Under The Rain.

Rose's Thorns

“Don’t go, I like you.” He whispered softly like a beautiful lullaby in Ahra’s ears. She can’t believe Jongin just confessed to her, like it’s just a dream that she doesn’t want to wake up.

Ahra pushed Jongin by his chest, “If –if you are going to tease me again, please, get lost, Kim Jongin.” She hides her red cheeks and looked to the side. Ahra’s heart skipped a bit when Jongin confessed to her but in the same time, she’s afraid of him, of his words, because since people around her left and made her cry every day, she has a big trust issues towards people. She wants to believe Jongin and start a new day with him yet she’s too afraid to trust another people.

“I knew it, you wouldn’t believe me.” Jongin shrugged a little, disappointment painted all over his face. “But it’s a guy’s job to confess first before someone else confessed to you.”

“But, I –“

Jongin moved closer to her, rubbing his nose to hers. “I don’t need an answer from you, yet. I think I will be crazy if I keep this feeling alone forever, that’s why, and I want you to know what I feel.” Ahra closed her eyes as Jongin tilted his head aside; their lips were almost touched when someone opened the door.

 

“Oh? You are here?” Jongin’s dad said as he arrived in the living room with the awkward Jongin and Ahra. They’re pretending that nothing happened between them just now. “Good timing, I have something to talk about.” He sat on the couch as he loosened his dark blue tie.

“Yes, Mr.?”

“Your dad,” he coughed. “we have to collect more proofs, and we have to find your dad’s friend who ran away with your money. We are working on it and we are trying our best, really. You have to be patient, lawsuit isn’t an easy thing to handle, and your dad’s case is kind of… difficult. The government has found a new economy minister and all of your dad’s company in Korea has down. The investors took all of their investment on your dad’s company because of this case and the stocks… it’s hopeless.”

Ahra sighed, tried to be strong even though it’s hard for her, “I got it, Mr. Thank you for your hard work.”

 

After a little chit chat with Mr. Kim and Jongin, Ahra walked back to home soullessly. Her expectation of her dad being free soon is just dream. Luckily, Jongin’s family is kind and she owes them a big time for that.

Including Jongin.

Without her knowing, if it isn’t because Jongin, his dad wouldn’t know that Ahra’s dad needed a lawyer. If it isn’t because Jongin, nobody would protect Ahra as he does. If it isn’t because Jongin, Ahra wouldn’t change, at all. The more Jongin changed her by the littlest thing, the more Ahra’s scars healed by him.

Because in life, you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you and some will teach you. But the ones who are truly important are the ones who bring out the best in you. They are the rare and amazing people who remind you why life is worth it.

And Kim Jongin was fated to be in love with her and changed her in every way. Rome wasn’t built in a day, that’s why he’s still trying and trying to make Ahra to be the better person.

Jongin isn’t a good person either but as the time goes, Kim Jongin and Cha Ahra changed because of their feeling, little by little.

 

And now, they’re walking in the park, watching the moonlight.

“Why do you help me?” Ahra asked without looking at him.

Jongin shrugged, “Because I like you.” He answered casually.

“Why do you like me?”

“I don’t know, it’s unreasonable. It’s… weird.”

Ahra inhaled deeply, hugging herself. “Do you… do you need my answer?”

“Not yet.” Jongin shook his head slowly. He looked at Ahra’s beautiful side profile and smiled, “I will ask when you’re ready.”

“Did you still remember about my three wishes? I just used one of it. I want to use the second wish, please?” she begged, finally looking at him.

“What is that?”

“Please come to your sister’s Japan Tour. You’re important for her, please?”

“All right then.” He agreed about the wish. Actually, it isn’t all about Ahra’s wish. He wanted to go to his sister’s concert but he’s too ashamed to admit that he wanted to come. But thanks to Ahra’s wish, now, Jongin has a ‘fake’ reason to come to the concert. “I will leave in two days for the concert.”

*

 

“Ahra,” said the girl who’s still wearing her uniform. She stood exactly in front of the school gate, waiting for someone coming out from the school. “I need to talk, please.”

Ahra looked at Jongin like she’s waiting for his permission to leave Byul again or no; but Jongin nodded and her hair lovingly, “You can go home by yourself, right? If something went wrong, call me.” He smiled and left Ahra and Byul there.

 

They didn’t talk, she doesn’t even look at Byul. Both of them has the same feeling of longing and hurt in the same time. They hold back the tears that want to come out; with the teary eyes, they still didn’t talk to each other.

