Talk.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

“Ahra, Sehun! Come on, quickly! Did you re-check the stationery? Pencils? Eraser? Pen? The test card? Everything is complete, right?”

Sehun and Ahra just nodded as they ate the breakfast. Today is the college entrance exam day and the mother seemed busier than the kids whom will take the test. Since last night, Mrs. Oh didn’t stop preparing everything for them in the morning. It’s not a fault because today is the big day which will decide their future. 

Sehun sent the application to different university with Ahra and Jongin, he chose English Literature major because Daeeun chose Fashion School, she wanted to be a famous fashion designer. For Sehun, if they couldn’t study at the same university, at least when they’re working in the future and Daeeun has to work overseas, he can move with her and find a job there because he knows english. Sehun really doesn’t want to be separated from his girlfriend.

The condition in Jongin’s house wasn’t that different, Taeyeon and their mom prepared everything for Jongin. Meanwhile the kid seemed doesn’t care about everything. The truth was Jongin waited for this day, he felt what the other kids felt. But Jongin is Jongin, he doesn’t like to spend his energy for unimportant thing and even it’s important, he still doesn’t want to care.

After finished preparing, Sehun, Ahra and Jongin went to school. Sehun’s dad drove Sehun and Ahra meanwhile Jongin’s dad drove Jongin. There’s no parent who didn’t want to see their child to be success, right?

“Hi.” Jongin tucked his hands on his pocket, smiled warmly to his girlfriend. “Are you ready?”

Ahra just nodded and smiled. She’s very nervous and even her move couldn’t hid it all. Ahra really really wanted to be the student in that university, she wanted to show to everyone who hates her, to all the reporters who always looked down at her and to her dad. She wanted to show to her dad that she could do something right, that she’s still worthy to be her daughter. The Cha Ahra wanted to make her dad proud of her, just that.

All students sat in their chair, after studying all night long, now they just prayed and worked hard. When the teacher gave them the paper, almost all of them gasped when they saw the questions there. Ahra answered the questions slowly but sure, she thought it’s hard but she tried to answer it all. She tried to remember all the formulas and the words that she had red last night.

“10 minutes left!”

“!” Ahra quickly opened the page with the question which she hasn’t answered. She could answered almost all question but she wasn’t sure if the answer was right or wrong. At least she tried and prayed.

 

“Come on.” Jongin held Ahra’s hand that’s still pushing things inside her bag.

“Wait, where are we going?”

“Let me buy you something delicious, for your present.”

“Present?” she asked curiously but Jongin didn’t answer, they walked hand in hand to the nearest Italian restaurant. “How did you know?”

“Is there a thing that I don’t know about you?” Jongin said as he smiled and patted Ahra’s head lovingly. Last night when Ahra fell asleep in the car, Jongin took her phone from her hand and accidentally opened a note on Ahra’s phone. She wrote almost everything there and Jongin knew it all now.

Ahra wrote how she hated people who always posted bad things about her in the internet. Ahra wrote how she hated her dad because he didn’t give her the permission to date Myungsoo. Ahra wrote how she hated her driver because he always followed her around. Ahra wrote how she hated it when Myungsoo didn’t reply to her message. Ahra wrote how she loved Myungsoo. Ahra wrote how she hated to be the headlines new in almost every magazine just because she ran away from home. Ahra wrote how she hated everyone. Ahra wrote how she wanted to be a normal teen and not the rich, daughter of minister teen.

Jongin just red it all and he knew her past…but then he found his name on her note, finally.

Ahra wrote how she hated the world because her dad had to be in the jail. Ahra wrote how she sad because she was going to be poor. Ahra wrote how she hated the world in thrice. Ahra wrote how she hated to live with her aunt’s family. Ahra wrote how she hated the different Sehun. Ahra wrote how she hated to met Jongin. Ahra wrote how she hated Jongin five times. Ahra wrote how she hated her new school. Ahra wrote how she hated Myungsoo and Byul. Ahra wrote how she sad because of Myungsoo and Byul. Ahra wrote how she hated Jongin again.

And Jongin smiled when he found one note…

Ahra wrote how she finally loved Jongin and she doesn’t want to lose him. The last note she wrote was, how she wanted to eat in an Italian Restaurant that she used to eat back then but she doesn’t have money right now. Despite her cocky attitude and her cold gaze, she’s still the childish Ahra in the heart that needs a lot of love from people around her. That’s why Jongin brought her to this restaurant.

