01

Cowards

All lights were off, strong wind was blowing the trees in any way, a warm tight blanket was around Yuri while she held a cup of hot chocolate, cold shivers were running down her spine and legs. Outside, the tears of an angel collapsed loudly on the ground from the sky, this random thread called lighting dropped down to earth and shred the sky in half before disappearing for a moment again.

Yuri jumped up as she heard a desperate cry of thunder that sounded like a lion who was roaring. She cursed when she looked down at the blanket on her lap and saw drops of hot chocolate on it. She stood up throwing the blanket on the couch where she sat and placed the cup on the coffee table in front of her. She walked to the bathroom with shaky legs and hands. The one thing that Yuri Kwon hated was thunderstorm.

She walked inside of the bathroom and splashed cold water on her paled face. She looked up at the mirror with stern eyes. “You’re fine.” She lied to herself while nodding, but her calm look faded away as another thunder boomed. She quickly ran inside of her room with a face that had panic written all over it. “Chanyeol. I need to call Chanyeol.” She told herself as she grabbed her phone and dialed her best friend’s number.

“Yuri, you better have some cookies if you’re calling me at this time. It’s freaking 3am..” Chanyeol without a greeting picked the phone up and groaned. Of course Chanyeol would be sleeping already. He always made fun of storms and tried convincing Yuri that it’s only a stronger rain. “Chanyeol..” suddenly tears streamed down her cheeks and Chanyeol heard her trembling voice. “Are you okay?” he asked starting to get worried.

“Chanyeol, I’m scared.. You know how much I hate—“ “Yuri!” she was shocked when Chanyeol suddenly shouted. “Yuri, speak! Are you okay?!”a frank worry was hearable over the phone. “Chanyeol, do you hear me?” Yuri asked, but received no answer. She looked at her phone’s screen and sighed with another sob after she saw that there was no signal. She then simply hung up.

Slowly, while holding onto the railings of the stairs she made her way back to the couch downstairs. She lay down on the couch on her stomach and grabbed the hem of the blanket underneath her. She wiggled it out under her body and covered herself  with it. She placed her hands from the sides of her head and covered her ears with them. She could still hear the sound of the thunder, but not that loudly when she started imagining Chanyeol’s face.

A wide, white grin appeared in front of her as she trembled. “Chanyeol why aren’t you here.?” She asked as her nails started digging into her temples. “I’m here, aren’t I?” the Chanyeol with a grin asked and she nodded into the couch while biting her lower lips and closing her red, puffy eyes from crying. She suddenly kicked her legs up in the air with another sound of the lighting and thunder outside.

She stood up with wide eyes as she heard the cup of her hot chocolate crash. She looked down and gritted her teeth as she saw the whole drink on the table and the floor. “I’m so stupid..” she started cursing herself for being scared of something like this, this was just vibrations causing the sound, she learned that in school. “Just a stronger rain.. Just a stronger rain.” She faked Chanyeol’s crazy laugh as she started picking the broken parts of the cup. But then her head shot to the right as she heard the knocking on the door.

The knocking was so loud and it didn’t stop for about a minute. It went well with the thunder that was outside. “Damn it, Yuri! If you won’t open this door, I will kick it down!” her brows rose as Chanyeol’s angry voice warned her. She without thinking dropped the broken parts of the cup back on the coffee table and ran to the door. “Chanyeol.” She stared at him after she unlocked the door.

“You idiot..” he panted as she held onto the doorway with his right hand while the other one was on his hip bone. He tilted his head to the side with a stern look on his face and locked eyes with her. She looked at his drenched clothes before speaking up.“How come you’re---“ she broke off as a full of fear scream escaped her lips and faded into a sob, because of the bright lighting that crossed the sky outisde right in front of her and right behind Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shivered as Yuri’s cold hand touched behind his neck and pulled him inside of the house. She slammed the door shut and leaned onto it, holding onto her head and pulling her hair down. Her body slowly slid down the door and her bottom plopped on the floor. “I’m pathetic..” she said as Chanyeol stared at the broken girl, crying in her own arms on the floor. “No you’re not..” Chanyeol sighed as he squatted down next to her.

“You’re adorable..” he cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears away. “You’re not pathetic.. I am, I should have known that you will be scared.” He bitterly chuckled as he took her hand and brought her up to stand with him. “I’d give you a hug, but I’m all wet.” He told her and she wiped her runny nose with the back of her hand while chuckling a bit. “Ay.. that’s disgusting..” he tried making her feel better as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

“Come with me..” she tugged onto his hand to drag him upstairs to her room. She while still holding his hand, opened her closet with her free one and took out a pile of clothes. “You left it the last time you stayed over..” she said and he smiled softly taking it in his own free hand. He led her to the bed and sat her down. “I will just go change.” He whispered not wanting to talk louder and tried pulling his hand away, but Yuri held tightly on it.

