Inspiration

Muse

(I apologize for this because it's not very good at all T__T and how to end? I can't seem to make a proper ending at all... So I hope you guys like it, but I won't be offended if you don't!!! Comments and constructive criticism are appreciated!!! ~ xoxo)

 

It wasn't easy dating an artist, and this was something Kyungsoo had learned quite fast when he had begun to date Jongin. Jongin was picky, and always knew when Kyungsoo had used something of his. Even if it had just been a pen to quickly jot down a note he would always know. Jongin spent ungodly amounts of hours awake to work on a single piece of art work going without food, and would even go without water if it wasn't for Kyungsoo bringing a cup to his lips and forcing him to drink. Jongin was moody, jumping between being hyper or being grumpy and there never seemed to be an in between. But Kyungsoo loved Jongin non-the less, learning how to deal and put up with his crazy antics or difficult moods. Even when Jongin would argue with him about how "no Hyung it's not just red it's crimson." and all Kyungsoo could do was agree (even if he had not the slightest idea of what the difference between red and crimson was - they looked the same!) and then kiss Jongin (effectively shutting him up) until the younger had him pinned against a table or a wall or the floor or (if Kyungsoo was lucky) the bed.

But there was one thing Kyungsoo disliked and couldn't seem to get over and it was Jongins muse. At first Jongins muse would be something inanimate that he would draw and try to redesign, which wasn't so bad. But as time passed the muses began to turn into real people Jongin had met. The people were nice enough, always aquatinting themselves with Kyungsoo he had even made some new friends, but it still bugged him. He blamed this mostly on the fact that Jongin had never even thought to consider him his muse (he had asked Jongin once if he could be a muse and Jongin had just shrugged him off). He and Jongin had been together for 2 years now, even having begun living together after the first year, but Jongin wouldn't take Kyungsoo as his muse.

Jongins new muse of late was a tall lanky boy with rainbow coloured hair named Sehun. The two had met at a park that Jongin would take Kyungsoo to for picnic dates (he liked going there to draw the wild life). It was Sehun's rainbow hair that had attracted Jongins attention, but the two had clicked (a lot better than Kyungsoo would have liked) and Sehun had soon become a regular to the house and Jongins studio (which was basically a spare room in their house).

"Jongin I'm going to work now. I'll see you later okay?" Kyungsoo called as he knocked gently against the large wooden door that lead to the art studio. No response came and Kyungsoo could only think that Jongin had yet again stayed up all night to pain or draw something. As quietly as he could Kyungsoo pushed open the heavy door and entered the studio. Glancing around the room he took in, yet another, painting of Sehun's and all his rainbow haired glory. Kyungsoo made a face at the painting before moving slowly to the back of the studio where Jongin had made a makeshift bed to crash on when he stayed up too late or too early. As he approached he couldn't help but smile at the sight before him. Jongin lay splayed out on the bed eyes close and face peaceful. His tanned collar bone was on display due to the lack of shirt. Jongins chest rose and fell slowly with even breaths as he slept. Jongin was beautiful when he slept, a mix of innocence and pure temptation. Kyungsoo leaned down, intending to steal a kiss from Jongins soft, full and slightly parted lips, when he noticed something that made his smile drop completely. Sunk down almost below the top of the covers was strands of rainbow hair.

Kyungsoo slowly stood up frowning at the sight below. Sehun had never stayed the night before, always going home no matter what the hour. Kyungsoo turned to leave when his eyes fell upon a pile clothes lying in a corner, and if Kyungsoo was remembering correctly it was the cloths Sehun had been wearing when he came over and Jongins shirt. With a gasp Kyungsoo stepped back, knocking into the canvas that held the picture of Sehun clattering to the ground. Both boys in the bed awoke with a start but Kyungsoo was too mad to care. "Hyung? Is that you?" He heard a sleepy Jongin call out to him. He looked up to see both Sehun and Jongin sit up, both in nothing but their boxers. Kyungsoo his heel, not even wanting to talk or stay around the two younger boys any longer, and marched out of the studio and out of the house before breaking into a run.

