Power of the ice cream

Icecream For Love

 

"Bye, Taeng!" Jessica shouted as she waved to her friend.

"Sica, she's right in front of us." Sooyoung stated.

"I think the coffee is already doing its job." Tiffany added.

Taeyeon did nothing but to let out a chuckle. "Well, I gotta go guys."

"Oh?" Seohyun looked at her watch. "Is it that time to go to the ice cream shop already, unnie?" She teased, then laughing right after.

"SEO!!!" Taeyeon whined.

The rest of them just laughed along. "Go, Taeyeon. We know how much you waited for school to end to have some hazelnut ice cream." Hyoyeon told her, placing a hand on Taeyeon's back.

"ENJOY!!!" They exclaimed.

Taeyeon bid her goodbye and walked out of the gates to her favourite ice cream shop.

She didn't really used to go there until after two years ago, after her father died of old age and his ice cream shop had shut down.

Since then, she goes to 'Il Gelato Per Ogni Giorni' every after school since it's on the way to her house. And every day, she would order the same ice cream, 'il gelato di nocciola', hazelnut ice cream in translation.

She entered the shop and the bells dinged, indicating a new customer. The shop looked pretty calm and cute. The walls were painted with baby blue and there were portraits of a variety of different ice creams placed on the walls, giving the shop a cute and cozy atmosphere. The types of ice creams were separated in different counters, making the shop organized and letting everyone else find the specific ice cream they desire.

The bell dinged again and a tall looking guy with blonde hair had entered, he looked so handsome, so out of this world, what an ultimate god. If she wasn't craving for the ice cream so bad, she would've drooled right on the spot. But she didn't.

For some reason, they both walked into the 'gelato/sorbets' counter.

"Good afternoon, would you take the usual?" The cashier politely asked, and then chuckling right after as she always sees the same person there.

"Yes." Taeyeon answered, but also the tall guy who just entered. The two glanced at each other but quickly looked away.

"Uhmmm... Right away." The cashier went to get two hazelnut ice creams with a smile. But her smile soon vanished when she opened the freezer. She went to get the ice creams and the two watched, but they only saw her take one.

She walked back to them with a worried expression. She let out a sigh before telling them, "We only have one cup of hazelnut ice cream left..."

"Ehh?!" Their eyes widened.

"I'm taking it." The guy quickly told the cashier, quickly paying her.

"Excuse me?!" Taeyeon yelled, causing him to look at her. "Shouldn't we talk about it first?!"

"What's there to talk about? I'm taking it."

"But I want it!" Taeyeon became tensed. She's not the type to get angry easily but... it's her favourite ice cream at stake and she cannot lose.

"Well, go look for it somewhere else." He told her, taking the ice cream from the cashier, opening it and eating a spoonful just to mock her. "Why fort are thou looking at me?" He teased, also using a Romeo and Juliet reference.

Taeyeon squinted her eyes as she gritted her teeth, frustrated. "Well, why fort are thou a jerk?!" She shouted, and then pushing the ice cream, having it spill on his shirt. The girls, who are actually big fans of the guy at school, gasped in shock. Taeyeon let out a short breath and stomped off.

Taeyeon marched out the shop, passing a few other flawless looking boys at the door without even looking at them, which also shocked the boys as all girls fall for them. No girl just passes by them without freezing on the spot just to examine their perfect features.

Nonetheless, the boys walked inside and towards the guy who argued with Taeyeon. They were wondering why everyone who studies at their school (and everyone else) was looking all shocked like it was the first time they saw them.

"Yo." They called the guy.

The guy turned to face them, fuming with anger. It looks like he was going to explode in any second. Then their eyes landed on the brown coloured ice cream on his shirt.

"Dude, what happened?!"

"Some weirdo chick spilt it on me!" He exploded. "Damn shorty." He cursed.

Baekhyun looked back to the door and then back to the guy. "Explains why that girl looked furious as hell."

"You're just tall, Kris!" Suho wailed, crossing his arms. "Why call her a shortie?!"

Kris groaned and walked off, the rest following behind the 'living bomb'.

The cashier blinked. *Is hazelnut ice cream that big of a deal?* She asked herself. *Power of the ice cream. Simply... the power of the ice cream.* She smiled as she slightly shook her head.

 

 

 

Taeyeon seemed like there was smoke coming out of her ears. She was just so mad and angry and furious and asdfghjklskslsndhshhsjdjh. She wanted to rip his head off, which was something different for a sweet and bubbly girl like her.

"I could've choked that jerk to death, ughhh!" She groaned as she squished the air, thinking as if she was squishing the guy's neck. "No hazelnut ice cream for me today..."

