Wake Up.

Nightmare

 

I walk around aimlessly, following the dirt path that is surrounded by wild flowers and grass, feeling the cold breeze hit my skin; I shiver.

“He’s near.” I say in a whisper.

 

I pick up my pace and begin to run, seeing the flowers and grass move further and further away from me. All I see now is a field of dry grass, with a hill that has a single tree and a swing. I can also make out a figure standing there, it’s him. I continue to run, getting closer and closer to the tree. I climb up the hill, imagining his smiling face and hearing his beautiful voice. When I finally reached the top,

 

No one was there.

 

I feel like breaking down and crying. Was it finally over? Was I gonna be trapped here? My legs were about to give out when I heard the words;

"Aren't you cold?”

 

 

I turned around, my body shaking. I looked up and saw that gorgeous face. With his well defined jaw and thick lips, his brown hair that were just below his eyebrows; and how could I forget those warm brown eyes that made me melt whenever I looked into them?

 

 

 

It was him.

It was Daehyun.

 

 

I wanted to run up to him, to hug him as tight as I can. I wanted to bury my face in his chest, to smell that scent that I loved oh so much; to hear his heartbeat getting faster and faster.

 

But I knew what would happen.

 

"We’ve had this conversation many times, Daehyun-ah.” I say, my voice trembling.

 

He frowned. “What’s wrong with you today?”

 

"I’ve had enough.”

"What?”

"You know what I’m talking about.”

"I can’t do anything about this Krys…” His voice fades.

 

I look away, feeling my tears stream down my cheek.

 

"Do you know how hard it is?”

"Krystal…”

"No, do you? I can’t tell the difference between reality and my dreams. Everywhere I go, I see you. I pushed away all my friends, not believing a word they say. My family thinks I’m going crazy. I’ve tried to erase you, I burned your letters, ripped up every single picture; but it’s no use. It’s always the same, every time.”

 

 

We both stayed silent for several moments, before he spoke up.

 

 

"I’m sorry I couldn’t be a strong man. I couldn’t protect you with empty feelings. But you know, even if it sounds like an excuse; I’ve never forgotten you. I’m not saying I felt the same way as you did, but I did all I could.”

 

He took a few steps closer to me, closing the space between us.

 

"Even if I wanted to turn back time, this is for the best.”

 

He leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. I melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck as he sneaked his arms around my waist.

 

I didn’t want him to pull away, because I knew what would happen if he did.

 

He pulled away and smiled a sad smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Farewell Krystal, goodbye.” He whispered.

 

 

 

I gasped, opening my eyes and immediately sitting up.

Where was I? I look around, seeing my clothes on the floor and photo albums everywhere. 

 



I was in my bedroom.