Chapter 12

Secrets and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two years since Yesung and Dara came out publicly with their relationship. Many people were surprised that the two had been secretly dating. But many people were also happy for the two of them because their relationship had survived amidst some opposition from the fans. And as they celebrated their third year anniversary as a couple, many people particularly their close friends wished them to be together for more years.

As for Donghae, things had not been easy for him especially after Yesung admitted their relationship in public. Right after the broadcast of Yesung’s press release, he went to her house and waited for her to come out. It had been raining hard that day but he had waited for her to come out. And after three hours under the rain she finally came outside and faced him.

“Marry me. Let’s run away and let’s forget about the world.” He kneeled unto his feet with a ring in hand.

“Please. Pleas say yes?”  he pleaded as he sobbed.

Dara seeing him plead, also fell onto her feet, faced him and held his face. Tears started to stream from her eyes. She hugged him and said “Please stop this. This isn’t you. This isn’t Hae that I know.” She pitied him and it hurts her that they have to be in that situation. He was hurting. She was hurting, too.

“Just give me a chance and I’ll make everything right. I promise you, this time I’ll make it right.” He was still sobbing.

“Things have changed, Hae. It’s time for every one of us to move on. I know you’ll get through it. Just like I did”

“I know that deep in your heart, you still love me. I know there’s still that love and no matter how small or how little it is I know you feel for me too. I felt it. I know you came to my house right after Yesung and I fought because you were concerned. And when we shared that night together I realized that I still love you and I know that you loved me too. And don’t you dare say that there were just two bodies in there and that we did it for the sake of just doing it. We did it out of passion. I love you and I know you love me too. Why can’t it be that simple?”

“Everything has changed Hae. We can’t go back to the way we were. I’m sorry” Her tears were slowly being washed away by the rain. She got up and walked towards their door.

Donghae was left under the heavy pouring rain. As his sob became louder, his heart was slowly breaking. Staying under the rain and waiting for her was nothing compared to what he was feeling right at that moment. He stayed there for another hour and when he was ready to go home, he looked at her door once again for the last time. He went home and drank himself to sleep. His drunken days lasted for a week but he felt it was not enough. Maybe it won’t be enough as long as she was with someone else while  he was left with nothing but a broken heart. He asked his manager and the management for a time off, a month or two maybe. His manager knew and understood his situation so he covered up for him when the management asked about the reason for Donghae’s unplanned vacation. That vacation was Donghae’s way of mourning for his wrecked heart.

When Donghae returned back to Korea, he resumed his activities as part of Suju. He and Yesung had remained civil after that fateful incident. All of the members knew about it but decided that it was better not to get into their ways and to let cool things off. They knew it was just a challenge to their group and to their friendship.

Many things had happened in two years. Many things have changed and many people have coped up with the changes. And as the cliché goes “Change is the only permanent thing in the world.” And it was and will always be, indeed.

Dara and Yesung’s relationship was jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter