Consistency

I'm feeling my Blues

"I hate the color blue." Seungri said with an air about him that suggested that he believed that what he was saying was utterly and most definitely important. In fact, the color blue had never really done anything to the young man in question (and quite honestly, no one really cared about his opinion on the matter at the moment), but the color itself was most definitely intriguing.

Take the current moment, for eve just the most minute of examples. As it was, Daesung and Seunghyun were both wearing a shade of blue somewhere on their beings. Daesung had a blue bandana wrapped around his wrist like a makeshift bracelet of sorts, and Seunghyun had a deep blue snapback on. Neither of these things was necessarily something that could be considered to have been the entire reason why the color blue had become so repulsive to the youngest member of BigBang, but as with most things, there is far more to this than just this exact moment. The only other things in the room that the five members were currently sitting in that could possibly be considered blue were the jeans that Seungri himself was sporting along with the various members of staff and others that were flitting around.

"Why would you say that, Ri?" Youngbae asks, a patient smile on his face to counteract the scowl that Seungri, and everyone else in the vicinity, expected to be on Jiyong's face. In point of fact, Youngbae knew almost precisely why the currently surly young man would say such a thing, and it was a rather deeply rooted issue.

The dark blue candles in the light blue box that had been left outside Seungri's apartment by a mixed up delivery-person had been a particularly unfortunate issue the week before. That reaction had almost nothing on the the veritable explosion that had occurred when Seungri had walked into Jiyong's studio a few days before the candle incident only to find the place stuffed basically to the rafters with balloons and cute stuffed animals in varying colors, a large majority of which were in varying shades of blue. But in asking Seungri this question, Youngbae was not, in point of fact, ignoring these past instances where it was obvious that the man had an aversion to the color; no, he was more secretely hoping that the reason behind the hatred could be sussed out, especially since Seungri had never actually said that he hated the color itself.

"Yeah, Seungri...what's the matter with blue?" Daesung asks, leaning forward slightly with a look on his face that very clearly sad that he was trying to placate Seungri. Jiyong rolls his eyes and huffs out a rather derisive breath before waving his hand in the vague and general direction of Daesung. For his part, Daesung took the dismissal exactly as it was intended and knew exactly what it meant; Don't add more questions, or Seungri will never answer any of them (it was also partly a 'check yourself before you speak' gesture, but Daesung ignored that a bit).

Jiyong doesn't necessarily care for the color blue any more than he cares for any other color, to be honest, he really doesn't have a strong affinity for any color and tends to enjoy them all rather equally. When he first realized that Seungri seemed to have a growing aversion to the color blue, he made sure that it was present in a number of their stage outfits and rathe sneakily added the color into gifts that he procured for the younger man. Jiyong felt that if he over-exposed Seungri to the color in settings that weren't charged with anything then maybe the boy would stop freaking out when he saw it.  That had been about two years before the incident with the balloons and stuffed animals; Jiyong had given up on his attempt rather quickly and now considered it to mostly be a lost cause.

It had taken Youngbae's rather astute, and rather wholly unexpected, insight about a year before to convince Jiyong of the whole 'lost cause' business; normally Jiyong doesn't give up on anything no matter what, unless it was excruciatingly dull to begin with. What Youngbae had noticed, and Jiyong made sure to take note of everytime they were all in a room together, was that both Seunghyun and Daesung seemed to have a strange adoration for the color. Daesung, it could be said, tended to enjoy the color much more than Seunghyun, but it was almost impossible for Daesung to be the only one sporting the color in some way; if Daesung had the color on him in some way, then you could be pretty well-assured that Seunghyun would as well. Jiyong couldn't explain it, and had never really brought it up to either of them, but after Youngbae let slip that little revelation, everything else started to make far more sense.

"Just the thought of it makes me angry." Seungri says, his face settling into a pout and his arms crossing over his chest in stance that was more defensive than anything else. They could all tell, however, that Seungri had been waiting for a rather long time for someone to ask him about it. Daesung leaned in as if to make some sort of reply, but Jyong sent him a warning glance and Youngbae moved a little closer to the younger man, a look of patient concern on his face.

"Why?" Youngbae asks simply, and the pout falls off of Seungri's face and it's clear that he is trying to decide whether or not he should tell the truth or flee from the situation.

The two dark blue candles in the lighter blue box had been intended for Daesung from Seunghyun. The balloons and stuffed animals had mostly been from fans, but a number of the blue ones, on further inspection, had been intended for Daesung and Seughyun; it was obviously their color. Seungri wasn't reacting to just the color blue; he was reacting to the association that he had made between the color and its rather unfortunate and very possibly unintentional connection with Daesung and Seunghyun.

Though, why this whole thing bothered Seungri to such an extent was far from being easy to discern. At first the theories that Jiyong and Youngbae had thrown around had to do with some type of weird hatred or contempt that Seungri might hold for Daesung or Seunghyun...but neither could truly justify those theories as almost daily it was obvious that Seungri was rather far from hating any of them on any really regular basis (tour practices were exempted from this because everyone considered punching Jiyong in the throat during them).

"I...ah...I'd rather not say." Seungri says, darting a glance around Youngbae at Daesung and Seunghyun. Jiyong notices the glance and lets out another loud sigh.

"Alright, come on then guys, we've got to get going." Seunghyun and Youngbae nod, and with a comforting pat to Seungri's shoulders, both get up and head toward the door. Jiyong gets up slowly and slaps Daesung roughly on the back, eliciting a choked laugh from him as he pushes Jiyong's hand away. Seungri receives a slightly less painful slap to the shoulder, and then the three oldest members have left the room and it's just Seungri, Daesung, and the color blue.

Daesung was a rather perceptive being, and as such it had come to his attention rather early on that Seungri had some type of issue with the color. Of course, this realization had eventually turned into the belief that Seungri simply hated him and the color was just the youger man's abstract way of representing his hatred in a more socially accepted form. He hoped that that was not actually the case, because he held a rather marked affection for the younger man, but he couldn't stop himself from feeling that way.

"I mostly just don't like that Seunghyun.." Seungri starts, before his face reddens and he stares down at his hands. Daesung smiles and for the first time since the thought had occured to him about a year and a half before, he lets himself believe that Seungri might just have rather more positive feelings toward him than negative.

"You don't like Seunghyun?!" Daesung says in mock horror, and Seungri looks up swiftly to defend himself, only to notice the smile and swipe his hand in front of Daesung face in a rather lackluster attempt at getting Daesung to move away.

"I didn't say that." Seungri says, and Daesung chuckles lightly and nods. Seungri lets out a rather worldweary sigh before shoving one of Daesung's feet with one of his own. "It's you. It's like he owns you because of the color and I just can't stop thinking that." he says, a little sadly.

Daesung can't help the small victory dance he does inside his head before he responds. "Oh Seungri." he says softly, and Seungri tilts his head just a little to the side and tries not to look as mororse as he feels but it doesn't really work out as well as he hopes. Daesung moves closer and puts a hand on Seungri's chin. "Come on, don't be so blue." Seungri scowls at the reference, which only makes Daesung grin just a little bit wider. " Big Seunghyun most definitely doesn't own me."

It had been a while since any of them had ever actually used that nickname while talking to each other. And the fact that Daesung had, just then, made sure to specify that it was the older Seunghyun who did not have ownership of him that made Seungri's mouth go just a little bit dry. The possible meanings of that specficity were rather endless, and Seungri was struck rather suddenly with the wish to test some of the more...interesting possibilities....