Surprise

Distancing

One Shot
The sun is beating down on my shoulders and upper back but I ignore its heat and push through because I need to learn this dance, I cannot let my friends down. I seriously don’t get why they suddenly decided to do the charity showcase and I really don’t get why they signed me up to dance with them. They know the dance flawlessly, I on the other hand… well lets face it, I’ve been dancing for 2 hours and if anything I’ve gotten worse.

I stop the music and practically collapse onto the park bench. I’m glad not many people walk down this track so at least I’m the only one who knows I’m a failure. I just can’t seem to do it. The others have perfect movement and although I know what to do and when to do it, I just look awkward and clumsy. There must be a secret.

I’m not sure how long I was lying on the bench but I eventually peel myself off it and start over. Still not good enough and I let out an exasperated sigh.
“You’re too mechanical.” A deep voice says.

“What would you know?” I say sarcastically and turn around to come face to face with Taemin.
"A lot actually. Considering I've been doing that dance for years." He says shyly, he never really did like to face me when I was angry.
"When did you get back?" I asks sounding almost civil. Taemin and I were close when we were younger, his parents still live next door but ever since he joined SM I've distanced myself from them. Don't get me wrong I'm still civil and I do sometimes have small chats with them but I keep my distance dispute Taemin's efforts to spend time with me. If I'm completely honest it hurts me too deeply to admit but I know this is the best way because if I let him get close the crush I've been suppressing all these years will escape. Like right now he looks devine with his once long blond hair dyed red and styled so he just looks perfect. I watched it change during the lucifer promotion and I thought he was hot at the start but now he's pure ... What? Just cause I'm distant doesn't mean I don't still watch his accomplishments.
"I just got home. It's only for a little while but it looks like my timing is perfect." He says as I stop the music,
"I beg your pardon?" I say trying to keep resentment out of my voice.
"What?"
"What do you mean perfect timing?"
"Well I heard you are performing in the charity showcase and I'll be home to see it." He answers sitting down on the bench.
"Yay, lucky me. Yet another person to laugh at me" I say letting the sarcasm drip from my words,
"No one will laugh at you. You know the dance perfectly, you're just too mechanical." He says standing suddenly, "Here. Let me show you."
I watch in awe as he dances beautifully, but it's not just his dancing, but the concentration, emotion and expression clear on his face that makes me feel light headed. He finishes but I make no attempt even if his pronunciation of Ring Ding Dong was off. to move or say anything as the music starts again he shoots me a dazzling smile.

"This is what you are doing." He says picking up the dance again. I will admit it still looks good but he's right it looks really mechanical.
"Do you see it?" He asks me and I nod slowly, "Do you want to try again?" He says holding out his hand. I ignore his hand but somehow it brushes agains my arm sending shivers down my spine, nice to know I'm still attracted to him... NOT!
I copy what I saw to the best of my ability but I know it's still not right.
"Better." Taemin says,
"But..." I supply,
"You're still over analysing it." He says bluntly. I sigh again and stare up at the sky.
"Do it again, with me." He says and I hear the music start. I turn to face it to find Taemin facing me, "I'll be your mirror."

It was like dancing in front of a mirror, he was the perfect reflection and after an hour I am so close to perfect I can taste it. Having Taemin meant I didn't second guess what I was doing and whether I did the last step correctly, I let my musician side follow the beats and listen to the music. I watched him smile as I gradually loosened and the moves became fluid but he would always frown at the chorus. I had never liked that part of the dance. I didn't really understand how to get my body to move like that.

"You don't know how to move at the chorus, do you?" He says sighting my problem. I take a deep breath and shake my head still panting,
"That move seems so unnatural." I say,
"You over analyse everything." He sighs,
"Sorry. You know you really shouldn't be wasting your time off on me." I say looking at the ground, "Dancing has never come easily to me and I tend to treat it like school, analysing very detail." I say wrapping my arms around my stomach. The really reason I was in my friends dance team was they needed a fifth member.
"I'm not giving up at easily." He says appearing behind me. I tense as he takes my hands in his and leans his stomach and chest into my back.
"Taemin..." I say confused by what he was doing and how it was making me feel. The millions of butterflies appearing in my stomach didn't help, neither did the racing heart.
"You can't treat it like school, dancing is something you need to feel. So I'm showing it to you. Ready?" I nod slightly not trusting myself to speak. "Let your legs become a little limp." He slowly bent his knees causing me to do the same, however when he pushes forward I loose my balance and end up on the ground with him on top of me.

I feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I feel his body against mine, but I don’t dare open my eyes at first. I eventually open my eyes worried he’s hurt cause I don’t feel him move only to find him over me with his eyes squeezed shut and his cheeks bright red.
“Taemin? Are you ok?” I ask his letting the genuine concern flow into my voice,
“Huh?” he says opening his eyes. After a second he pushes away from me and gets up offering me his hand, which I take this time, unfortunately he pulls way too hard and I slam into him.
“Taemin I am so sorry.” I say trying to step backwards but his hands catch my arms and prevent me. "Tae-" I cut myself off as he engulfs me in a hug,
"I've missed you so much." he says and somehow my hands find their way around his waist.
"Me too." I admit softly but he hears me and hold me tighter.
"Why did you stop talking to me?" He whispers, "It hurt me deeply."
"I'm sorry. It hurt me too but I was scared about the reality of letting you know how I felt." The words slip out before I can compress them, and I hear Taemin gasp.

Neither of us move from our embrace however I feel totally weak at the knees. "Saranghae." I hear him whisper into my ear. I pull away from him and smooth the hair covering his face, he looks so vulnerable yet beautiful. I look deeply into his eyes getting lost in the colours, patterns and raw emotions. He leans forward and his lips quickly brush against mine. My stomach does millions of summersaults and my heart flutters. He pulls back and his cheeks turn red, but I can't take my eyes off him,
"Taemin... I..." I don't know what to say. Actually that's a lie I know exactly what to say *kiss me again* but I can't seem to find the words. I move closer to him and run my hand to his cheek gently guiding his face to mine where our lips meet in a perfect kiss. I feel goosebumps cover my arms as his lips begin to move against mine kissing me back as if our lives depended on it. I don't mind he took my first kiss a second ago because this is what I have always wanted... Him wanting me.
"I haven't taught you the chorus" I hear him say as I rest my forehead against his my eyes still closed. "I'd rather do something else." I say clutching his shirt.
"Later." He says kissing my nose, "this first."

He stands behind me and I follow his body as he moves apart from being unbelievably hot it really helps. I feel the motion I'm supposed to take. "Ready?" He asks as the music plays, I nod and do the whole routine with Taemin as my mirror.

It ends and we are facing each other panting slightly,
"Perfect." He says swinging an arm around my waist pulling me into a lazy hug, I nod furiously at his praise. "Now for our reward." He says. *what?! There is a reward?* I think to myself but before I get a chance to ask a set of full lips are on mine. It feels amazing as electric shock run up my arms and spine. He bites my lower lip and his tongue slides into my mouth. The sensations he creates in me are so new it leaves my head spinning, gosh he has worked wonders on me. "So worth the wait." He says pulling away and smiling before I fist his shirt and pull him back to me. Could life be anymore perfect?!