● Day 1

Heaven HIATUS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 The doctor entered the room with a sombre expression on his face. Yixing had to be removed from the ward and was taken to a private room where the doctor was going to explain. He was confused. Yixing did not understand why Jongdae would say such a thing. He was going to get better, Right?

 

 

Yeah, When he’s out the hospital, he would help the numbskulls back at the cafe and he would be happy. Everything would be perfect.

 

 

“I’m very sorry to say this, we tried everything we could ,” The doctors tone was soft and delicate, knowing the relationship between the two men. Yixing almost knows what he was going to say next, he doesn’t want to hear it.

 

 

"He’s not going to get better is he,” Yixing mummers. He could feel that salty taste in his mouth he would normally get before he would cry. He swallowed hard and clutched his fists tightly.

 

 

“You said he was going to get better,’ Yixing trembles,

 

 

“Right?” The doctor looked away almost embarrassed.

 

 

“Well you see,” The man was struggling with his words.

 

 

“As you know, Jongdae had been diagnosed with Exodus Lympheria,”

 

 

Yixing nodded, Exodus Lympheria was a condition which meant that Jongdae’s heart would never grow to it’s full extent, he had the heart of a 7 year old. This meant that he could not support his body as well as others, making him frail and vulnerable. This also meant he was prone to sudden heart attacks.

 

 

Yixing listened well in medical class.

 

 

The doctor sighs and looks at him,

 

 

“His heart will not be able to cope with his body,”

 

 

Yixing nods silently,

 

 

“If he lives any longer the, heart will shut down and-”

 

 

“It will kill him” Yixing butts in. He takes a deep breath and blinks a couple of times. Yixing knew the condition as he had studied it at university. There was no known cure for Exodus Lympheria.

 

 

“I’m very sorry,” The doctor starts to talk,

 

 

“How much time has he got left” Yixing bluntly asks.

 

 

The doctor looked at his sheets and swallowed.

 

 

“We predict about 7 days from today at the most”

 

 

“7 days...?” Yixing repeated. The doctor nods. Yixing started to feel strange. He felt like a 10 ton weight had puled him down. His face had lost all it’s power to move, he chest was hurting so much, it was agonizing. Yixing didn’t know what to do next. He wanted the  walls to swallow him up.

 

 

“T-Thank you doctor” Yixing stutters and quickly walks out. But nothing felt the same anymore. No. Nothing was going to be the same. Yixing didn’t want those tears to fall, yet they did. And yet,they fell because Jongdae was going to die.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost a outer world feeling. Yixing thinks. Like being trapped in a world that was barley recognizable anymore. He sat quietly on a park bench which the two would always sit after Jongdae’s shift. But it was just him. The sun was now setting, warm colours like orange and red filled the sky as well as reflected on the gentle river bank.

 

He shared many memories with Jongdae here. How they would make jokes on how gay Baekhyun was and coming up with plans to scared Luhan on April fools day. But most importantly, Jongdae had confessed his love here, Yixing remembers,

 

 

 

 

“Are you alright Jongdae?” Yixing asked looking concerned at the Korean man. Jongdae looks up almost anxiously and laughs awkwardly.

 

 

“Haha nothing wrong r-really..” He scratches the back of his head.

 

 

Yixing doesn’t believe him at all.

 

 

“Come on! Tell me~!” Yixing imitated a duck which made Jongdae smile and slightly blush.

 

 

“W-W-Well..” Jongdae then shuts his eyes tightly,

 

“I really really liked you ever since I first saw you, but it’s stupid because you don’t like men and you would never return my love” Jongdae say quickly.

 

 

“Phew, I actually said it” He looked up at Yixing and fumbled with his coat.

 

 

“I like you too Jongdae,” Yixing replies holding his hand.

 

 

“Really?” The korean man asks surprised.,

 

 

Yixing looks deeply into his eyes and smiled, showing his deep dimple in his cheek,

 

 

“you idiot” Yixing says cupping the younger male’s face and pecking him slightly on the for head.

 

 

 

 

 

“!” Yixing screamed chucking a random pebble at the water. And now. His Jongdae was going to die in 7 days. 7 ing days!! Why? Why was this happening to him?

 

 

He rubbed his swollen eyes from the tears, he had never cried so much. And that feeling. That feeling of pain in his chest didn’t go away. It got more stronger every time he thought about Jongdae. Kim Jongdae. His love of his life. The one he was going to commit his life to. Gone.

 

 

“It’s a cruel world isn’t it?” A deep voice made Yixing jump right out of his seat,

 

 

“What the?!” He then layed eyes on the person who had interrupted his field of thought.

 

 

A tall man, taller than yixing sat there. He had long but neat blonde hair, strong and chiseled features, stern and brooding eyes and was dressed in nothing but white. White robes, white jeans, everything. His eyes where latched onto the river. How the hell did this guy suddenly come out of nowhere? Yixing was more confused.

 

 

“To have your one true love taken away from you just like that” He spoke again. His voice was soft, deep but was full of authority. His eyes where now facing Yixing.

 

 

“How did you kno-”

 

 

“Have a seat” The white clad man said asked. Yixing did so, but didn’t keep his eyes off of the man. He seemed, different. He felt this aura emitting from the man which made Yixing calm down. He sat down slowly and sighed, but before he could speak, the man raised a finger as if to keep quite.

 

 

“It’s sad to loose the person you love” The man spoke, Yixing turned to him confused

 

 

“How the hell would you know that?!” Yixing asks

 

 

There was a long pause.

 

 

“Our kind know a lot of things, Yixing”

 

 

He was baffled completely, how the hell did this guy know who he was, and know about Jongdae?! This must be some sick joke the hospital set up or some . But this guy showed no emotion or anything. Yixing was ready to leave, he was in no good mood to talk to strangers,

 

 

“What if you had a choice, Zhang Yixing” The man spoke again, making Yixing stop right in his tracks,

 

 

“Excuse me?” The brown haired man asked sitting back down ,

 

 

“What is Jongdae didn’t have to die”

 

 

‘Well...” Yixing Chuckled to himself, “I would do anything I could to stop Jongdae from dying, but his condition in incurable” Yixing then turned to the blonde man,

 

 

“It’s not like you can do anything about it, Can you?” Yixing muttered almost sarcastically. The other man just raised an eyebrow at him,

 

 

“Our kind can do many things besides saving lives,”

 

 

Yixing tone turns serious “What are you then?”

 

 

The man smiled slightly,

 

 

“Many cultures call us by different names, The Jewish call us Malachims, Aristotle called us first movers-”

 

 

“Your kidding right?” Yixing sit back and massages his temples “This had got to be some sick joke” He points a finger at the man, “There is no way you could be a” Yixing just shook his head,

 

 

“An Angel?” The man asks “You catch on very quickly for a human,”

 

 

This has got to be some dream. Jongdae dying and now this? A ing angel?

 

 

“You shouldn’t think like that” The man spoke

 

 

“So does God exist?” The white clad nodded.

 

 

“To a certain extent”

 

 

Yixing smiles almost relived. He could save Jongdae’s life, an angel. It was a miracle.

 

 

“But it’s not that easy to save Jongdae” The man spoke

 

 

“But you could,” Yixing asks “Save him from his condition?”

 

 

The man nodded.

 

 

“God hates seeing his children in pain. So he sent me” The angel turns to the water.

 

 

“Your going to have to make a choice”

 

 

Yixing’s face darkened. Oh, heres the cache. Your going to have to sacrifice your life to save Jongdae. So cliche. It sounded completely like one of your sappy k-dramas.

 

 

“There is always a sacrifice you have to make, that’s the rules, For Jongdae to be cured, his memories are needed”

 

 

“Your going to take his memories?” Yixing asks “Like amnesia?”

 

 

“Not like amnesia,” The angel spoke “Certain memories”

 

 

Yixing nods “O-okay,but what exactly?” This was quite a good deal. He could sacrifice the memory of Jongdae being sick on that roller coaster last summer. Sure it was funny to others, But Jongdae hated that memory, This was almost too good to be true.

 

 

“His memories of you”

 

 

“What?” Yixing asks.

 

 

The angel sighed, “You must sacrifice his memories of you, that means he will never know you had existed”

 

 

Yixing’s eyes started to water. No. That’s like living without him. He tried to comeback with a clever comment and outsmart an angel,

 

 

“But i can always make him remember after he forgets”

 

 

The angel shook his head,

 

 

“That is impossible,”

 

 

“Why?” Yixing asks rudely

 

 

“If he remembers you, he will die again,”

 

 

Yixing wiped a warm tear away,

 

 

“And what if i don’t want to go ahead with the deal?”

 

 

“He will simply die in 7 days”

 

 

Is it worth it? Jongdae was precious to him. He was so happy when he first met him, Jongdae was special. And now he was given a choice. To let Jongdae die or to save Jongdae but he could never be with him. It made the pain in Yixing’s chest dig deeper into his core.

 

But he loved the Korean with all his heart, an both outcomes resulted in him being lonely. God was a head to send an angel to give him these choices. Why can’t just Jongdae just live and be with me.

 

 

“W-when do i have to make this decision?” Yixing asked quietly looking away.

 

 

The angel could see the distress in Jongdae’s face, yet he showed no emotion let alone empathy.

 

 

“Whenever you like but in the time period of 7 days” The angel stood up, and looked down at Yixing,

 

 

“Does God alway do this?”

 

 

“I’m sorry?” The angel asked

 

 

“Tear up people inside”

 

 

The angel sighed deeply

 

 

“It isn’t God’s choice to hurt humans, But to help them, you have got to realize that God loves you and wants to help,”

 

 

Yixing mumbles “This isn’t help at all”

 

 

The angel turns away,

 

 

“I’ll give you time to think” he starts to walk off

 

 

“Oh and don’t call me angel”

 

 

Yixing looks up almost hurt ,but his voice was almost taunting the other man

 

“What shall I call you then, angel?” There was huge emphasis on the last word.

 

 

The angel gave him a look then started to walk off “Call me..”

 

 

There was a pause,

 

 

“Kris...”

 

 

Yixing clutches his fist so tight it was starting to turn white. His chin trembled a bit before inhaling sharply.

 

 

Kris was no where to be seen. He had long gone.

 

 

He sobbed loudly and covered his face with his hands. God must hate him. If God cared he would save Jongdae and let them live happily together. But no,

 

 

Whatever he choose, he would be lonely.

 

 

He could never be with Jongdae.

 

 

 


Hello guys first chapter~!

CHEN DYING?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will Lay do??

Read on to find out~!

oh and if you guys like chenlay may you cheack out my other fanfic called edge~?

okay take care upvote comment subscribe and i'll see you soon

and yes i made up jongdae's illness