1.

Vampire Prosecutor

Italics = flashbacks II *words in between asterisks* = thoughts 

 

PROLOGUE


 
In the early hours of Seoul a hooded man driving a 14 wheeler truck frantically sped through the highway, swerving left and right to get away from 2 cars chasing after him. Recklessly driving behind were two men in separate cars. One driving a black car determined to catch the man in the truck, while the other in the silver bent on apprehending the vehicle a head of him. 
 
Gritting his teeth the driver in the silver Audi propelled his car to move faster. Not willing to let his only chance, his one lead to know the truth slip through his fingers. Determination engulfed him as images of his past flickered as if to play a movie reel. 
 
A young girl in an old school uniform stood on a bridge, arms stretched out as if to hug the wind that playfully tousled her shoulder length hair. Her innocent aura radiated as the sun shone down on her. She skipped a long stopping once in a while to look back while a soft smile formed on her lips as she reached out to him.
 
"Oppa."
 
Not caring if he's driving on the left side of the street, tears began to trickle down his cheeks as he honked his horn; furiously trying to catch up with the man in the black car. Taking his chances, he drove to the side, a frenzied expression etched on his face.
 
"Ya! Stop the car!!" he yelled. "I said stop!!" 
 
In contrast to the silver car, the other male clad in a navy suit looked as if he had not a care in the world. Not sparing the other driver a glance he looked ahead, focused with only one objective and that was to get the mysterious truck driver who was still violently trying to get away. 
 
The shadow of the man in black smirked mischievously. He looked into the side view mirror watching the two cars; and all though his face remained stoic, his concentration suddenly wavered. With one last attempt to get the two off his trail he veered to the right abruptly stopping the 14 wheeler horizontally, blocking any path that leads to an escape.
 
With wide eyes the male in the black car gripped his steering wheel trying to dodge the mess in front of him to no avail. His mouth opened to scream as fear and anger were apparent on his face. The speed of his car during the chase back fired as within a few seconds he was headed straight for the wheels of the truck. Glass lacerated his skin at the moment of impact as shattered windows exploded all around him
 
All in the meanwhile the second car followed suit. Stunned at what just happened, the slight hesitation was all it took for his car to drive head first into the back of the black dodge avenger, flipping him upside down into a screeching halt. The rattle of crashing metal skidding to a stop and of breaking glass resonated throughout the eerily barren streets. 
 
The barely audible noise of gas leaking from the truck down the road was drowned out by the sudden pitter patter of rain. A bloody hand reached out from the window,  hopelessly trying to pull himself out from under his car. Jaejoong's jagged breathing filled the emptiness that engulfed him as he despairingly followed the footsteps of a man in a dark hooded trench coat wielding a knife. He watched him walk up to the drivers side of the avenger, forcefully opening the dented door and grabbing the half conscious man. His eyes grew wider, horrified at what happened next. The glint of the knife momentarily flashed as it came barreling down becoming lodged into the neck of the heavily injured male. 
 
But with the man's back facing him, Jaejoong failed to witness the hooded man's sudden change of physical appearance. The blooded male struggled to look up, but what he came face to face with was of a creature; a stubbled face with electrifying blue eyes and sharp piercing teeth that repeatedly stabbed him mercilessly.
 
"No...I'm the one who suppose to kill him!"  croaked Jaejoong as he looked on; crawling through the window, his gaze still on the duo in front of him. 
 
At the smell of foreign blood the hooded individual slightly tilted his head as he dropped the gruesome carcass to the floor, allowing Jae a small glimpse of his profile. His body grew rigid as he tried to process this person's image. *What the... Wha- what are you?* A sudden memory of a particular interrogation flashed in his mind. 
 
In a plain grey room, a man wearing a charcoal grey suit and a matching tie sat with an detached expression; his deep set eyes bore at the files before him. Jaejoong circled around the said suspect, patiently waiting for him to talk. 
 
"Do you want to know who the culprit is?" the man's low voice spoke out, breaking the silence between the two. He looked up to the curious Jae before averting his eyes away and continuing. "I'm sorry. But it isn't me."
 
Jaejoong's face hardened. Placing both his hands on the table, he leaned over. "You saying that... That just means you know who it is then." his voice relatively composed despite the turmoil that boiled deep down in his gut.
 
That man back then who sat in front of Jae was now laying in front of him, bloodied and barely, but miraculously breathing. Jae looked on as the hooded figure played with a sterling silver lighter, flicking it open and without warning throwing it towards the leaking car before disappearing from his sight. Immediately, fire ignited surrounding both bodies. Jae blinked heavily in a bid to stop the blood dripping into his eyes, then turning his head to stare at the man dragging his body to his side. He looked down at the crimson liquid that was slowly surrounding him as he gripped on to the arms of the other.
 
"Was... Was he the culprit?" Jaejoong questioned, breathing out heavily. 
 
But before he could ever get an answer, Jae felt a pair of sharp fangs penetrate his skin. An unbelievable burning sensation erupted within him, dark veins surfaced, and the feeling of pain overwhelmed Jae as his eyelids flew open. His once warm brown eyes now turned into those hauntingly beautiful electrifying blue that indicated at what he became; something that will forever change his life, he became... a monster
 
*****
 

 

 
A/N: PHEW~ Can you believe that this whole chapter was only for the first 5 minutes of the first episode of the drama?! Goodness, I could only guess how long 1 episode will equal too. Yikes. Anyways, I hope it wasn't too confusing. I actually was going to keep Jae's name out of it, but it started to get a tad overwhelming with all the "he's" "his" "him" etc. even for me, so there! I ended up writing his name. I also want to apologize, this goes out to all my stories I wrote and of those I'm planning to write in the future. It takes me a bit longer to update because of my tendency to write with a lot of... [for want of a bettter word] descriptions? I want to be thorough with my writing and thus equals the longer time to update. 
 
ANYWAYS! I hope you enjoyed this little prologue, and for those who have seen the drama, I hope I did it some sort of justice!