Chapter One

Secrets

"Junhong! Junhong! Wake up! Your going to be late for your interview!" Sooyoung called to me. I groaned rolling over in my bed. "Junhong, wake up" she said as she walked into my bedroom seeing that I was still in bed. She shook me and I sighed rolling over. "Why?" "Your going to be late" I sighed getting up. "Alright I'm up" I said standing up next to her. "Ill be down in a minute" she nodded walking out. I walked out as well walking down the hallway to the bathroom. I striped of my clothes and the shower. I stepped in and feeling the warm water hit my skin. I washed my body after getting used to the water. Then I washed my hair. I walked out the bathroom after turning off the shower and wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked into my bedroom and walked to my closet. I sighed searching my closet for something, 'professional' to wear. I finally found this outfit and got dressed. I fixed my bow tie and my hair. I walked downstairs and saw Sooyoung in the waiting for me in the kitchen. She looked at me and smiled. "You look handsome, but your shoes Junhong. Converses, really?" "I don't have dress shoes" I said in defense. "Alright hurry on, your late" I nodded grabbing my skateboard. "Wait, Junhong you can't show up on a skateboard. Get a cab" "A cab, early in the morning in New York. Ill be an hour late by the time I get in" she sighed but nodded. "Ok fine go hurry" I nodded running out the front door. I jumped on my skateboard and kicked my way down the busy sidewalk. After thirty minutes I ended up in front of Guk Enterprises. I smiled at the sign and walked inside. I walked to the secretary and she looked up at me. "Can I help you?" "Um, I'm here for an interview for to be an assistant" "Mr. Yongguk is seeing people now, go to the 25th floor" I nodded and walked to the elevator. I pushed the up button and waited for the doors to open. When they did I stepped in and pushed 25. Other people got in and they looked very professional. They were all going to the 25th floor. This made me nervous. What if I don't get the job? I stood there quietly waiting until the elevator went ding and everyone walked out, inculding me. My eyes widened at the adults walking over all in suits and ties. Wow. "Hey, kid what are you doing up here?" a older male asked me as he walked out of an office. "I'm here for the interview to be Mr. Yongguk's assistant" he nodded. "You can wait right in there, with the others" I nodded and walked into the room, seeing a bunch of people sitting. They all looked at me and looked me over. They all smirked and continued their conversations. That made me even more nervous. What's wrong with my outfit? I took a seat and waited. People slowly started leaving until it was just me. I sat there playing with the wheels on my skateboard. "Choi Junhong?" I looked up seeing a pretty girl standing there. "Yes?" "Mr. Yongguk Is ready for you now" I nodded standing up and following her out. We walked to an office and she knocked. "Come in" a voice said for the other side. She opened the door. "Mr. Yongguk there's one last interview" she said. "Oh, I thought I was finished I was getting ready to go on my lunch break, bring them in" she motioned me to come and I walked in. I looked up meeting the most wonderful eyes I've ever seen.