Prologue

Moonlit café: Asian Fuse

 

                                              

 

 

“ Welcome to Moonlit Café!” said a girl with ash brown curls that stops at her waist.

 

“I am Kana and I will be your maid for today, please allow me to you to your table.”  She said in a cheerful sing-song voice.

 

I followed her lead as I deliberately scrutinized the whole area. It wasn’t the typical café you’ve seen every day, the place could pass a club due to the heavy beat of the music coming from the large amplifiers and the dimly lit area. People were dancing in the middle of the dance floor; most of them were adolescent—probably high school or college students.  They really thought through this before they made this place, I thought. We had arrived to my table and the maid handed me the menu as I sat down on the chair.

 

“I think I'll have your [1]Chocolate Decadence please.” I said with a small smile plastered on my lips.

 

“An excellent choice, would you like to pair it with a drink?”

 

“Ah, yes please. An espresso would be nice.”

 

“Please excuse me while I’ll bring back your order.” She bowed her head and scurried off to place my order in line.

 

As I waited for the maid—which she said her name was Kana—to arrive with my delicacy, a sudden crash with a matching female shrill seized my attention.  I pried to see what the fuss was all about.

 

Two tables behind me, a distressed looking maid was [2] flabbergasted. She had some pink, foamy stuff—my guess would be strawberry pie—on her uniform. Everyone started to laugh at the whole incident, even the ones that were dancing. To make it simple, it was downright embarrassing.

 

Before the mortified maid could strangle the life out of the edgy customers, Kana appeared looking remorseful and apologized to them.

 

I glanced at the perpetrators and carefully examined their guise, and to my amusement they were no other than Korea’s beloved idols: B1A4’s Jin Young and Big Bang’s G-Dragon.

 

Now this is an affair I wouldn’t forget. I thought to myself sitting back down on the chair. A minute later, Kana arrived with my delicacies and started apologizing.

 

“I am terribly sorry for the recent situation.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, because of that incident I think I’ll come and visit Moonlit Café more often.” I said with a smirk spreading across my lips.

 

“Thank you for the kind understanding!” she again bowed repeatedly and expressed her gratitude before leaving me with my privacy.



 

 

[1] A kind of a chocolate cake made with dark chocolate.

[2] Shocked, dumbfounded or stunned. Just so you know.