29

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

             Taura felt a pressure boring down on her whole body. It restricted her movements and slowed down her limbs that seemed to be tied together, but whatever it was, was cool to the touch and soothed her body. She felt it all over and tried to grasp it but it seemed to seep through her fingertips.

            “Welcome back, princess.” A sultry voice sounded in the room where Taura lay. Her limbs tensed at the woman’s voice and she refused to open her eyes to the nightmare that presented itself to her.

            Talya swam closer to Taura, seeing her eye lids twitch as they yearned to open. She smirked and looked back at the entry way where Sehun waited with crossed arms. His mother beckoned him into the room as she bowed and made her exit. Her son swam towards the mermaid who seemed curious enough, “Taura, we know you’re awake.”

            Sehun sat at the end of her makeshift bed near her tail that seemed to be sparkling under the rays of light that entered the room from above. There were hints of blues, greens, and silvers embedded in her scales that made it look even more breathtaking. Her tail twitched at the sound of a more familiar voice when Sehun felt a hand graze his. Looking up at the girl, Taura had her eyes set on his green tail that flickered every now and then.

            He sat still under her gaze feeling her squeeze his hand. Sehn scoffed, “It’s a tail, not like you haven’t seen one before.”

            Taura squeezed harder hoping to break a few fingers, but Sehun was just as strong in his Siren form and squeezed back until Taura let out an audible yelp. Her hands flew to at the sound while her eyes widened twice their size. I can speak?

            Afraid to even try, the mermaid slowly rose up from the bed as she opened while feeling , “S-Sehun?”

            Her voice was so soft, Sehun couldn’t even hear her, but she clearly felt vibrations running through her neck, “S-Sehun?”

            He heard her this time and turned to look at her as she swam around the room mumbling things to herself, “Hello? Is this a dream? Am I hearing my thoughts? Hello?”

            Her voice was bit hoarse but as she cleared repeatedly and spoke louder with each word it became clear, “M-my voice is back.”

            Sehun let out an airy chuckle when Taura looked at him with a smile, “Did you do this?”

            She waved a hand down to her half body, though her top half was covered with a makeshift covering of some sheer looking fabric strapped around her neck and tied at the back. Her tail flipping freely under her, she made her way beside Sehun who just like her was half only he did not have any covering to hide his defined chest and toned stomach. His green tail outstretched in front of him, Taura noticed how slim it was compared to hers.

            “No, my mother did.”

            “Your mother?” Taura remembered the story he had told her. Wanting to ask more, Taura glanced over at him but he was already up and swimming towards the doorway.

            “Come on, you’ve missed a lot in the three days you’ve been out.”

            Taura followed after him. They swam down corridor after corridor with entry ways lining the shell plastered walls. Each filled with Sirens talking amongst themselves but immediately stopped upon seeing who passe

Please log in to read the full chapter