Chapter 1: The beginning...or the end?

Goodbye, my baby...
chapter 1
    The beginning ...or the end?

Flashbacks-italics | present-BOLD

I walk by our place, where everything started. Where the story begins...

 

It was an average winter day. I was in my giant blue winter coat with a knitted scarf hanging on tightly around my neck. You were at my side, your arm ringed through mine, the warmth radiating off both of our bodies. You looked up towards me and would just give me your angelic smile, like you always do.

 

I still remember that tingling feeling that you gave me every time we touched.

 

I would say something, and you would giggle at it. You would tease me back and I would chuckle at your cuteness. You would try to "flirt" and "seduce" me every time I joked about dating or meeting someone. I would even tell you of this "girl" every once in a while, you smiled to me every time I brought her up. I wished to have seen a little pain in that smile, just to see you felt something too. You always ask who she was and if you knew her, I would reply that she was a wonderful person, that was cute and sweet, and that you were very close to this special girl. You always asked to meet her and even pestered me as to what her name was. I replied that you should already know everything about her.

 

The ironic part is, "that girl"...was always you.

 

I visit the park. I sit on one of the two swings, looking up into the sky I see nothing but the clouds uniting to drown out the light. The weather is chilled and the wind blows the white, soft frozen water that hides the green grass beneath. I gently close my eyes and listen to the blowing air that surrounds me.

 

You sat on one of the swings. I smiled at you from the sidelines, laughing at your child-ness. Your head sharply turns towards me, and a small pout starts to form at you lips. I had to stop myself from kissing you right then and there.

 

I stared at you with a smile formed at my lips, confusion over took me when you just sat there, unmoving, staring straight into my eyes. "Oppa! Push me!!" you exclaimed, a pout was formed at your lips and your brows were furrowed, but I could see a small smile trying to peak through your "angry" exterior.

 

I just laughed at you child-ness, I walked to where you were, leaving my tracks in the frozen water thinly layered on the ground, and stood behind you. I grabbed the chains that held the seat of the swing up, I leisurely pulled it back and released it. I wish I hadn't let go.

 

Your laughed fill the area, you kicked your feet back and forth, I smiled and laughed along at your cuteness. "Higher, higher!" you shouted, your eyes closed and your knuckles whitened from holding on tightly to the chains.

 

I swung back and forth on the rusty wing, my hands shoved into my pockets. I did not push myself any higher than an inch above the ground. The motion of the swing was steady, the only sound heard was the squeaking of the old gears and rustling of the chains. Time was going past me, I already realized this, yet it seems as though you are still here with me.