"I always thought those two were too close for being just friends or muses or whatever the heck they are." Kyungsoo whined to his best friend and co-worker. "I just don't understand Joonmyun. Why would he cheat?" Kyungsoo asked as he placed his head on top of the cool counter. Kyungsoo worked in a cafe that he co-owned with Joonmyun. "Kyungsoo, do you really know if he cheated or not? I mean this is Jongin we're talking about. He's been in love with you ever since he met you." Joonmyun told him, patting the younger on the back. "Yeah I mean who else would Jongin get any action from?" Came Jongdae's voice, a friend and another co-worker to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo groaned "He has Sehun now apparently." "Kyungsoo stop, you don't know that for sure. I think you're letting jealousy take over and run your thoughts. Go home and talk to Jongin. Figure out what actually happened." Joonmyun, ever the voice of reason, told Kyungsoo as he pried his face up off the counter. "Jongdae will cover your shift," this earned a loud and disapproving groan from said boy "so go home and talk to Jongin." Joonmyun instructed.

"Stupid Joonmyun and that stupid smile of his." Kyungsoo grumbled as he made the walk back home. Kyungsoo knew he was at a loss when Joonmyun had basically ordered him to go home with that smile of his that nobody could say no to. "Stupid. I don't want to talk to stupid Jongin or see stupid Sehun. This is so stupid." Kyungsoo continued I mutter as he approached the house. With a defeated sigh he opened the front door and stepped inside. The house was as how he had left it no lights on except on the kitchen. "Oh, Hyung you're home early." Kyungsoo turned to find Jongin standing in the kitchen door way holding a mug, of what Kyungsoo could only assume was coffee, and clad in nothing but his boxers. "I thought you were working at the cafe today?" Jongin continued as he sipped his coffee. "I was." Was Kyungsoo short reply. "Oh? Well then why are you home? You were only gone for an hour." Jongin questioned. Ignoring Jongins question Kyungsoo asked what was really on his mind "Jongin where's Sehun?" "Sehun? Oh he went home. He had some errands to run but he'll be back later. I have this new idea of how I want to draw him. I can't seem to get his hair right and I really want to draw his whole body..." Kyungsoo tuned out the rest of whatever Jongin was saying. How could he be so nonchalant and act as if nothing had even happened? "I'm tired I think I'm going to go rest." Kyungsoo grumbled as he pushed past Jongin. "Are you not feeling well Hyung?" Jongin asked as he trailed behind Kyungsoo following him to the bedroom. "No Jongin I'm not. So please just go away." Jongin nodded and stepped back allowing for Kyungsoo to go to the bedroom alone.

"He acts as if nothing is wrong. Like he doesn't know what's going on or that there's something wrong." Kyungsoo whined to Jongdae and Joonmyun about a week later "It's like we go through this routine every day, he acts normal and I'm on edge and Sehun is just there, he's always freaking there. Jongin just doesn't seem to get that I'm not okay." "Maybe because he actually doesn't realize there is something wrong. Did you guys talk at all this week about it?" Joonmyun questioned. "Um, well we have talked..." Kyungsoo trailed off looking sheepish "But not about what happened right?" Joonmyun finished. "You know Kyungsoo maybe he doesn't realize there's something wrong because he doesn't know. You won't talk him; you've taken so many extra shifts this week that you barely go home. It's not good. You really need to talk to him or else you're going to lose him." Joonmyun told him with a punted stare. "Ha, as if. He barely notices I'm not home. He never comes to bed anymore, hasn't for almost a month now since he met Sehun, I doubt he even notice when I'm gone." Kyungsoo grumbles. "You know you're like a jealous teenaged girl. It's almost disgusting." Came Jongdae's oh so helpful advice. "Shut up Jongdae." Kyungsoo growled. "He has a point though Kyungsoo. You're so jealous that you're letting it fuel your anger." Joonmyun cut in. "But I caught them in bed together! Don't you think I have a right to be mad? And he spends all his time with the kid! I’m allowed to be somewhat jealous!" Kyungsoo cried out loudly, loud enough to even startling a few customers. "In all honesty you never actually caught them doing anything together. But have you ever thought to just tell him how you feel?" Jongdae asked and at this Kyungsoo looked up. "Well no..." He answered trailing off. "Then stop acting dumb, go home right now, and talk to him." Jongdae instructed earning a nod of approval from Joonmyun. "Alright," Kyungsoo sighed as he took of the work apron and moved around the counter. "I'll go talk to him."

