Eating Bugs

Brain

 

"We're eating here, mommy?" Yuri called out, looking up at the resturant as they drove into the parking lot.

 

Mrs. Kwon nodded, "Yes, we are, Yuri." she answered.

 

Yuri looked up at the giant moose statute in front of the building. "Bu.. Bug...." she stuttered, trying to read the words that were written in red on a big sign. Jessica watched with a small smile as Yuri furrowed her eyebrows. Yuri pouted, "Are these even real words?" she asked in frustration.

 

"Bug-A-Boo Creek." Jessica stated, reading the sign with ease.

 

"What's that?" Yuri asked.

 

Krystal widened her eyes, "We're going to eat bugs?!" she exclaimed, only understanding the word 'Bug'.

 

Yuri also widened her eyes in panic, "What?! Bugs?! Ewww! No! No!" she yelled out.

 

Jessica face palmed herself before grabbing both Yuri and Krystal's hands. "Hey!" she yelled out, louder than both the girls.

 

Jessica managed to catch both Yuri and Krystal's attention. Jessica sighed, "It's just a restaurant name. No, we are not going to eat bugs."

 

Yuri calmed down and leaned her head on Jessica's head, "Good, because I don't think bugs taste very nice."

 

Jessica giggled and nodded her head slightly, making Yuri's head move as well, "I don't think they taste good either."

 

Mr. Kwon and Mrs. Kwon left the car and opened the back door for the girls. "Come on, hop out." Mr. Kwon said with a small smile on his face.

 

Jessica was still holding onto the two girl's hands, but Krystal went out one way of the car, and Yuri went out the other. Jessica widened her eyes, seeing the predicament she was in, since neither of the girls would let go of her hand.

 

"Wait!" Jessica called out before she was going to get pulled like a rubber band.

 

Krystal and Yuri turned, "Huh?"

 

Jessica smiled in relief, "Let's all go out the left door." she suggested.

 

Krystal looked at Yuri, who shrugged, "Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri and Krystal had their mouths wide open, while Jessica looked around in amazement. The restaurant's decoration was sort of a camping feeling. It had wood decorations, wood tables, wood chairs. There were fake heads of animals hanging around the place, as well as bear skin hung on one wall. 

 

"Come on, kids." Mr. Kwon said, gesturing for the girls to follow.

 

Jessica led the two girls, who were too busy watching the fake fish on the wall talk, to the table where Mr. Kwon was currently sitting at.

 

They were sitting at a booth, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon on one side, Jessica, Krystal, and Yuri on the other. Thankfully, the booth was large enough to fit three girls on one side.

 

The waiter came by and smiled, giving two kids menus and three adult menus. The menu was originally written in English, but was obviously translated into Korea. Jessica smiled, 'So, it's an American restaurant.' she thought as she read the English, since it was easier for her to read than Korean.

 

Yuri had no idea what the odd writing was, the loops and swirls, the bumps and curves. What was this language?

 

"Sica, what is this?" Yuri asked, pointing to the letters scattered around the paper.

 

"It's a letter." Jessica stated bluntly.

 

Yuri pouted, "No, not that" she whined. 

 

"Then what?" Jessica asked.

 

"What's the language?" Yuri asked.

 

"Oh.. it's English, why?" Jessica responded.

 

Yuri shrugged, "I was wondering. It looks weird." she mumbled the last part, but Jessica caught it and smiled.

 

'Korean is weird too.' Jessica thought in her mind.

 

Jessica ended up choosing Yuri and Krystal's food, since they couldn't make up their minds, getting them both macaroni and cheese.

 

The food came by and they all dug in, literally. Yuri had taken her spoon and moved the macaroni aside, trying to find the bottom. It wasn't working, since the macaroni kept sliding back down into her hole. Jessica took the spoon from Yuri and scooped up a spoon of macaroni cheese.

 

"Eat." she ordered, holding the spoon up to Yuri's mouth.

 

Yuri obediently opened . Jessica opened as well, carefully placing the spoon into Yuri's mouth, making the girl eat.

 

"Good?" Jessica asked as Yuri was chewing.

