Final

I really hate you, hyung

Youngmin's P.O.V.

[[Wanna listen to music as you read?]]

 

I...

"Hyung, let's play together."

"I'm busy Kwangmin."

I kept rejecting him.

"Hyung, can you help me with my homework?"

"I have to go somewhere, Kwangmin. Ask dad."

He didn't stop.

"Hyung, play with me! I'm bored!"

"I already told you I don't want to play with you!"

I kept on pushing him.

Thought that if I had to hurt him physically, he'd stop bothering me.

He didn't stop.

"Hyung, does dad hate me?"

"Hn? No. I don't think so. Why would he?"

Even as he talks, I couldn't dare look him in the eyes.

"He won't look at me, hyung."

It hit me.

"As if it would hurt his pride to at least look at me when I talk."

I froze.

"Like I'm a monster he's afraid to lay a single eye on."

He continued.

"Hyung, do you hate me too? You and dad... both can't look at me in the eyes."

I glared at him, pretending to be exhausted.

"I'm tired, Kwangmin. I'm going to sleep."

I left him there, standing in the darkness.

We were only 13.

Kwangmin was only 6 when it all began.

His eyes changing colors, his features changing slowly and then going back to normal.

Kwangmin getting sick, without anyone to be there for him. I wanted to be there, but my father always told me to stay away from my brother when he is sick and dying. I thought at first that my father is insane for letting his own son suffer like that, but I was crazier to leave my twin alone like that. However, I was also a kid like him. I was also helpless and clueless about all the situations happening around of me.

All I could do was rely on my father.

But he did nothing.

He only pushed my brother away.

Ever since then, he never looked at Kwangmin as his son.

To him, Kwangmin is nothing.

I didn't know what worse was to come.

Or if something's ever gonna change in our family's atmosphere when our mother came back after leaving us the day before Kwangmin was attacked by a monster. They said we can't stop it from coming. We can't stop Kwangmin from turning.

That when he's 17, if he survives the earlier years of suffering, then nothing can stop the monster from controlling him. I didn't believe it before. I thought things like that only existed in movies or novels.

I saw it with my own eyes.

That monster exists.

Kwangmin was meant to become one of them, and I can't just stop this fate as if I'm God.

"Hyung, I feel so alone."

My brother has always felt being alone. He was friendless. He stopped talking to father and mother.

He only talked to me.

"I only want to talk to you... because sometimes, I see myself when I look at you."

No matter what I do, reject him, push him, hurt him, he would always forgive me.

 

But...

 

When I left him on that torturous night... I doubt he would forgive me.

 

 

I was there.

I was there all the time.

But I was scared too.

I tried to step forward, but I couldn't. I was frozen on that spot, secretly watching as our mother's blood splattered everywhere.

Yet I was only 13.

I felt like someone was suffocating me as I try to catch my breath.

What is happening? I thought.

I watched as my father killed our mother... Stabbed her straight into the heart.

Kwangmin, my little brother, he was right in front of her, holding her close... 

Crying.

I didn't do anything at all.

I just watched my brother's eyes filled with horror as he hugged our murdered mother.

Our mother murdered by our own father.

"N-no," I didn't know what else to say. "Father's gonna kill him too," my father is out of his mind, I couldn't keep watching. Kwangmin will be next. I know it! "D-Do something!" I begged the man with me. The man I met at the gate in school. I don't know why or how, but this man knows me and he had told me to escape and live. The man, Jeongmin, he grabbed my wrist tight, it left a mark after. "Do you want to die? Or do you want to be saved?" I was given two choices.

Two choices.

Die.

Or live on my own, without my brother.

Had Jeongmin expected this to happen?

Who is he?

What is he?

Whatever it is, I didn't care.

"Help," I whispered, trying to keep calm but I couldn't help my tears from falling either. "We need to call the police."

How could I keep calm at a situation like this?

I could collapse anytime.

Or maybe I'm just having a bad nightmare.

If it is a nightmare, why is the scene always the same? Always here, just me watching...

"Leave your brother." Jeongmin said.

Why was he very calm?

I'm going crazy.

I was going crazy. "He's my brother. Why do you expect me to leave my own brother? I need to sa-" but before I could finish my words... Darkness took over me...

I'm sorry, Kwangmin.

 

The rest of the years, I lived with the man who saved me.

The same man who gave me no choice.

The same man who kidnapped me.