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo called as he entered the house. He immediately headed for the art studio only to find it empty. "Jongin are you home?" Kyungsoo called once again as he made his way through the house. Laughter erupted from down the hall and Kyungsoo followed it. He turned into the living room to find Jongin and Sehun (fully clothed this time) sitting on the couch watching cartoons and eating popcorn. "Jongin." Kyungsoo called, grabbing the attention of both boys. "Hyung! You're home!" Jongin called out, giving Kyungsoo one of his heart warming smiles. "Um, Jongin can we talk for a second?" Kyungsoo asked, feeling all confidence he had before slowly deep out of his body. "Yeah sure Hyung." Jongin said as he got up off the couch and made his way over to Kyungsoo. "What's up?" Jongin asked as soon as he had stepped out into the hallway with Kyungsoo. "I wanted to talk about why I've been avoiding you all week." Kyungsoo told him. "I thought you were avoiding me because you were on your period." "Jongin I'm a guy I don't have a period." "Could have fooled me." Kyungsoo felt anger begin to boil beneath his skin as he took a few deep breaths to calm himself. "Jongin I'm being serious here. I want to talk about what I saw at the beginning of the week between you and Sehun." "Between me and Sehun? What? What are you talking about?" Jongin questioned, seeming thoroughly confused. "You and Sehun were sleeping together in the bed you keep in your studio. And neither of you were wearing clothes!" Kyungsoo pointed out, trying to keep his voice from growing in volume. Jongin laughed, this just seemed to frustrate Kyungsoo more. "You're so cute when you're jealous. But there's nothing going on between me and Sehun. It was really late or super early, however you want to look at it, and I told him to just stay because there was no point in going home. We both sleep in boxers, and I promise you nothing happened." Jongin told Kyungsoo, a huge smile gracing his lips. "Yeah Kyungsoo-hyung I promise that nothing happened between me and Jongin." Sehun's voice came from out of nowhere startling Kyungsoo. "See? Nothing happened! You're so cute when you're jealous." Jongin said again while laughing, pinching Kyungsoo's cheeks.

Instead of feeling relieved that nothing was going on Kyungsoo felt his anger grow as the two younger boys laughed at him. "I'm not jealous!" He cried out defensively. "Of course not Hyung." Jongin said between fits of laughter, Sehun raised a hand to cover the large smile on his face. "It's not funny! This has been bothering me all week! It's why I come home late and not talk to you! I may be jealous but it's not something to laugh at!" Kyungsoo screamed. "Hyung, Sehun's my muse, there's nothing to be jealous about." Jongin told him, all laughter ceasing. "But that's just it Jongin he's your muse. You spend all your time with him! All you do is draw pictures of him! All you ever talk about is him and his stupid rainbow hair! It's always him! Why is it never me? You're in a relationship with me!" Kyungsoo screamed, finally letting out what was truly bothering him. "Am I not good enough to be your muse? Am I too ugly? Too plain? Do you not love me? Do you love Sehun now?" Kyungsoo continued to yell, shocking both boys into silence. "Kyungsoo hyung..." Jongin began only to be cut off. "I-I think I should go." Came Sehun's voice, sounding strained. Kyungsoo and Jongin both turned to look at the boy. "No Sehun..." Jongin began again only to be cut off "No Sehun stay, you're Jongins muse after all. I'll leave." Kyungsoo said as he turned and headed down the hall way and to the bedroom.

Not 5 minutes later as Kyungsoo packed a suitcase came Jongin. "I thought you were leaving hyung." He said. "I am Jongin. I'm packing my things and then I'll be going and you can do whatever the hell you like with Sehun." Kyungsoo said voice oddly calm. "Hyung I think you're over-reacting to things. I'm sorry I laughed if that's what you're mad about..." "Just be quiet Jongin. You get to spend more time with your 'muse'. It's not like you ever cared anyways. You never came to bed, you never asked how I was, and you spent all your time with Sehun. I'm jealous Jongin and I'm mad. So yes I'm going to ing over react but damnit I feel I have a ing right too!" Kyungsoo screamed as he whirled around to face Jongin. Jongin stared at Kyungsoo mouth opening and closing as if he wanted to say something but couldn't find the right words. "You know what I'm just done." Kyungsoo stated as he slammed his half full suitcase closed. "I'm done." And withy hat Kyungsoo took his suitcase and marched out of the room. "Hyung wait you're not actually leaving are you?" Jongin asked as he trailed after Kyungsoo, past a bewildered Sehun. "Yes I am. I told you I'm done. I'm tired of being second to your stupid art and you muse. I'm tired of feeling the way I am. I'm tired of everything. So yes I'm leaving." Kyungsoo told him as he reached the front door. "Hyung please you're overreacting. Don't leave." Jongin pleaded, grabbing Kyungsoo's arm and trying to pull him back. "And I'm so ing tired of everyone telling me I'm overreacting and that I'm jealous. Because you know what so what if I am? I have a ing right to be because of everything going on. Now let me go Jongin." Kyungsoo hissed, something in his tone must have gotten to Jongin because the boy let go of his arm and only watched as Kyungsoo opened the front door and left. The sound of the soft click of the door resonating throughout the house.