“Just order everything you want, my treat.”

“What? Really?” Ahra jumped in joy and quickly ordered foods and beverages that she wanted to eat since a long time. Jongin loved to see her smile and that’s just the only wish from Jongin, to see her smiling every day. “You know, this restaurant is the best in this city a.k.a my favorite, how did you know about that? Did you just guess it? Wow, amazing!”she talked nonstop with full of pasta.

“Don’t talk with full mouth, Ahra.” Jongin wiped the sauce in the tip of her lips and it made her heart fluttered. They dated, they fought, they got back and everything that Jongin did to her never fail to made her heart flutters.

They loved each other, but will their love last long? Nobody knows.

“Can I ask something?”

Ahra gulped her drink, “What is that?”

“Your motivation to be accepted in Myung In university, it’s not because Myungsoo, right?”

She laughed and it made Jongin confused. He asked in serious tone and he didn’t find it funny at all by Ahra suddenly laughed at him. “Jongin, listen to me. He is a student in another university and if my motivation is to chase him, I’d sent the application to his university and not Myung In, with you.”

“Oh.” He answered shortly and looked to the side. He’s too afraid to lose her; he’s too afraid what if Ahra fall in love with Myungsoo again?

“Thank you for today.” Ahra hugged him tightly and Jongin hugged her back. He her hair lovingly, rested his chin in the top of her head. “It’s not because the pasta, it’s because… it’s…”

“What?”

“Because you’re so sweet today, because today I felt like you just showed the real you in front of me. Because today I realized that I didn’t choose the wrong guy to be my boyfriend. I like you, so much.”

He couldn’t help but smiled and kissed her temple. His kiss move to her lips, Ahra circled her arms in his neck and moved her body closer to him. They didn’t mind about kissing in the dark road because for them, the world will be always bright when they have each other on their side.

***

 

“We had investigated all of your former workers but none of them know where Kang Jin Sung is, but we will work harder, Mr. Cha.”

“Thank you, Lawyer Kim. Seemed I have to stay in this place much longer, right?” Cha Chi Soo laughed painfully. Day by day, he became thinner and his skin became so much pale than before. Chi Soo were over thinking about his daughter and not about himself. He seemed didn’t care if he had to stay in jail, he just care about his daughter. He knew that his daughter isn’t that kind of friendly kid. He knew that Ahra took the exam and he prayed all day and night just for the result.

Chi Soo knew well his daughter isn’t that kind of smart and diligent kid but he knew when Ahra did something that she doesn’t like, it meant she really wanted to do it even thought she doesn’t like it. It’s a big surprise how Ahra wanted to take the exam meanwhile in her old school, she rarely attends the class and now suddenly she took the exam. Chisoo was happy, of course, and he knew who’s the person who gave Ahra the magic.

“Thanks to your son, Lawyer Kim.”

“Jongin? What did he do, Mr. Cha?”

“I don’t know but every time Ahra visited me, I knew it that she changed a lot from the way she talked. She changed a lot than you know, Lawyer Kim, and I think it’s because your son.” Cha Chi Soo smiled proudly when his daughter face suddenly appeared on his mind, “I’m so ashamed to talk about this to you but I think your son did a good job to Ahra, he controlled Ahra, unlike me. She’s my only one treasure yet I couldn’t make her be a better girl, but your awesome son could.”

“I think Jongin changed a lot, too.” Mr. Kim closed the map in front of him and placed it aside, “Since his sister became a member of Girls’ Generation, we couldn’t control Jongin. He did everything that he wanted to. He never cares about anything, but now he has someone to protect and it’s your lovely daughter, Mr. Kim. I can see that warm gaze again from his eyes even thought he didn’t change in every way but Jongin these days was better.”

Cha Chi Soo nodded proudly, “And please tell your son to take care of my daughter, please protect her. My daughter is weak despite her appearance. Her heart is weak, she doesn’t have a mom since she was 5 and it made her very weak. I think the one who made her stronger is your son, Mr. Kim.” 

28k6flk.jpg

Mind to give me some votes, comments and subscribes?