19

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

             Sehun ruffled his hair with a huff as he stared up at Taura seeing her wide fear stricken eyes. He quickly hid his face and placed a finger to his mouth, feeling the sharp tips of his teeth, damn it. This form only ever came out when he lost his temper or if someone attacked him, which Taura did. That’s why he made it very obvious to the others he’d rather be left alone to avoid such situations.

            He…he… Taura didn’t know what to do but stare. Those eyes. Those teeth. It only brought back the vivid memories of her encounter with them when trying to protect the King’s ship from Sirens. Thinking about it, her only thought about Sirens was that they were evil. Devil’s even, but looking at Sehun there was nothing evil about him. He was just Sehun, never did it cross her mind that he was a Siren. What is going on? Who is he?

            “You’re not the only one with a secret.” Sehun stood up slowly, his teeth back to normal but his eyes still rather dark. Taura took a step back as he came closer to her. She clenched her fists behind her back seeing as he clenched and unclenched his hands. If he does anything…

             Sehun could already make out from the mermaid’s stance that talking now would be a bad thing. She looks ready to kill. The Siren sighed ready to say something more but was interrupted by more voices as they came to the top deck. Both turned to the emerging men, Kyungsoo, Chen, Suho, and Luhan. They didn’t seem to take note of the two as they went to their stations. Gulping, the girl took a quick glance up at Sehun seeing that he was watching his friends as well. Taura thanked them mentally for their sudden appearance and quickly scurried away from Sehun. She ran back down to her bed and laid down with her blanket over her whole body. She shook involuntarily and could only think of his black eyes and razor like teeth.

               Exactly the same. Taura thought back to her first encounter with those twin Sirens. Talya and Tyna. She reached for her back where the bullet entered her body. There was nothing there though, but she could still feel it. Racking her brain, images of the two blonde haired Sirens popped in and out in flashes. Their eyes. Nose. Hair. Taura shivered with a gasp as she raised a hand to remembering Talya's words, no.

              “Get my Siren back home.”

            *~*~*~*

             “Alright, everyone up! Breakfast!” Lay came around each makeshift bed banging on a pan rather loudly. Each of the sleeping members groaning in response, some even c

Please log in to read the full chapter