"He's here again." Jongdae said as he walked into the back kitchen of the cafe. Kyungsoo sighed but made no move to go see the 'he' Jongdae was referring too. "And he has some rainbow haired kid with him too." Jongdae continued, and Kyungsoo tensed at this. It had been almost a week since Kyungsoo had walked out on Jongin, and said boy hadn't failed to come to the cafe everyday asking to talk to Kyungsoo (prompting Kyungsoo to take up refuge in the back kitchen as the pastry chef for the week). "He wants to talk to you Kyungsoo." Joonmyun told him as he followed Jongdae into the kitchen. "I don't want to talk to him. And I can't believe he brought Sehun here too." Kyungsoo said as he pulled out a fresh batch of cookies to be sold. "You mean the rainbow haired kid is Sehun? No wonder Jongin picked him I mean, other than the rainbow hair, the kid is nice on the eyes." Jongdae commented. "Jongdae!" Joonmyun cried as he hit the latter on the head, hard. "The hell was that for?" Jongdae whined as he clutched his head. "Because you're an idiot." Joonmyun replied as he turned to face a deflated looking Kyungsoo. "Ignore Jongdae he's an with no filter. But Kyungsoo I really think you should go talk to him. He looks like a mess, and frankly it's scaring the other customers." Joonmyun told Kyungsoo. "But I don't want to. I'm not ready yet." Kyungsoo mumbled a he placed cookies on a cooling sheet.

In truth Kyungsoo was afraid to face Jongin after the way he had acted. He knew he had overreacted, but he felt that at the time it was how he should have acted, but now all he felt was embarrassment and slight anger. He knew Jongin probably wasn't doing so well, but neither was he. He had been staying at Joonmyun's house for the week and if it wasn't for Joonmyun forcing him he wouldn't even be coming into work, opting to stay at home and cry his eyes out instead. "Kyungsoo you can't avoid him forever you know. You need to talk to him and work this out. It'll be good for both of you." Joonmyun said, shooting Kyungsoo a pointed look. "But I don't want too..." Kyungsoo whined. "You sound like a bratty 5 year old. But I agree with Joonmyun hyung. You should talk to him or else he's ping to keep coming back and scaring our customers and you're going to keep moping like a heartbroken teenaged girl." Jongdae threw in before he exited the kitchen. "He's right you know. Now go talk to him. I'll take over in the kitchen and Jongdae can pull two shifts," said person letting out a loud groan from outside the kitchen "now go talk to Jongin." Joonmyun ordered as he gently pushed Kyungsoo out of the kitchen.

Kyungsoo stood outside the kitchen staring at Jongin who sat across from Sehun at a small booth in the corner of the cafe. Jongdae wasn't kidding when he said Jongin looked like a mess. The younger was paler than normal, his hair greasy and unwashed, his clothes were the same as the day when Kyungsoo had walked out, and evident bags were under his eyes. "Good luck. You can do it. Now go work things out." Jongdae whispered comfortingly, patting Kyungsoo on the back before turning to take some orders. Kyungsoo nodded before slowly making his way over to Jongin and Sehun. Both boys were so into their own little world that they didn't notice Kyungsoo approaching till the older cleared his throat. "Hyung?" Jongin said, it coming out as a question, as he stared up at Kyungsoo in shock. Sehun was no different looking up at Kyungsoo as if he was seeing a ghost. Kyungsoo stood in front of the gaping boys not knowing what to say or do. "Um... Hi... Jongin can we.... Can we talk?" Kyungsoo finally asked, breaking the awkward silence that had settled around the boys among the buzz of the cafe. "Of course hyung." Jongin replied immediately. "But not here. Somewhere less crowded." Kyungsoo said as he turned and began walking out of the cafe, hoping Jongin would follow after him.

Kyungsoo lead Jongin to a small park, luckily desolate of anyone else, where they could talk. When Kyungsoo turned to finally face Jongin he was surprised to see Sehun had followed them too. "Hyung wait before you get upset let me just apologize. I'm sorry for everything. I didn't mean to make you jealous of mine and Jongin's relationship. If I had known I swear I would have handled things differently. I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to and see but please Kyungsoo hyung, please accept my apology." Sehun rushed to say when he saw how Kyungsoo tensed when he had taken notice of the younger. Kyungsoo stood staring at the younger boy for a while before nodding his head in response. This seemed to be enough for the younger who smiled before bidding himself goodbye. Now it was only Kyungsoo and Jongin left.

