Darkness [i]

Imprisoned By Your Love

"Aron Kwak, sentenced to 5 years in solitary confinement."

"No! You can't!" The boy cried out despite the extreme disapproval of his attorney, who immediately pulled him to sit back down on the small wooden chair placed on the floor. The judge hit his gavel on the desk, the sound echoing throughout the empty courtroom. He got up from his chair, walked down the steps, and disappeared behind a door. The aforementioned Aron Kwak, his hands behind his back in handcuffs, was forced out of his chair as the authorities crowded around him. Two took hold of each of his arms, dragging him away. Aron wasn't resistant at all. No, he knew he deserved this. Every single bit of it. But that didn't stop the tears falling from his eyes, or the thoughts from swarming inside his mind. Solitary confinement.. Being cut off from any connection with anyone, for five years. In the same room, for five years. It all crashed down onto him so fast, he never had even thought that simple survival would end him up behind bars.. Or, in this case, facing all white walls. Why did they put him in solitary confinement so quickly? Did they just assume they would have to put him on suicide watch? If anything, the last thing Aron would do was kill himself. At this point, all he cared about was Ren. Would they put him in a foster home? Was he going to be moved across the country to somewhere where Aron could never see him again? Aron would never have answers to his questions.


Solitary confinement.

It wasn't exactly as he expected. 

First off, in the room, it was dead silent. A pin could drop and it could be heard. Soundproof walls 3 feet thick surrounded Aron on all sides. There literally was no escape. There was nothing in the 'cell' other than a suicide blanket and a small cot. The majority of the room was white, since apparently the color was known for calming minds.

Once a day, if he was lucky, Aron would get to see an officer (who was highly armed), who gave him his meal for the day. The officer was always different, and would never utter a single word. The only person Aron had to talk to was himself.

"Rennie-ah..." he said out loud to himself, the words hanging in the air. "I wonder where you are right now.. Are you fed? Are you still going to school?" Aron sighed and ruffled his already messy hair with his hands. He didn't even know if he would ever see him again. 


It was another night in his room, another night alone and spent in silence. Aron Kwak was rudely awakened by his door being opened at this odd hour. The usual officer walked in along with a few others, and Aron quickly got up and bowed to each of them, as respect was always top priority on his list.

"Aron Kwak." the man in front said. His voice was somewhat deep and seemed as though it was from the devil himself. "You're coming with us." Without another word, a cloth was forced over his mouth, and Aron instantly out.