Taeyeon reached for her keys as soon as she reached the door of her house. Her house wasn't small, but wasn't that big either. It was a bit bigger than the normal ones and it felt even bigger considering she lived alone.

Sometimes her friends would come or stay for a sleepover and they would stay up all night doing the randomest things ever and disturbing the neighbours' sleep.

She opened her door and walked inside, quickly shutting and locking the door. It was one of the biggest reminders her dad kept telling her when he would go on seminars for one to three nights long and she'd have to stay by herself. Who knew that now, she has to do it without her dad reminding her?

She placed her keys in a bowl on a table right next to the wall, where her father's portrait was placed. She placed a hand on the photo. "I miss you dad..." A tear fell down her cheek but she quickly wiped it and sniffed. "No." She told herself. "I have to be strong. That's what you keep telling me, dad. And that's exactly what I will be. I will not let anyone ruin my day, just like how you always tell me."

She forced a smile, as if her dad would see it. She quickly walked to the kitchen and opened her freezer. "At least I still have you, vanilla ice cream." She talked to the ice cream in her freezer. "We're gonna have so much fun." She joked, then chuckling right after.

She grabbed the tub of vanilla ice cream and a spoon and went straight to the living room, where she plopped herself comfortably on the sofa. She the TV and flicked through the channels but she didn't find anything interesting, or just something that interests her.

She placed her ice cream on the coffee table and opened the drawer underneath. She grabbed a DVD case and closed the drawer, then walked over to the DVD player. She pressed 'open', inserted a disc and pressed 'closed'. The screen went black and the introduction to every movie or film productions out there played.

She quickly walked back to the sofa, grabbed her ice cream and positioned herself in a relaxing way.

The drama started playing...

"HYUNGNIM!" Minam exclaimed.

 

 

 

Kris had just arrived at school, seemingly have forgotten about the incident the previous day. He overheard a few girls talking in the hallways on the way to his classroom.

"I was rewatching ‘You're Beautiful’ last night." One of them said. "Yonghwa was soooo attractive." She continued. "But of course, Kris Oppa is still better looking."

*Tch.* Kris thought. *Another drama crazy fan.* It's not that Kris hates dramas, heck no. He watches them all the time. But the feeling of getting compared to those characters in the dramas just didn't really sound too well for Kris, especially when he's compared to the wrong character. *You should be comparing me with Taekyung, b-tch.*

He entered the classroom and he expected it to be quiet. But instead, he was greeted with a book flying towards him. "Hyung, duck!"

Without thinking twice, Kris moved away, and not ducking. If he ducked, he'd still get hit considering he's so tall because of the giant he was.

"This is a classroom, not a playground!" Kris exclaimed. "Go play outside!" He marched to his seat, being alert for anything else that could and would come flying his way.

"Seems like someone's not over the incident yesterday..." Xiumin teased. "Why? Did that ice cream make you colder than you already are?"

"Would you like a punch or a knuckle sandwich instead?" Kris asked sarcastically.

The rest of his friends just laughed. He knew all too well they will never stop teasing him about it.

A few girls hesitantly approached them. "Uhmmm..."

"Do you need anything?" Kris coldly asked.

"Uhmmm... not really..."

"Then what do you want?"

"Uh... N... nevermind." They quickly turned around and walked away.

Even though Kris was colder than ice, they still adored him. For some reason, him being like that made him cool and soooo badass.

Kris rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Thinking about it, I was amazed by that girl yesterday..."

"Continue your sentence, Park Chanyeol, and I will feed you to a dragon."

"Aniyaaaa. I'm just saying... Compare her to the girls here and you'll see a 100% difference." He reasoned out.

"I agree. She didn't even notice any of us yesterday." Chen added.

"That's because she was mad, duh." Luhan commented, his eyes glued to the game he was playing on his phone.

"Why was she mad anyways?"

Their eyes all turned to Kris. "Kris, what'd you do?" Suho asked, sounding like Kris did something and he was hiding it.

"Nothing!"

"Well, there has to be a reason!"

"Okay, fine." Kris let out a deep sigh. "There was only one hazelnut ice cream left and I took it and that girl just went all yelling and pushed the ice cream and spilt it on me."

EXO blinked. "Okay, does she like that ice cream that much?"

Baekhyun smirked. "Heh. Seems like Kris-hyung's finally found his match."

"BYUN BAEKHYUUUUUN!"

Kai turned to Baekhyun. "Run."

"Oh crap." Baekhyun stood up from his desk and ran away. EXO just laughed their asses off as they clutched onto their stomachs watching Kris yelling and threatening of frying Baekhyun in a giant pan with boiling olive oil.

 

 

 

 

 

 

**Phew. Quite a long chapter 1, aye? >.< No? Kbye~**