Temporary Goodbye

Unforgotten: Tale of Memory and Decision
 
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you.
 
Yes, I got that from a video game… don’t judge me.
 
But honestly… that’s how I feel right now. After several phone calls, Sammy told me that we need to leave for the states as soon as we can. And by that, he means tonight.
 
It’s already 11:30am and I already have my things packed. I have no idea how long we’ll be gone… I’m guessing a month.
 
I looked at my wrists, well mostly at the bracelets. I should at least say goodbye to them.
 
As I was heading out the door, Sammy was talking to one of his friends. “Thanks again, Ryeowook, for helping us out” he said.
 
“No need to worry about it” Ryeowook smiled just as I stood next to Sammy. “Anything for you guys. We’re practically family”
 
“Where’re you heading off to?” Sammy asked me as I put on my shoes.
 
“Where do you think?” I slightly smiled as I left to go to Sungjong’s house.
 
As I was walking, I looked up at the sky. They’re gone now. But it’s not like I don’t know what it is like without them.
 
I released a sigh as I walked up to Sungjong’s house. I rang the doorbell and waited.
 
A moment later, Sungjong answered the door with a surprised expression on his face. “Tessa? What brings you here?” he seemed genuinely surprised.
 
I couldn’t get the words out so instead, I just hugged him. It took a few moments, but I finally uttered the words out. “I’m leaving…”
 
“What do you mean?” Sungjong asked quietly.
 
“I have to leave for the states” I told him.
 
“How long will you be gone?” he sounded… sad.
 
“I don’t know, a month maybe?” I replied as I looked up at him.
 
“What for?” He asked.
 
“Family emergency” That was all I could say without completely breaking down.
 
“I may not know exactly what’s going on, but everything will be okay” he said as he looked me in the eyes.
 
I nodded as I let go of the hug. “Thank you, Sungjong”
 
I started to walk away and turned to look at him before I got too far, “Well… goodbye, Sungjong”
 
 
~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~
 
 
It’s a good thing I texted someone for Ricky’s address because I would’ve been extremely lost.
 
Let’s see… 2:28pm and I just arrived at Ricky’s house. I took a deep breath as I rang the doorbell.
 
Moments later, an older guy a little taller than Ricky was at the door. “What can I do for you?” he asked.
 
“Umm, is Ricky here? I need to talk to him” I asked, trying to sound as polite as I could.
 
“Yes, he’s here. Why don’t you come in?” the man said with a smile. I’m guessing this is Ricky’s appa.
 
“I appreciate the offer, but I’m in a bit of a hurry” I sadly told him.
 
He nodded and went to go get Ricky. Moments later, Ricky walked outside to meet me. He closed the door behind him, “Hey Tessa, what brings you here?” he asked.
 
Again, I didn’t say anything, I just hugged him. “I have to leave for a family emergency”
 
“Where are you going?” Ricky asked.
 
“America…” I muttered.
 
He seemed to have hugged me tighter, “How long will you be gone?”
 
“At least a month” I replied as I pulled back to look at him.
 
“Everything’s going to be okay” He reassured me.
 
I nodded as I walked backwards a couple of steps. “Goodbye, Changhyun”
 
 
~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~
 
 
I released a sigh for the thousandth time today. It’s already 5:00 and our flight is at 7.
 
Sammy was talking to a couple of his friends as we were about to leave. “Hope you guys have a safe flight” Ryeowook smiled at us.
 
“We’ll keep your house safe” Sungmin added.
 
“Thanks guys. I don’t know where I would be without you” Sammy said as he hugged them.
 
Both of them went over to hug me as well. “You be careful too. I’ve heard numerous bad stories about American guys” Sungmin told me.
 
I chuckled at his protectiveness. If not Sammy, it would be Sungmin and Ryeowook. “Make sure the house is in as good of a shape or better when we come back” Sammy told them before we got in his car and left for the airport.
 
The car ride was pretty silent… in fact, the whole trip was pretty silent. From the car ride, to the airport security, up until we were waiting to board our plain.
 
Yep, we were silent for almost two hours.
 
“I know you seem scared, but it’s something we have to do” Sammy told me.
 
“I know… It’s just… we haven’t been in America in a few years” I replied.
 
“I thought you were going to say home for a minute there” Sammy chuckled slightly.
 
“What are you talking about?” I chuckled with him, “Seoul is our home”
 
And for now, we leave until our duty is done. Sungjong, Changhyun, goodbye for now…
 
With that thought, Sammy and I boarded the plane.
 

 

"Farewells are bittersweet... but as long as you live, you can never escape them." Yes that's from a video game too... don't judge me.
 
So this is as filler chapter of the goodbyes. Thus signaling the end of this arc. The story is far from over... I have so many things in store for you guys!
 
Question of the day: What is your favorite quote? I have a few. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." "There's no crying in baseball." "Role model? I don't have one, I want to become one." And many more!
 
So the next chapter, we will see some new things. We'll skip ahead a little over a month in the story so be prepared! I want to tell you other things, but that would be spoilers!
 
See you next time!!
 
Currently listening to: Monster - Big Bang