perfect

Sleepless Night

 

 

 

~~

 

You tossed and your bed, trying to be comfortable. It’s already 3:32 am and you just can’t sleep no matter how much you tried. Hongbin, who has his arms wrapped around your waist, was sleeping soundly. You freed yourself from him to get a glass of water from the kitchen but upon standing up, he held your hand and you almost screamed at his face for being so sudden. “Where are you going?” he asked in his sleepy voice. “Jesus, you scared the hell out of me. I’ll just get a glass of water.” Hongbin let go of your hand and went back to sleep.

 

 

-----

 

 

You closed the door and proceeded to the bed where hongbin is sleeping peacefully. You smiled at the sight thinking how lucky you are to have him. You sat down on the edge of the mattress admiring his sleeping figure. He looked like a painting to be honest. No wonder people call him the “Artwork”. Whatever he does is painting-worthy. “Am I that handsome?” Hongbin asked with his eyes closed. You gave a laughing fit with what he said. “hey don’t laugh!” he said while sitting up. You just continued to laugh at him and moments later he was laughing with you with his dimples showing. After a few seconds of laughing together, you both lied down with a blanket hovering the two of you. Hongbin moved closer to you snaking his arms on your waist.

 

“You can’t sleep?” He asked.

“Yeah.” You sighed.

“You know you should stop thinking about me. I’m right here.” He chuckled.

"Excuse you but I was not thinking about you.” You slapped his arm and smiled to yourself. This guy.

 

 

It was quiet between the two of you but you don’t mind. You liked sleepless nights like this. Just cuddling on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Him by your side was everything you could wish for and you couldn’t ask for more. Sure you weren’t wedded yet but there will be a right time for that. For now, you are contented with this.

 

While you were being thankful to the Lord for being with Hongbin, he was thinking of something else. He suddenly broke silence.

 

“Hey.”

“hmm?” you asked him while his hand.

“Do you ever think of us getting married?” He asked curiously looking down at you.

You looked up to him, startled with what he just asked. “Of course I do.”

“Are you happy with me? Am I good enough for you?” This time, he wasn’t curious anymore. You can see in his eyes how worried and nervous he is.

“No.” you said softly. His eyes widened in shock. You laughed at his reaction. He is just so cute at times like this. That’s just one of the little things you love about him.

 

“Of course I am happy with you. I can never wish to have fallen for another guy as perfect as you.” You smiled as you pecked his lips.

Hongbin hugged you closer to him while you rested your head on his chest and your arms wrapped around his waist. You wish that this moment would never end. That you and hongbin will never end. That you will grow old together and still be in love.

Hongbin blocked your train of thoughts when he whispered “I love you” suddenly in your ear. He pulled away from the hug and looked straight into your eyes with full sincerity.

“Even if you had no more hair left on your head, no more teeth left on your mouth, I would still find you beautiful. I’ll love you even if our grandkids already have grandkids. I’ll be there to hold your hand through the good and bad times. I’ll say I love you countless of times and mean it everytime. I’ll never get tired of loving you, I promise you that.” The next words he said took you more by surprise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you marry me?”