Different Feels.

Rose's Thorns

 

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

After taking a short nap, Ahra walked downstairs with her swollen eyes. She cursed herself for crying over Myungsoo and Byul but her heart couldn’t lie, she’s hurt and she’s not strong enough to handle it all by herself. Even though she still doesn’t know how to handle it and how to be strong, she’s still pretending to be the strongest Ahra.

 

“Have you eaten yet?” Mrs. Oh greeted her while chopping the vegetables in the kitchen. Ahra didn’t answer her and walked straight to the living room, approaching Sehun who’s sitting comfortably while eating chips. Ahra sat down beside him and took the chip from him but Sehun slapped her fingers.

“I don’t share!” Sehun scolded her then hugging his precious chips. Ahra just pouted, crossing her arms above her chest and looked at the TV. Sehun’s watching a sitcom and he’s laughing by himself while eating the chips. The show didn’t even amuse Ahra and she just looks at it with straight expression.

 

“Sehunnie, pick Yoonhun up from Jongin’s house, it’s the time for him to eat.” Mrs. Oh commanded from the kitchen. Yoonhun loves to stick with Jongin when he’s bored with Sehun, like he has two older brother who loves him.

Sehun rolled his eyes lazily, “I’m watching TV mom, I don’t want to.” He refused.

“It’s not like Jongin’s house is far away from ours, Sehunnie. Go pick Yoonhun up or no dinner for you!”

 

Sehun looked at Ahra with a vicious smile, “I will give you this chip if you want to pick Yoonhun up for me.” He said, making Ahra rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Gosh, you’re brave enough to commanding me? Just for that almost empty chips pack? No.” she refused, looking back to the TV.

But Sehun won’t give up that easily, he went closer to her and whispering something, “I have two more packs of these chips in my room and you can have one.”

“Ugh, if I have money, I will buy you tons of chips and you’ll regret that you had made me to agree about this today.” Ahra stood up and walked outside, towards Jongin’s house.

 

Ahra pressed the bell several times before Mrs. Kim opened the door and smiled at her. Mrs. Kim has fair skin, big eyes and she has wrinkles in her nose when she smiles. “Hello, so, you’re Cha Ahra?” Mrs. Kim greeted her, Ahra just nodded and smiled to her. “Come in, I’ve heard a lot about you.”

 

Ahra didn’t talk much to her, she’s too afraid to reach older people first because she doesn’t know how to act nice towards them, if she’s still the old Cha Ahra, she would care less. “I’ve baked a pie, do you want some?”

“No, it’s okay. I’m here to pick Yoonhun up because it’s his time to eat.” Ahra finally spoke, Mrs. Kim made an ‘O’ face and put down the baked pie.

“Yoonhun is still sleeping with Jongin. Just wake him up, Jongin’s room is upstairs with blue door.” Mrs. Kim said, pointing to the blue door which is viewable from downstairs.

 

With a heavy heart Ahra walked straight to the blue door and just standing in front of it. Ahra opened the door and so suddenly her heart beats fast seeing Jongin and Yoonhun sleeping while hugging each other. It’s so touching scene where she’s very envious of Yoonhun, she never had a sibling nor someone who hug her when she’s sleeping. For her, Jongin is very different from usual, he’s like a baby, it’s so cute for seeing this kind of Jongin. Ahra smiled, watching the two boys sleeping but then suddenly she remembered something, something that she always heard when she’s with Jongin.

 

“And then you will meet that one person, and your life is changed forever”

 

The Ahjumma’s words.

 

Jongin woke up and the first thing he saw was Ahra standing in front of him, he knows that Ahra is in her little world because she doesn’t even move a little. Jongin smiled but then he’s back to his bratty face. “I’m sorry but I don’t need a plumber here.” Jongin said, making Ahra gasped and back to the real world.

She’s blaming herself for admiring Jongin’s face. Ahra looked away, making a fake cough. “I want to fetch Yoonhun, it’s getting dark.” She said without looking at Jongin.

“But he’s still sleeping, unless you want to carry him.” Jongin answered with his poker face, he doesn’t know why he loves to tease Ahra in every way, making her get pissed and he will be the happiest person in the world.

“What? No! Just wake him up, he has feet!”

 

Jongin didn’t give a to Ahra and back to sleep or he’s just pretending to sleep. The girl walked towards the bed and trying to reach Yoonhun, because she doesn’t used to stick with the kids, she doesn’t know how to wake them without hurting them. Jongin didn’t really close his eyes, he’s watching Ahra who’s still confused on how to wake Yoonhun up.

 

“Always making me tired.” Jongin stood up then carrying the sleeping Yoonhun off the bed. He walked out from the room with Ahra following him behind, he smiled secretly, always happy when Ahra got pissed because of him. Ahra and Jongin stopped in front of the door, he looked at her but she’s still standing behind him with no idea.

 

“Do you want me to break my arms? Yoonhun is really heavy!”

Ahra didn’t know what to do and what did he meant, “Hah? What?”

“Open the door, idiot.” Jongin pointed the door with his head and Ahra quickly made an ‘O’ face then opened the door for him.