"You look like ." Kyungsoo said after a while, breaking the silence that had descended upon the two of them. "I feel like it too." Jongin replied with a half-smile. "Hyung, I'm sorry..." Jongin began only to be cut off. "No Jongin I'm sorry. I really am. I should have talked to you instead of assuming things. I'm sorry Jongin." Kyungsoo told him unable to meet Jongin's gaze. Kyungsoo flinched when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist, only to relax when he felt himself being pulled into Jongin's chest. "It's okay Kyungsoo hyung. But I need to apologize too. I never realized how my actions were making you feel. And I'm sorry I should have paid more attention to you. And hyung I’m sorry about the whole muse thing. But hyung could never be my muse..." At this Kyungsoo pulled back to give Jongin a hurt look. Jongin just smiled and pulled Kyungsoo back into him. "You could never be my muse because you're so much more than that. You're my inspiration, my life, my everything. And without you I can do anything." Jongin confessed, pressing a light kiss to the crown of Kyungsoo's head. “You’re really cheesy Jongin.” Kyungsoo joked, but he couldn’t deny that Jongin’s words had set off a flurry of butterflies in his stomach and possibly made his heart skip a beat or two. “But you love me.” Jongin countered playfully. Kyungsoo smiled as the two of them went back and forth with their banter acting as if nothing had happened over the past week. “I do Jongin. I really do love you I mean,” Kyungsoo stated “And Jongin I’m really sorry. I know I said it already but I just really want you to know how sorry I am. I did overreact you were right and I’m…” Kyungsoo never got to finish his sentence as warm lips pressed against his own in a kiss (effectively shutting him up). Kyungsoo pulled away from Jongin’s kiss first, the need for air taking over, panting harshly as he smiled up at the younger. “No more apologising hyung. Let’s just go home. It’s not the same without you. I need you.” Jongin confessed as he leaned down and captured Kyungsoo’s lips in a heated and needy kiss. “I love you Kyungsoo hyung. I need you more than you could possibly ever need me.” Jongin whispered against Kyungsoo’s lips. “Now come on hyung let’s go home.”

“Kyungsoo! You’re back!” Joonmyun exclaimed as Kyungsoo walked into the café and headed over to the counter. Kyungsoo had taken the week off of work to spend time with Jongin to officially work things out and make up for lost time (because he had really missed Jongin over the week he had been gone, even if it had only been a week). “I’m surprised you can still walk. Not even a limp going on over there. You either have great stamina or Jongin actually let you top.” Jongdae chimed in, earning himself a whack on the head from Joonmyun. “How are things with you and Jongin?” Joonmyun asked, ignoring Jongdae’s whines of pain and complaints about work abuse. “It’s been going a lot better. We’ve been talking…” “I bet there wasn’t much talking going on between all the fu… THE HELL HYUNG!” Jongdae cut in only to earn himself another whack to the head from Joonmyun. “As I was saying, before Jongdae oh so rudely interrupted, me and Jongin have been talking a lot this week and working things out. He hasn’t been in his art studio all week which is something to say for him. Sehun even came over one day to talk and apologize. He’s not so bad I guess.” Kyungsoo explained. “Well I’m glad things are being worked out between you two. Now are you going to come back here and help us?” Joonmyun asked. Kyungsoo just smiled “Nope I still have a couple more days off. I’m here to pick up some coffee and cookies for me and Jongin.” Kyungsoo told them as he pointed towards the door where Jongin stood waiting for his boyfriend. Jongdae groaned as Joonmyun just smiled and started getting Kyungsoo’s order ready.

“Here you go Kyungsoo.” Joonmyun said he handed Kyungsoo a bag filled with cookies and a tray with two cups of coffee. Kyungsoo said his thanks as he paid then turned and walked towards Jongin, the younger smiling and holding open the door for the older. There were still some things the couple had to work through, but Kyungsoo knew they could do it. He also knew the path ahead for their relationship would be rocky, because dating an artist was not easy. But he loved Jongin and the younger loved him so he had no doubt in his mind when things came up later on they could handle it. “You’re my inspiration. I love you.” Jongin would tell him every day, never failing to remind Kyungsoo of this. And it was because of this Kyungsoo was certain that even though things may get crazy or misunderstandings may occur, the two of them could work through anything.