Hope

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Haejin’s POV

Daehyun pays the taxi fee to the driver and takes out my suitcase from the trunk. I attempted to take it from him but he pulls it away. The taxi drives off as we stand in front of the ever so familiar apartment complex. “Ahh, home sweet home,” he grins as he slugs an arm around my shoulder.

I am so embarrassed. I feel like digging a hole in the ground and stuff my head in and never have to face with anyone ever again.

“Stop dragging your feet, I don’t have the energy to pull you,” Daehyun whines. He’s a great friend despite his annoying personality sometimes; possibly the greatest friend I’ve ever had in my whole life. I want to tell him that but I could never make myself say it.

“Jongup’s angry at me,” I murmur under my breath.

“I am angry at you, too,” Daehyun retorts nonchalantly, “you made us all worried sick, and we’re hella tired. You made us search for you in the middle of the night as if you’re Princess Toadstool or something.”

“Who the heck is Princess Toadstool?”

“Oh, you know, Peach; the princess in the Mario Bros game.”

“I didn’t know you’re a Mexican plumber.”

He gives me a ‘bruh-you-better-not-start-with-me’ face. I smile and he smiles back.

 

 

We enter the house and Haemi welcomes us with a chain of naggings. Junhong just stands there trying to make an upset face with his arms crossed over his broad chest, but he gives me a small smile when Haemi’s not looking. Jongup’s out at the balcony. He sees me and remains rooted there with a tight expression.

I go up to him with heavy, dreaded steps after being nudged to by Daehyun. I shut the sliding door close so it’s only the two of us out here. I continuously chew on the insides of my cheeks, not knowing what to say. “You should go get some rest, Jongup.”

He stares hard at me, lips pressed into a straight line, arms crossed over his built figure. He exhales a long breath.

“I’m sorry,” I mutter, trying to look away from his cold gaze.

“Noona,” he breathes out. Standing slightly taller than me, he takes steps forward to close our distance and wraps his built arms around me. My breath hitches as he hugs me tight, his hair trickling my ear. He pulls me if possibly closer, his palm on the back of my head while the other around my waist. “I really hate you right now,” he mutters lowly, “You made me so worried.”

I feel like slapping myself. How could I have done this to him? I wrap my arms around his waist tightly, “I’m sorry, Jongup, I was so stupid.”

“Yes, you were,” I feel him pout, “don’t do that ever again.”

I pull away, “I promise, I won’t.” Not for the few 19 days, at least.

He holds up his pinky finger. I curl my much smaller ones with his. He smiles – I can’t possibly be gladder. I cup his face, pull him down to my level, and peck his forehead, “Thank you, kiddo. Now go to sleep happy, okay?”

He laughs and nods, “This is so cheesy of us.” He gave me one last quick hug before dragging me by the wrist to enter the house.

“You made up?” Youngjae laughs as he walks into the living room from the kitchen, “That wasn’t very hard.”

Daehyun smacks his back to make him shut up.

Jongup continues to pull me by my wrist until we reach my room. He instructs me to lie down on the bed. I do as told and he places my blanket on top of me. I feel like a baby. “What are you doing?”

He caresses my forehead, pushing my fringe back. His rough hand feels so warm and comforting. “Goodnight, noona,” he adjusts the blanket to my chin level, “I love you – as a brother. I really, really, do care about you,” he smiles and leaves the room before I could respond.

I smile to myself i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter