Talk That

Goodbye

The sound of windchimes flew past the warm atmosphere of the coffee shop, signalling another customer. It was Autumn, and the streets were dotted with red, yellow, brown and orange leaves fallen from trees.

Hye Rin was so engrossed in her book that she didn’t acknowledge a man sitting down in front of her.

 “Ahem.” He cleared his throat, which almost sent Hye Rin’s book flying out of her hand. She looked up to see who scared the lights out of her, and she had to bit back a gasp.

"Kim Him Chan!?" She mentally yelled. "Of all the people in the world that can sit here in the cafe in front of me, it just HAS TO BE Kim Him Chan?" She sighed mentally again, and unwillingly retorted,

 “Was that necessary?” 

 “Not even a nice greeting? You are so rude.” Him Chan shook his head, taking a sip of his Iced Americano. “Seemed like all these years didn’t really change you.”

“Not a lot can change in four years and five months, you didn't change a lot too, jerk…” She muttered sarcastically, and going back to read her book, completely ignoring him.

“Hey. Are you acknowledging that someone is sitting in front of you?” He said, waving his hand in front of her eyes.

 “Do I see a person? No, not really. I just see a large, thickheaded and egotistical dirtball sitting in front of me. And I don’t really need to talk a dirtball for the moment.” Hye Rin shrugged, her eyes never leaving the book.

His eyes lit up with a slight spark of anger. He inhaled and exhaled again, trying to contain his anger. He gritted his teeth. 

“Haha. That was funny.” Him Chan replied with no hint of humor whatsoever. “So, how have you been? Have you heard that we've been doing promotions and how girls are swooning over me like how you used to be? And we're planning our comeback? Life’s just so great now.” He boasted and smirked.

 “If you’re trying to make me jealous, it’s not working.” She sighed at his self-centered and childish ways.

“How about you then? You must’ve finished college. What are you doing for a living? Are you a high school janitor? Or are you a car repairwoman? You know, both of these would really suit you.” His smirk had gotten wider.

 “I’m doing neither. I’m a journalist.” Hye Rin replied curtly.

“Which newspaper? I bet it’s the ones that are given out in the streets for free, since the writing are so bad, or it could be the ones with the lowest credibility…” He trailed off, how he loved to see her cheeks redden when she gets angry.

Hye Rin resisted the urge to pour her cup of Cafe Latte to his perfectly sculpted face.

“I work in South Korean Times.” She rolled her eyes. “But of course, you would care less about newspaper because you are so caught up with fame and being a thick headed jerkface.”

“You really like holding grudges, do you? Seriously, if you weren’t like that all the time, I wouldn’t have dumped you in front of the school.” He sighed again.

 “You didn’t just break up with me, you practically-“ Hye Rin breathed in to retort.

 “Humiliated me in front of the school. You left me with no social life, and the usual load of crap you lecture me about every time we bring this topic to light. It’s getting really annoying. And I don’t easily get annoyed.” He cut her off, shaking his head.

 “Yeah, right.” She snapped back, voice dripping with sarcasm.

 “Why can’t you be nice for like a minute?” He asked, exasperated.

 “Oh, my sincerest apologies, but I just don’t like to be nice to egotistical and self-centered men who think the world revolves around them.” She said, her voice rising a bit.

“I’m certainly not the type of guy you are talking about!” He replied, hint of anger in his voice.

“You certainly are!” She exclaimed. “You don’t care about anyone but yourself! You are possessive! You are rude!”

 “You don’t really know me do you?” He sighed, fiddling with his straw.

“I know you well enough to know that you might me the worst boyfriend that any other girl can wish for.” She snapped back.

 “I’m…I’m sorry?” He said in mock anger. “You said I’m the worst boyfriend ever? Have you ever thought that sometimes, it’s not entirely my fault that led to that day?” He defended himself.

“Even if it’s my fault, you are the trigger to all of this humiliation!” Hye Rin’s voice was raised.  People started to look at the two of them.  He sighed again.

“You should probably calm down.” He slightly hissed. "I would hate to end this with the paps posting this online. I have a reputation to maintain."

"Ugh. You are in disguise." Hye Rin rolled her eyes.

"People can still recognise me." He retorted, huffing.

"Whatever, narcissist, I'm leaving. Please don't say hi to me when you see me on the street or whatever." Hye Rin stuffed her book into her back pack. "I'm done with all this pain, and I'm so done with you, Kim Him Chan. Goodbye." She stormed out of the cafe.

The wind chimes sounded, and left Him Chan deep in thought. He glanced at the glass window, seeing Hye Rin disappear into the crowds of people, and away from his life...

 

****

Hey Everyone!

So what do you think? Do you want it to stay like this or do you want it to become a story? If so, what kind of story? But all the same hope you enjoyed it, and I'll see you around <3

Lexa~~~ ^^