 

Yuri nodded and took the spoon from Jessica. Jessica turned to her right side, checking on her sister. She smiled, seeing her sister was eating independently, using her small hands to hold the spoon. Jessica then turned to Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, also seeing them enjoy their meal.

 

Jessica stared down at what she had ordered, steak. It was already cut, but for some reason, Jessica didn't feel like eating. Yuri noticed Jessica staring at her plate, "Sica."

 

Jessica looked up, "Hmm?"

 

"Eat." Yuri said, pointing to Jessica's plate.

 

Jessica smiled and shook her head, "No, I'm okay."

 

Yuri didn't take no as an answer. She place her spoon back into her bowl and grabbed Jessica's fork, picking up a piece of steak and holding it to Jessica's mouth.

 

"Eat." she repeated.

 

The Kwon parents looked up in surprise, seeing Yuri ordering Jessica to eat her food. 

 

"No, Yuri I'm--" Jessica started, but was cut off by Yuri.

 

Yuri shook her head, "Eat, it's not good if you don't eat."

 

Jessica sighed and opened , staring at Yuri who looked concentrated, placing the meat into Jessica's mouth. Jessica chewed the steak before swallowing, "Happy?" she asked Yuri sarcastically.

 

Yuri smiled, "Yes, I am."

 

Jessica shook her head, but she must admit, that piece of steak was pretty good. Hesitantly, she took the fork from Yuri's hand and began to eat on her own. Yuri smiled widely, seeing she managed to get Jessica to eat.

 

They all ate in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. The kind of silence you have when everything is perfect, the kind of silence that is too perfect.

 

Jessica set her fork down and took a sip of her water, done eating. She widened her eyes when she saw the familiar person walk in.

 

 

 

Donghae.

 

 

 

But, he didn't come alone. With him, a rather pretty girl. Actually, a beautiful girl. Jessica's heart thumped, 'No, it could just be a friend. A very.. very.. pretty.. friend..' she assured herself, trying to calm down her beating heart.

 

"Hey.. isn't that Dongha--" Mr. Kwon started before trailing off, seeing him with the girl.

 

Jessica gulped down her saliva, "M- Maybe she's just a friend.." she tried to sound positive, but her stuttering just made it worse.

 

Mrs. Kwon had a look of pity, and Mr. Kwon began to look angry.

 

Donghae and the girl took their seats at a two table. Jessica watched the two silently, seeing their actions. 'So far, nothing out of the ordinary friendship.. Maybe he--'

 

Her thoughts were cut off when Donghae reached across the table and grabbed the girl's hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb. Jessica's heart clenched, Donghae used to do that to her too..

 

Donghae began to play with the girls finger before pulling something out of his pocket. It was a ring.

 

He slipped it onto the girl's hand. 

 

Jessica clenched her fist, feeling the ring against her palm that was on her finger as well.

 

Jessica calmed herself as she spoke to Yuri, "Yuri-ah, can you please move out for a second so I can get out?"

 

Yuri sat up from her seat, letting Jessica out. Jessica huffed a breath as she got out, she turned to Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, "I'll be right back."

 

Jessica walked up to Donghae's table, and boy, you should've seen the look on his face. It looked like he was caught murdering someone, the way his eyes widened and the way his body froze. Jessica slipped off the ring from her finger. She placed it on the table and eyed the one Donghae put on the girl's finger.

 

 

 

It was the same exact ring.

 

 

Jessica let the tears out and glared at Donghae, "You-- you--" Jessica couldn't think of any words she could say in the restaurant without getting kicked out.

 

The girl he was with was also shocked, she didn't know Donghae was cheating on her either. Jessica quickly ran to the bathroom before she completely broke down.

 

Donghae looked back at Tiffany, who had tears b her eyes. "You cheated on me? And her?" she asked.

 

Donghae gulped, but nodded. Tiffany stood up, throwing the ring on the table before slapping Donghae's cheek.

 

Tiffany didn't care about getting kicked out of the restaurant, "You bastard." she said with clenched teeth.

 

She ran to the bathroom as well...

 

to talk to Jessica.