeling how my eyes filled with tears.
-Because I didn'tt want to ruin your relationship with Leeteuk. You make a cute couple, you're happy and that's what matters...
 
Wait, what?
 
- Leeteuk? -I asked in surprise- Yuri, Leeteuk is my best friend.
- What?! That means you and him... I'm a fool -she sighed.
 
Yes, Kwon Yuri, you're a fool.
 
-Fany... -she said my cheek- I love you, you're really special to me and I hate to have you away from me.
-I won't be away from you, Yuri. Even if you're with... Yoona -I felt a pain in my chest.
 
She leaned towards me slowly and left a quick kiss on my lips.
 
The world seemed to stop.
 
- What are you doing? -I asked in surprise.
 
She looked at me the same way.
 
Isn't that what I had always been waiting for? A kiss? I ... I like Yuri?
 
I rushed to her and wrapped my arms around her neck, to join our lips in our second kiss. When we parted, she had the most beautiful smile on her face. That smile that I always liked.
 
But that I didn't want to share with anyone.
 
- What about Yoona? -I asked with a serious tone.
 
She sighed.
 
- I don't know.
- You don't know? Hah, you don't know?! Yuri, you should end it.
 
She smiled.
 
-I will, I promise. In fact, I'll do it right now.
 
She stood up and ran toward the classrooms.
 
-See you at lunch! -She shouted from afar.
 
I giggled. How is it that happened? How do I love her? Her personality, her passion, that smile that could kill me at any time. I always knew she was mine.
 
I walked into my classroom and saw the door was closed, but you know what? I didn't care, I was living the best day of my life and nothing was going to ruin it.
 
At lunchtime, I arrived at the cafeteria and sat at a table in a corner. A few minutes later, someone covered my eyes. I smelled a delicious perfume and discovered who she was.
 
-Yuri... -I whispered.
-Fany... -she said giving me a kiss on the cheek. The butterflies in my stomach began to flutter- Listen to me.
 
She sat next to me and took one of my hands, while the other my cheek.
 
-I know I've been a fool, I admitit -she chuckle- but I want you to know that this fool is willing everything to make you happy. You also know that I'm not good with words... and don't know how to say this... but, you... you.... You know ...
 
I laughed. She was perfect. She is.
 
-Yes. I want to be your girlfriend, Yuri - I answered when I saw that she was blushing as hell.
-I always knew we were more than friends, Tiffany, I love you.
 
Having said that, our lips joined in our first kiss as lovers. The first of many that accompany our lives until today.
 
 
 

Sorry if I made any grammar mistake ^^