 

“So, that’s your new boyfriend? He looked nice… and loved you so much.” Byul finally break the silent. School is already quite and the sky is getting dark. The students are already leaving the school right after the bell of preparation class rang, and now, Ahra and Byul are still in their position.

“Hurry up tell me what do you want.” Ahra said coldly without looking at her. “I don’t have a time for your little chit chat.”

“I am sorry,” Byul cried, “sorry… I know I was wrong, very wrong… and I know I don’t have a heart at that time to think about your heart. I am selfish, and evil.” She looked down and covered her face. “but after I saw Myungsoo’s tears, I realized that I’m worse than him. Even Myungsoo could cry in his dream and said that he loved you.” She stopped for a while, took a one deep breath and wiped her tears. “Say that I’m the biggest liar if I lied to you about this. I didn’t come to hurt you again; I came to apologize to you and I… I have decided that I will break up with Myungsoo, soon. I know this is late, so damn late, but I’m thankful to God that finally he opened my heart.”

Ahra didn’t answer her but she’s crying. She cried without a sound, covering with her palm. She knows she’s selfish if she doesn’t accept the apologize from someone who’s trying to be better. But it’s not that easy to forget about what had she done to her. Both of them were crying, and the situation was getting worse.

“You know,” Ahra smiled in between her tears, “I’ve forgiving you even before you’re apologizing to me, but,” she inhaled deeply, “this heart isn’t easy to forget that all. Forgiving you and Myungsoo is easy, but forgetting it and pretending like there’s nothing happened between us isn’t easy. You know, Byul… how much I was crying if I remembered about how we spent our time together since we’re just a kid, how we always share the story, how you and always together when it’s sad or happy.” Ahra wiped her tears. She’s trying to be the strong Ahra but she’s always failed. Her weak body is always lose. “I don’t have many friends but I have you who’s the must trustworthy friend for me. I even let Myungsoo fetched, you when you were fought with your dad and wanted to leave your home… but it was my biggest mistake, you broke it all since the first time. You played with him, with my boyfriend, behind my back. Since the very time you and Myungsoo have a plan to push me off your life, right?”

 

Byul’s crying, she’s regretting about it all. Even though tears and regrets will never help, at all. She was never expecting that it will be like this. She thought if this will happened later, Myungsoo would choose her over Ahra. But no, Myungsoo just realized that Ahra is his house. He played with many girls, he’s sleeping with many girl and even Ahra’s bestfriend. He thought Ahra is just one of them, but no; how far Myungsoo left, he would longing for the same girl, one and the only one Cha Ahra. He needed a long time to be aware of his own heart. Like an aphorism; you will never know about how someone is worth for you until they left.

And it all like stabbed his heart, he missed Ahra, he wanted Ahra to back, but he knew that Ahra is already hated him. Even though Ahra is still loved Myungsoo, but it’s not that easy for her to let him back. For now until… until… she doesn’t even know when, she doesn’t want to trust another people, yet.

Besfriend of his dad is even ran away with their money and made Cha Chi Soo in court right now, making Ahra and her dad’s life is difficult. Ahra’s bestfriend and her boyfriend played behind her back for all this time.

 

“Ahra, please, I’m begging…” Byul begged, bowed in front of her while crying.

“I’ve told you that I will forgive you but for forgetting that all, I need a time.” And she walked away, leaving Byul there.

 

Ahra looked at the road through the bus’ window with her mellow eyes, holding her tears. Rain is wetting the tree, road, peoples and the bus’ window. The rain is becoming heavy, making her realized that she didn’t bring an umbrella with her. Actually, she never brings one. She ran out of the bus with her palm covering the tip of her head. But Ahra stopped when she saw someone in the end of the road, holding an umbrella in his hand, smiling like fool.

 

“I’ve told, if something went wrong, call me! You didn’t even bring your umbrella, stupid! Do you want to catch a cold, huh?” Jongin shouted from the end of the road and walked closer to her. He protects Ahra under the umbrella and embraced her in his arms. “Come on, it’s getting late.” He said, half whispering.

 

But Ahra didn’t walk, she hugged Jongin and cried in between his hug, wetting his Jacket with her tears. “Did I do something wrong? My life is hard these days but I feel like peoples are loved to adding more and more problems to my life.” She sobbed, still in Jongin’s warm hug.

Jongin is still hugging her and kissed the tip of her head, “You didn’t do something wrong. Stop crying, you know I hated it when I saw someone crying in front of, especially you.” The hug is getting tighter, and warmer.

 

And even they didn’t have an umbrella which is protecting them from the rain, they wouldn’t feel cold because… Ahra and Jongin are completing each other.

***