Prologue

In An Angel's Wake

 

Sehun felt the soft caress of a pair of lips brushing against his forehead. Wincing in slight pain as he opened his eyes, he blinked a couple of times to adjust to the sudden brightness of his room before smiling at his mother.

“Good morning, sweetheart,” his mother greeted him with a warm smile. She brushed some imaginary lint from the folds of her brightly patterned dress, and tilted her head towards the door. “Your clothes are at the foot of the bed, and Dad has bought some bagels – from the bakery you like – for breakfast.”

“Okay…” Sehun yawned and hauled himself out of bed, pain jolting through his system as aching muscles and sore limbs protested at the movement. “When are we leaving?”

“In about an hour – so you’d better be quick.” Her heels clacked against the bare wooden floor – his rug having already been packed away into one of the removalist’s trucks.

Nodding, Sehun grabbed the simple t-shirt and jeans before heading to the empty bathroom to change. As he undressed, he caught sight of his reflection in the mirror and felt tears prickle at the corners of his eyes. Yellow. Purple. Some were even black. Bruises – the hideous splotches marred his normally pale skin and combined with the lingering scars, served as a clear reminder of why his family were leaving this place; home is supposed to be a place where you can feel safe. This was no longer home.

His body trembled from sheer agony as he struggled to slip the shirt over his head, feeling a sense of relief as his messy brown locks pushed through. The jeans proved to be an even more difficult challenge, but he managed to slide them on – even if he did end up red-faced and panting.

“Baby? Are you alright?” His mother’s concerned voice sounded from down the hall. After one last glance in the mirror, Sehun headed for the kitchen.

“I’m fine.” He really wasn’t.

 

~*~

 

Sehun leaned his head against the cool glass, the concrete jungle he once called home had eventually morphed into grassy meadows and fields of ripe corn. His parent’s soft murmurs from the front seat were slowly lulling him to sleep. He managed to pick out a few words here and there; ‘worried’, ‘school’ and ‘friendly’ but as the temptation of sleep beckoned him from the comforts of his padded seat, he offered no resistance and closed his eyes.

Sehun dreamed of a place where his differences didn’t matter, where he would be safe and happy. Sehun dreamed of home. 

 


A/N: So here's just a brief introduction, mainly to give some background knowledge about Sehun's situation. (I know that it perhaps seems a little vague - but all will be revealed in time!) Don't worry - the chapters will be much longer than this! XD

Anyway, I hope you're all liking this so far ~ comment/subscribe and let me know your thoughts!

With love,

Minspro

xx