Neighbours

A series of oneshots

1st oneshot ft Choi Min Ho from SHINEE

"Yah!"

I winced, anticipating a punch or hit that never came.

Glancing up, I made eye contact with someone’s neck. Realising that I still couldn’t see the face of this someone, I raised my head higher till I could see the certain someone’s face. This certain someone was very angry. His angry expression did not suit his face at all-This type of guy would have had heaps of girls running after him if he quit scrunching up his face like that.

"Who do you think you are? It isn’t always like the dramas where the main characters fall in love after the stupid girl embarrasses herself in front of the guy. So miss, your plan failed," he smirked, tossing the soccer ball I had kicked at him (by accident- I really didn’t go around intentionally injuring people)

I scoffed in disbelief.

What right did he have to make loosely based assumptions about me?

"Who do you think you are? It isn’t always like the dramas where the girl embarrasses herself in front of the guy. So sir, sorry to disappoint you," I said back and with that I skilfully removed the ball from his hands and lightly hit it on his head.

"See you around," I said, turning around and giving him a lazy wave with my hand.

"Why you---"

I heard the whizzing of a ball heading towards my head and on instinct, disregarding the fact that I had a skirt on, I leapt up and kicked it back towards him. He crumpled back with an OOMPH from the impact and unexpectedness of the event. I stared at him expressionless and made my way to class.

What an interesting start to the day.

"Hey __________! Have you heard?," asked my best friend and I looked at her vaguely curious to what she was about to tell me.

"Heard what?," I asked, rummaging through my backpack for some form of confectionary.

"There’s a new transfer student! And apparently, he’s a training to be an idol! And he’s totally gorgeous!," She blushed and I rolled my eyes.

"OMIGOD"

"What?"

"I can’t find any chocolate or lollies in my backpack today"

"Where you even listening to what I was saying"

"Yeah… About some hot guy who transferred here right?"

"Uh huh. And the best thing is that he’s in some of my classes," She grinned excitedly.

Come to think of it. That guy I kind of injured didn’t look like he was from our school.

I shook my head, telling myself not to be silly.

He was probably some random dude trying to pick up girls in a school.

We walked to our period 4 class which was P.E.

"Welcome back everyone. Today, we were meant to have the new transfer student, Choi Min Ho but due to an injury, he can’t make it today," The P.E teacher drawled and everyone groaned in disappointment- all the girls wanted to check him out, and all the guys wanted to see if he would be competition to them or not.

Kids these days.

"I’m home!," I yelled as I dropped my backpack down on the floor with a thump.

"_________? Can you take these next door to our neighbours?,"my mum screeched from the kitchen and I winced.

"Uh yeah sure… after I shower," I said as I made my way upstairs.

After showering, I changed into an onesie because well, I was too lazy to wear anything else.

"__________? Can you take these now?," my mum screeched again and I could’ve sworn the windows within a 100m radius were cracking.

Life was so boring. Repetitive. Dull.

My mum handed me a box intricately tied with a pink polka dot ribbon. I smelt freshly baked cookies inside and I could feel the hunger inside me awake.

Making my way next door, I pressed the door bell and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

I grew impatient, finally resorting to belting songs at the top of my voice until the door opened. There was a subtle movement from the curtains and I could’ve sworn I heard a faint chuckle.

The door swung open, just missing my face. I looked at whoever had opened the door, prepared to start a war with my neighbours when I realised it was him. The guy who I had injured and insulted this morning. He surveyed me in my onesie with a mixture of amusement and distaste. I remembered what I had come here for and we both looked down to where I was holding the box with one hand. I cringed, realising that the tables had turned and now it seemed I was trying to confess to him.

I regretted deeply about complaining how life was so boring, repetitive and dull but I guess I couldn’t take those thoughts back now.

Talk about embarrassment.