Gyeonggi-do

Silent

After Tao, Baekhyun and Kai left the dorm, Chanyeol gathered the other members and.  Chanyeol was a bit determined on playing a prank on Baekhyun after he found out that it was Baekhyun’s idea to trick Chanyeol on his birthday.

“That’s a bit dangerous, Chanyeol-aa. Someone might be hurt, especially Baekhyun. Heis our main vocal, isn’t he? Or Tao? We have to proceed our comeback, don’t ruin the comeback just because you want to play a prank on Baekhyun.” Suho as the wise one reminded Chanyeol to not giving a dangerous idea.

“But there’s Kyungsoo to be our main vocal, for EXO K I mean. And you also can sing hyung…” Chanyeol was a bit persistent on his plan.

“Still, without Baekhyun we are not complete, you punk!!!” Suho slapped Chanyeol’s head.

Kris who was a bit tired tried to speak up to end the unending debate between Chanyeol and Suho.

“Suho ya, let’s just proceed with his plan. We’ll just have to make sure to be careful so that no one will be hurt.” Kris left and heading to his room and sleep.

 

April had ended. Piles of presents for Tao from the fans filled the dorm. Among those presents, there are also some for Baekhyun. However, the presents for Baekhyun were hidden by Chanyeol.

At midnight before 1st May, Chanyeol started the plan to prank on Tao and Baekhyun. He decided to start with Baekhyun. When Baekhyun was having a shower that night, Chanyeol who wore a white robe and a long hair wig entered the bathroom. Baekhyun was singing. He was enjoying the hot shower when suddenly he saw woman’s hair moving from the top of the shower glass down to the floor. Baekhyun was trembling. He wanted to scream but couldn’t manage to shout. Then he saw woman’s long and pale-white hands. He forced himself and screamed as he heard the woman’s shriek.

Baekhyun opened the door (or rather force it), took his bathrobe and run from the bathroom. Meanwhile in the bathroom, Chanyeol was lying because he fell as the glass door hit him hard when Baekhyun opened it.

“Damn! Why I feel like I’m the one who is being prank again.” Chanyeol took off the wig and the white robe and waited for the right moment to get out from the bathroom so that Baekhyun wouldn’t be suspicious on him.

Unfortunately, Baekhyun found out that it was Chanyeol who was playing the prank on him. On Tao’s birthday, Baekhyun became so quiet and almost didn’t talk to anyone. Almost everyone blamed it on Chanyeol saying he was too much on taking his revenge. Chanyeol who was sorry approached Baekhyun and apologized.

“Baekhyun-aa, mianhae. I did that only for fun. I’m really sorry. Jinjja… jinjja mianhae Baekhyun-aa.”

However, Baekhyun didn’t answer him and continue to be silent the whole time.

The next day was even more chaos. EXO was supposed to record a song that day but Baekhyun refused to sing, or even talk. He locked himself in his room all day. The managers couldn’t persuade him that day. The atmosphere was awkward as some members still blame it on Chanyeol though he already apologized to everyone.

The next day, Baekhyun was found nowhere in the dorm. His bag was gone too with some of his clothes and his stuffs. The managers and the rest of EXO members tried to call him but he couldn’t be reached.

At noon, the managers got a call from Baekhyun’s parents saying that he was home; he was I Gyeonggi-do. Everyone was relieved.  But then the managers said that Baekhyun hurt his throat when he screamed because of the shower incident. The manager said he was okay, he only needed time to recover; that was why he decided to go home.

After that, they plan to pick him up to his home. The rest of EXO members decided to go after Baekhyun on their own, without the managers.

“We can celebrate his birthday in Gyeonggi-do then.” Kyungsoo was excited as he really wanted to visit his home that is also in Gyeonggi-do.

“Do you think we are going to Goyang? We are going to Bucheon Kyungsoo ya…” Chanyeol reminded him that they were not going to Kyungsoo’s house.

“But still, we are going to Gyeonggi-do right? We can go there after we go to Baekhyun’s house.” Chanyeol and the other ignored him and continued the preparation.

“It’s okay Kyungsoo hyung. We still can go you your home after this; I mean all of this, right?” Kai and Sehun tried to console Kyungsoo as he was a bit disappointed.

They went to Bucheon at dawn, before their manager’s check on them. Xiumin and Suho took the cars and drive (Xiumin and EXO M, Suho with EXO K). It was still 4 a.m. and the street was almost deserted as they were heading toward Gyeonggi-do.

Suddenly Chanyeol shout and grabbed Suho’s hand as Chanyeol sit beside Suho.

“HYUNG!!!”

Suho who was shocked hit the brake and stopped the car. Xiumin who followed EXO K’s car was also shocked and stop. Fortunately there were only a few cars passed by and they managed to avoid accident.

“What are you doing??? Are you insane? I am driving!” Suho shouted at Chanyeol with fury.

“I’m sorry hyung, but there was a woman there. You almost hit her, or is she…” Chanyeol pointed to the front of the car and get out from the car to check. But there was nothing.

“Don’t be silly Chanyeol-aa, get in! you go sit in the back. Kyungsoo ya, you sit here in the front. I’m tired.”

“Yes hyung.”

“But I’m sure there was a woman, she was going to cross the street. She was definitely in front of our car.”

“Stop it Chanyeol-aa. You needed to sleep.”

 

After almost 2 hours, they arrived at Baekhyun’s home. Their parents were surprised to see all of EXO members and welcomed them. Baekhyun was still sleeping. Suho told his parents not to wake him up. They then rested in the living room.

Chanyeol was gazing at nowhere as he was still thinking about the incident earlier. He decided to get out from the house. He saw a big tree in the backyard. He saw someone there, it was Baekhyun. He was talking to someone in the tree. But Chanyeol saw no one there; no one but Baekhyun.

“Is he talking to himself???” Chanyeol wondered…