“Oh my God! Yoonhun!” Mrs. Oh approached Jongin and took Yoonhun from his arms. “I’m sorry for making you tired, his habit is kind of unique, falling asleep in your house.” She patted Yoonhun’s back lovingly while carrying him. It’s a little mental breakdown for Ahra, she misses her mom, she misses being carried by her mom as she fell asleep in her arms.

Jongin smiled to her and rubbed his back neck. “It’s okay, I’m happy because Yoonhun has been just like my younger brother, he’s so cute.”

“I’m so relief,” Mrs. Oh patted Jongin’s fluffy hair, he’s smiling shyly towards her and looked down to the floor. “thank you, let’s eat before you back.”

“I’d glad to but I have to eat dinner with my mom, after work, my dad is going to fetch my sister in the airport so he wouldn’t be able to eat dinner at home.” Ahra who’s sitting on the couch with Sehun just looking at Jongin and Mrs. Oh.

 

“Oh, he has a sister. I bet his sister is pretty just like their mom and her attitude is nice unlike that jerk.” she said as she took a chip from Sehun’s hand. Once again, Sehun slapped her fingers, signaling the chips is belong to him. “Why? You said it’s mine after I pick him up!”

Sehun looked back to the TV while hugging his chips, Ahra rolled her eyes angrily, trying to get the chips. “It’s mine, you brat!” but Sehun’s too strong for her and she ended up watching TV without eating anything.

 

Mrs. Oh sat on the couch beside Ahra and gave her a pack of chips, Ahra jumped in joy then mocking the careless Sehun beside her. “Thank you aunty!”

“You two seemed close already.” Mrs. Oh said after sipping her tea.

Ahra ripped the pack then looked at her curiously. “Who?”

“Jongin and you, I never know Jongin would be so friendly towards girl.”

Ahra tch-ed, rolling her eyes. “Friendly? He’s such a jerk.”

“Jongin sometimes reminding me of young Cha Chisoo.” Mrs. Oh said, this caught Sehun’s attention, he stopped looking at the TV and started to hear his mom’s story. “You too, Ahra. Sometimes I feel like you’re the new born Cha Chisoo with the same attitude. Cha Chisoo loves to break the rules, he’s stubborn and he doesn’t want to hear another people’s thoughts, and the funny thing is he doesn’t like when his clothes rumpled, he’s so neat boy.”

“Uncle Chisoo did it in the past?” Sehun asked and her mom nodded as she smiled at her son.

“But the real Cha Chisoo is, he’s kind and lovely when it comes to someone that he loves. Cha Chisoo was so popular back then because he’s rich and handsome, he’s the real flower boy.” Her aunty sips the tea one more time then looked at Ahra with a warm smile. “and I think you and Jongin have similar personality and it’s perfect to be together.”

“What?! No. Don’t say weird thing, aunty. I don’t like him and I will never like him.”

 

They talked about everything, almost everything about the past but it didn’t even move Ahra’s heart to be better and nicer. She might need a time or she might need someone on her side to change her.

The next morning was very touching for Mr. Oh, it’s father’s day and everybody hugging each other. A very touching moment for a father and for Ahra, she misses her dad and she is never celebrating father’s day with him.

 

Mathematics never goes well with Ahra, she’s tired, hungry and she’s sleepy. The teacher was talking about how X+Y=Z and how James bought 60 watermelons and nobody ask him what’s wrong with him. Jongin and Sehun don’t like it either, they’d rather sleep in class or playing with their phone secretly. Mathematics never goes well with anybody. When the bell rang, they woke up from their sleep and their little world, running outside to the cafeteria, feeding their hungry stomach. Ahra doesn’t even make a friend yet in her second day school and she doesn’t care about it, for her living alone is not a problem rather than mingle with the peasants.

 

She sat down on the chair in the cafeteria with an empty table, she doesn’t have any appetite, she doesn’t want to eat anything, she just wants her old perfect life back.

 

From the distance, Jongin is watching her. “Why she never eats, huh?” Jongin talked to himself, his friends stopped from eating and looking at him with curios face.

“She didn’t eat since last night, as always. Do you care about her?” Sehun asked him while taking a spoonful of his mashed potatoes.

Jongin rolled his eyes, sipping his apple juice. “No, I don’t.”

“Seems like the never care about everything finally care about something, yay!” Jongdae and Zitao jumped in joy, teasing Jongin.

“No, I don’t care about her, I just.. I don’t like to see her, seeing her gloomy face.”

 

Jongin stood up, walking straight towards Ahra’s table then dragged her to his table. Ahra protested, want to let go of him but he’s too strong and forced to sit in front of him. The friends looked at her in shock face except Sehun. Jongin gave his plate of untouched spaghetti but Ahra just gave him a weird look.

 

“Do you want me to eat this? No. Big-fat-no!”

“I told you to eat this!” Jongin yelled to her but still, she doesn’t even touch the food. Sehun just took a really deep breath for their fight, he hates to see someone pick a fight with Ahra because they will never win against her. “I’m watching you, don’t dare to leave this table before you finish it!”

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

author's notes; Subscribe+upvote for this story and leave your comment here, I really need your opinion to continue my story, it gives me a boost tbh. and happy fasting month to our moeslim readers :-]