Jeongmin.

I still don't know everything.

I still don't understand the whole situation.

Why father murdered my mother?

My brother always crossed my mind.

I keep asking unanswered questions.

"Kwangmin, where are you now?"

"Are you possibly, in heaven with mother?"

"Or did you manage to save yourself?"

"I hope so..."

"I hope you're saved, Kwangmin."

"Hyung is too weak, I'm sorry."

"But, what exactly happened?"

"Why did father kill mother?"

Jeongmin taught me a lot of things. He taught me to forget about the past, my father, mother and especially Kwangmin.

He failed.

He taught me to fight.

That was the only thing he did successfully.

I'm not the best, but I can fight when I want, when I need.

"Kwangmin, did he kill you too?"

I don't know anymore.

It's been almost 5 years. 

If he's alive, where can I find him? Back to our hometown?

No...

I've been there...

The people there, they don't even remember that there was a Jo family in the neighborhood.

 

 

I shook my head when I heard the window break and storm getting stronger.

I hastily stepped forward toward the window when suddenly a large dog... As dark as a raven, attacked me from the window.

I let out a wince as it scratched my forehead; my own blood blurred my left eye vision.

I struggled to stop the dog from attacking me more. It wasn't a normal dog though.

Dark red eyes with three dots.

Eyes that change from dark red to dark charcoal eyes...

Teeth sharper and bigger than a normal dog.

 

 

 

Save me, hyung.

 

 

 

 

That same monster I saw back then.

 

Wake me up.

 

"Kwangmin," I mumbled, losing my grip on the monster in front of me. I saw his eyes. Kwangmin's eyes in this monster. I was clueless of what to do. What is happening? Am I right? Did I hear wrong? Did I see wrong? Am I hallucinating?

 

At a time like this... I just have to believe.

 

"Kwangmin! It's me Youngmin! Your brother! Kwangmin! Wake up!" I shouted.

 

 

 

"Hyung..."

 

 

Kwangmin!

 

It was definitely him! That voice!

I was right! "Kwangmin... Y-you are alive." Tears fell from my eyes. Let go of him, Youngmin. I told myself. But the monster inside him was not giving up... 

Or is it Kwangmin, himself? Does Kwangmin really want to attack me? Is that what brought him here?

 

Why, hyung.

 

Is that why that man, Jeongmin, taught me how to fight? For this moment to come? Is this what he meant? To protect myself from monsters...

No! Kwangmin is not a monster! He is my brother! I fought against my negative thoughts.

"Kwangmin look at me! Listen! It's me... Jo Youngmin, I'm your twin brother. I- I'm sorry, Kwangmin. I'm sorry I didn't come back for you. I'm sorry you had to see that. I'm sorry I left you, Kwangmin. I'm sorry I wasn't a good brother to you..."

Will this work?

No...

He should just kill me.

"Kill me," I said, leaving my arms down, I gave in.

"Hyung, w-why?" Kwangmin asked...

I looked at him, turning back to human again. A small smile formed my lips. He was on top of me. I could feel his tears falling on my face. He was topless, and his pants ripped everywhere.

Right in front of me is my twin brother. Jo Kwangmin.

I was too happy, to see him, after all those years. I don't mind at all if the next thing I blink my eye, I'm dead.

"Kwangmin, you're here. Brother is really sorry. I- I thought you're dead. I missed you... Kwangmin, I love you. D-don't forgive me----"

 

"Ugh."

 

Blood.

 

"H-hyung, w-why... How could you-"

 

Before I knew it, Jeongmin had thrown an arrow behind Kwangmin, and it hit his...heart.

 

No.

 

No this can't be.

"Kwangmin!!!" He fell over me in a matter of seconds, coughing the blood out.

Dying, he whispered, "I-I really hate you... Hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

Yo guys, a one-shot! Finally! With the Jo Twins! Lalalala~ most of my fics that involves Kwangmin has him getting hurt all the time oh no. Anyway, this ended bad. Sorry. But if you happen to read this ,thank you! Subscribe and leave a comment/review. I would appreciate it!

Wanna check out my other Jo Twins fic?

Read it if you want angst-drama!  - Crossroads

Read it if you just want fun! - Loveholic

 

and also check out my ongoing story with boum1998, rom-com-angst-drama-action, it's everything! That Darn Heartbreaker! The title isn't at all catchy though XD

Orkays, I'm done advertising!