He chuckled as he ruffled her hair and looked her in the eyes. “Fine, cover your eyes then..” He told her and she nodded quickly, letting his hand go.. She knew that she will be calm as long as he’s going to be inside of the room with her so she just covered her eyes with the blanket that was on her bed. “Okay, I’m changing now.” Chanyeol announced and she blushed at the thought of him removing his clothes.  Slowly the blanket went a little bit down and she bit her lip.

“You’re peaking.” Chanyeol smirked as he turned to her and noticed her curious eyes that suddenly widened and hid behind the blanket again. Chanyeol’s low, husky chuckle filled the room and brought a smile to her. “You can look now.” Chanyeol told her after being done changing and she did so. “I wasn’t peaking by the way..” she rolled her eyes and pressed her lips together. “Sure.” He patted her head and she pouted. “I was only observing.” She poked his cheek and took his hand again.

Both of them walked downstairs to the living room and Chanyeol raised a brow as he saw the mess next to the couch. “Did you karate the cup?” he asked as she pursed her lips and started cleaning up. Not wanting to let her hand go, Chanyeol helped and soon they were done. The storm didn’t stop though, they decided to just stay downstairs on the couch. “So what now?” Yuri asked as she sat on the couch with him.

Chanyeol was to speak, but ended up once again chuckled as he heard her whimper after she saw the lighting. “Come here, you..” he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his body, crashing his chest still gently on her back. “You’re such a coward.” He whispered as he placed his lips on her shoulder and kissed it for a couple of seconds. “I know.” Yuri frowned and turned around so she’d be able to face him.

“How did you know that I needed you here?” she asked him and he smiled. “You called, but suddenly hung up after calling my name, I panicked, okay? I saw the storm outside and I just realized you might have wanted to be with me. Good thing I live next door.” He said and pouted while looking down at the floor. “I really wanted to be with you actually.” He whispered, but she was still able to hear him. “Why? You’re not scared of the strong rain.” She grinned as he turned to her.

“I just wanted to make you feel safe.” He told her and she smiled. She wrapped her arms around him tightly and placed her cheek on his chest. “Why are you friends with such a coward, oh big superman, Chanyeol?” she asked as she looked up and he looked down, letting their both eyes lock. “Because you’re amazing.” He suddenly spoke with all the emotions that was kept hidden for a while.

“What?” she backed away and looked at him, totally taken aback. “You’re beautiful, wonderful girl that I liked for the past two years, but wasn’t able to confess, because I’m the one who is the coward between us, Yuri..” he said and she could see tears b in the corners of her eyes. “Chanyeol, I—“ she squealed, because of another thunder and jumped closer to him, pressing her face back on his chest.

She felt how hesitant his hands were when they went on her back and it so she’d calm down. She placed her hands on his chest and pulled away once again. “Chanyeol—“ now it was Chanyeol that didn’t let her finish as he placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her into a kiss. Time stood still as their lips moved together sweetly making her forget how scared she was just a moment ago.

He slowly, not really willingly pulled his lips away as his hand from the back of her head went on her cheek and his forehead landed gently on hers.  “You’re just amazing.” He repeating himself again and smiled. She looked down as he took her hands in his. “And I want you to be mine.” He said as her eyes shot up at his. “All your flaws, mistakes, giggles and smiles.. All of it, I want it to be mine.” He pecked her lips again as she didn’t protest.

Their forehead separated as Yuri pulled away and smiled softly at him. “We’re both idiots, you know?” she chuckled bitterly and he got confused. “I was yours since the day I met you during a storm, Chanyeol. Since then you were the only one that was able to comfort me during one.” She told him and he smiled with a little bit disbelief. “Usually patience is my enemy, but I waited for you..” she said as she placed her hands on the sides of his head.

“I waited to hear those words from you, for so freaking long.” She closed her eyes and slowly brushed her lips over his. He teased the corner of , gently, making her wish for just a little more. But when he took into his, all the sweetness was gone. It was replaced by burning fire. If Yuri‘s parents would get back home from their work trip sooner, they would think that the giant was eating their daughter up.

“I can’t believe I’m kissing you..” Chanyeol laughed quietly as they both pulled away. Yuri as well let out a little laugh before smiling at him genuinely. “I can’t believe you’re kissing me too.” She said as she rested her back next to him and he wrapped his arms around her, kissing behind her ear and going down to her neck. “I’m your man.” He whispered and his hot breath hit her collar bone.

She giggled while bending her legs and turned her head to the side, giving him another passionate kiss. “I’m your woman.” She replied to him and he gave her a smile full of love. She then took a deep breath of bliss and sat back. “Hey, Chanyeol?” she grinned when she thought about something and he raised a brow. “What is it?” he leaned over her shoulder and looked at her extremely happy face.

“You look a lot like my current boyfriend.” She told him with another happy giggle and he repaid her with another kiss. The new couple sat in comfortable silence together on the couch, enjoying each other’s body warmth. Chanyeol would sometimes squeeze Yuri tighter as she would whimper because of the thunder or just because if he wanted to do that. But for sure that night.. he didn’t let her go.

 


So, do you know why it's "Cowards" now? Hehe ^^ I hope you liked this.

Oh, in comments you can tell me with who you want me to write a one-shot.