Heartbreak

Parting Ways


You sat with him, with your head on his shoulder, as you thought about what he had just said. You couldn't control that one little tear that slowly slid down your cheek. He felt, rather than saw it, and he turned to you. He heaved a sigh, and wiped it off before you could. He put his arm around you and asked you not to feel so sad. You really wanted to smack him across the head. You just couldn't believe what he had just said. Your thoughts wandered to the day you had first met. You had gone to meet some of your friends, when you first saw Jonghyun. After an initial bit of awkwardness, the two of you started talking and you found that you had a lot in common. There was something about his presence, which made you feel happy. You just couldn't stop smiling when you were around him. He asked you for your number, and you texted each other all night. You fell asleep with a smile on your face. You used to spend hours talking to him, and you found yourself slowly falling for him. One day,while you were talking to him, he asked you if you would be his girlfriend. You shyly replied that you would. The days passed, and the two of you got really close. You started telling him about your past, because you thought you shouldn't hide anything. You wanted him to know everything about you. Jonghyun showed you the side of him that he never showed anyone else. He told you so many times, that he really loved you, and would never let you go. You felt so happy each time you were with him. You would smile brightly if anyone mentioned his name. You felt so lucky, that he was there with you. Even your friends liked him so much, because of the way he made you feel. The two of you would fight so often, but your fights only brought you closer. There were times, when he was worried about what would happen in the future. You always reassured him, by telling him to live in the moment. No one had ever made you feel the way he did. One day, Jonghyun randomly asked you if you think you both should still be together, because he thought you two were too different. You asked him what he wanted, and he replied that you should stay the way you were. Feeling reassured, you thought nothing of it, and you soon forgot about that incident. A few days later, you went on a date with him, and you noticed that he seemed moody and withdrawn, so you asked him what was wrong. He heaved a deep sigh, and asked you if you wanted the truth, which you did. He looked at the floor, and said 'Jagiya, I hate to say this, but I'm hating myself everyday because of you. I hate the fact that I want to do so much for you, but I can't. I think we should end this relationship right here. Before we become serious about each other, because at that time, it will hurt so much more.' You felt as though he had leant over and just ripped your heart out. You experienced a sudden jolt which brought you back to the present. You looked up, to find him staring at you with so much concern in his eyes. He pulled you into his arms for a hug, and you couldn't control your feelings anymore, you just burst into tears. He wiped your tears away and said, 'Yeobo, please don't make this harder for me. You don't know how much my heart hurts when I see you cry. I want you to be happy. Please try to open your heart to other people who might love you more than I did. Always keep smiling, alright? Ill always love you. ' You stopped crying, and looked at him defiantly and said, 'I don't want anyone else. Why can't you understand that? Its only you, you know. It always was that way, and always will be. I'm ready to wait for you, no matter how long it takes. I'm only yours, Jonghyun. I hope you'd remember that. I love you, and I always will. ' You hugged him for the last time, and you two went your separate ways; but you both secretly knew that you couldn't stay away for each other for too long. There was still hope, you still had faith, that someday he would come back.

*************************************************************************************