Love, it is

The Way You Look At Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one ever saw me like you do.

I sighed as I stepped out of the suffocating classroom. It's only day one, but the amount of bullying I just got seemed like I've been here for years.

Is there something wrong with me? Did I do anything bad? Am I really that wei-

"Oof!" I shut my eyes close as I felt myself falling down, my books flying around.

Great. Another reason for them to laugh at me.

But I didn't hear the irritating laughter. What I heard was a voice.

A guy's soft, soothing voice.

"Omo, are you okay? I'm so sorry! I didn't notice you!" the guy panicked.

I opened my eyes, cringed a little bit because of the pain.

"Miss? Are you okay? Do you want me to send you to the clinic? Yes?! Omo!" the guys stammered.

I landed my eyes on......him.

"Joonmyun sunbaenim." I muttered.

The guy frowned. "Are you really okay? Answer me!" he panicked.

I tried to stand up, but failed miserably.

It freaking hurts. Ouch.

But the pain subsided when I felt a hand hold mine. I looked at it and let out a soft gasp.

"Come on, let's get you to the clinic. Can you walk?" he asked me as I stood up.

I nodded. "Uh, y-yeah. I can walk. I think." I whispered the last part.

I took a step forward and pain suddenly shot through my back. I yelped out in pain, catching his attention.

"Okay, you can't walk. I'm gonna have to carry you to the clinic." he sighed and went in front of me, his back facing me.

"Come on. It's okay. It's my fault, anyways." he chuckled.

I sighed and finally gave in.

There's no harm in that, right?

 

I never knew just what a smile was worth.

I ate my lunch with my non-existent friends. Pretty lonely, since my 'friends' don't talk.  I have no one. I am no one. Lonely, unpretty in the eyes of people. Scared, that I might get bullied. But there is no way I could stop them.

My mom once told me that I am pretty. That's what she told me. Did I agree with her? No.

Maybe that's why I don't have friends.

I want to have a friend.

A true friend.

I shook my head, shoo-ing the thoughts off of my head. I feel so negative.

"Hi!"

I looked up, shocked to see him. Again.

"Uh, annyeonhaseyo, sunbaenim." I bowed to him. He chuckled, sitting across me before patting my head. "You kid. You don't have to be so formal to me. Call me oppa." he nodded.

I fidgeted. Oppa?

"Try it. Don't worry. I don't mind, anyways. You're my friend now, right?" he smiled.

I looked at him, shocked. I'm his......friend?

"So, friends?" he extended his hand to me.

Should...I?

Probably not. Who knows, maybe he's just messing with me.

"You don't want to be friends with me?" he asked, pouting.

I sighed and took a hold of his hand, shaking it.

He grinned. His smile made me smile back.

It made me smile. For the very first time.

 

And your eyes say everything, without a single word.

"Sungmi-ah!" Someone shouted.

I turned around and bowed to him. "Joonmyun oppa." I waved.

He furrowed his brows. "How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to bow to me. I'm a friend, remember?" he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

There he is again. He's doing it again.

"Hey, hey. Why are you so quiet? Did I do something wrong?" he asked. I shook my head.

Not really, you just made my heart flutter, that's all.

"Why are you so quiet, then?" he asked, completely ignoring the stares we were receiving.

The words that I wanted to say, I couldn't get them out. I'm scared. "Maybe because I'm tired, oppa. I stayed up until midnight." I told him.

He clicked his tongue. "You responsible little girl. You don't have to do that. Or else I'll tell Eommonim." he warned.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Oppa, you're worse than my own mother." I told him.

He pinched my nose and smiled. "Because you're my cute little angel, you kid. I don't want you to get sick. So from now on, I'll call you every night. And after every call, you have to sleep. Got it?" he asked.

I sighed and nodded, giving in. There is no way I'm going to win against him. "Fine, oppa." I told him, looking straight at his eyes.

Warmth. Happiness. Home.

His eyes.... they make me forget anything.

"Yah, you're spacing out again. Oh, we're here!" he pointed out to my house.

I smiled at him and bowed. "Thank you oppa, for sending me home." I told him.

He frowned. "What did I tell you, just a while ago?" he pulled me into a hug and planted a kiss on my forehead. "I'll fetch you tomorrow, okay?" he patted my head.

I scoffed. "You act like a boyfriend, oppa." I rolled my eyes.

He smiled. "Well, do you want me to be your boyfriend?" he asked.

I froze and turned to him. "What did you say?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "I was just kidding, Sungmi. Go on. Eommonim's waiting for you." he nodded at my mother, who was waving at him. He waved back.

I nodded and went in.

"I saw that, Sungmi. He looked so in love." Eomma squealed.

I crossed my arms at her. "Eomma, he doesn't like me. He's just a friend." I told her, sitting beside my father . "Where's Jihae?" I asked them, looking for my little sister.

Appa smirked. "Well, his actions don't agree with you." he looked at me, ignoring the question I just asked them.

I sighed. "You, too?!" I exclaimed.

They chuckled.

I shook my head.

Aigoo. This is confusing

 

If I could freeze some moments in my mind.

"Sungmi noona?" someone called out. I looked up and smiled. "Oh, Sehun-ah. What's up?" I asked him.

He grinned. "Classes just ended. So Joonmyun hyung asked me to kidnap you." he scratched the back of his head.

I tilted my head. "Kidnap me? Why?" I asked him. Why would oppa ask the kid to do that?

He shrugged. "He didn't tell me why. He wants to talk to you, I guess." he nodded.

I hummed. "Fine. Come on, where is that choding hyung of yours?" I asked him.

"He was inside the library when he asked me. Maybe he's still there." he told me.

I smiled. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go." I told him.

He stopped. "Uh, noona, I think you should go alone. I don't think hyung needs me anymore. He just asked me because he's too shy to ask you himself." he told me.

I frowned. "What?" I scoffed.

He smiled. "Good luck, noona. Oh, and say yes." he told me, walking away.

Huh?!

I shrugged and went to the library, looking for him.

"Sungmi." his voice sang.

I turned around and smiled to him. "Oppa! Why did you call me?" I asked him.

He scratched the back of his head and looked down.

I looked at him, worried. "Yah, oppa. Are you okay? You're red." I told him, grabbing a hold of his hand.

He looked at me and chuckled. "I'm so sorry. I'm just nervous." he shook his head.

I frowned. "Nervous about what?" I asked him. Why would he be nervous?

He did not speak. Okay. So maybe he really is nervous.

I nodded. "It's okay if you won't tell me. Just let me know if there's something I could do that will make you feel much better." I pinched his cheeks. This handsome jerk.

He looked at me and bit his lip. "Saying yes will make me feel better." he blurted out.

I furrowed my brows. "Saying yes to what?" I asked.

"To me asking you to become my girlfriend."

I looked at him, frozen.

He cupped my face, his hands obviously shaking. "Please? I love you so much. I really do. This past few days, I realized I really couldn't spend a day without your amazing self. And we've know each other for almost 3 years. That amount of time was too much for me to handle. Each and every day we spent together, you gave me a reason why I should fall for you." our foreheads touched each other.

I my breath in. This isn't true, is it?

He smiled. "I love you, okay?"

 

Be the second that you touch your lips to mine.

Eventually, I said yes to him.

I love him, too. And that's why I'm still right here, waiting for him. It's our 1st anniversary. And he promised me he'd take me out.

"Where the heck is that guy?" I asked myself, looking at my phone for messages. None.

"Noona!" a tall, tan guy went to me, waving. I noticed he's with a cute girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter