Linger

Melancholia

Linger |ˈliNGgər|

stay in a place longer than necessary, typically because of a reluctance to leave.

 

 

 

“Ah so this is the one you’ve been talking about all day long almost everyday. Nice to meet you too Sungyeol! I’m Woohyun” he winked. I smiled.

“He has been talking about you too, Woohyun hyung”

“Yeah? Why would you do that? He could have just fell in love with me just by listening to your stories” he said to Myungsoo.

“Shut up. You’re not his type. He likes s. And you don’t have one”

“It’s a shame. I have a lot to offer though” he smiled. And winked again. Myungsoo had been talking about him too many times. Nam Woohyun. He sleeps around with both genders. He’s greasy. He flirts a lot.

“Let’s go, I promise your mom we’ll be back soon Yeol. You need to-“

“Yeah sure.” I nodded and he grabbed my hand. And said goodbye to Woohyun

“So he’s the greasy tree you’ve been talking about huh?”

“Yes he is”

“And I’m just the one you’ve been talking about all day long almost everyday?”

“Yes you are”

“Why?”

“What why?”

“Why do you keep talking about me?”

“They’ve been asking why I keep bailing every time they ask me to join them to soccer or karaoke or whatever” I stopped walking.

“And I’m the reason?”

“Well not really. I don’t want to. And it’s no fun when you’re not there. Come on. Don’t stop walking. I told your mom 1-2 hours. It’s been 4 hours since you left home and you bring nothing but your wallet with you. She must’ve been calling your phone like crazy”

“You could’ve just left her your number if you knew I won’t take my phone with me” I smirked a little. He pouted. And I swear it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

“So he likes both genders huh?” I began asking again.

“Well pretty much.” He nodded and opened his bag and pulled out a tiny box and a bottle of water. Then shoved it to my face. “Here. It’s 11 already” I looked at it.

“How did you get them?”

“Shut up and drink it.”

“How about you?” I began drinking.

“What? About me what?”

“Which gender do you like?”

“The one with bigger s.” There come silence again, and it stayed that way until we reached my house. I can still hear my heart is shattered all over the place.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“No you . Find the right equation first!” I almost wanted to punch him. It’s a simple math question and it takes hours to teach him.

“ARGGHHHH IT! I’LL BE A ING BARISTA OR WORK AT MCDONALDS. THIS . IT SUNGYEOOOOOOOL” he screamed at the top of his lungs. This apartment of his is so small I’m pretty sure his neighbor could hear his stupid rant. Thank God Myungsoo’s parents and brother don’t live here anymore. They moved out 2 years ago. Myungsoo ran out of his house to mine and cried for hours telling me he doesn’t want to leave; he’ll beg my parents to let him stay at my house. His parents let him stay at this apartment though. They’re probably tired of his constant rant as well.

“SUSH!”

“AAAH. IT. I’M GOING TO BED!” he buried his face on my shoulder.

“When is the due date?”

“The day after tomorrow” he muttered through my shirt.

“I’ll do it for you just this one time okay.

“REALLY?? I LOVE YOU LEE SUNGYEOL I LOVE YOU” he hugged me tight.

 

“Can you really finish it tonight? You still have tomorrow you know”

“I have an appointment tomorrow.”

“Oh. Okay”

“Why won’t you copy your classmate’s work?”

“I can barely read their handwriting. Yours is extremely neat. Why do you smell so good?” I could feel his nose on my shoulder. His soft hair touched against my neck. It had always been like this since I could remember. Him, being a koala. And I had always wished he was. So that I could keep him myself. Until I realized his last few words. 

“huh?!” my head snapped towards him and found his nose close to mine, extremely close. And I sat still. I could feel my heart just skipped a beat. Butterflies in my stomach. scratch that. I could feel the whole zoo running in my stomach. And to add a whole lot more animals. Myungsoo lean forward, a little bit closer, closing the tight gap between the two of us. 

 

“I said… You smell so good…” he whispered. His words tingled in my head. His lips gave a burning sensation when it found its way to mine.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D so how's your day guys? I'm sorry if the first three chapters are boring :( huhuhu. give me feedback pretty please? I won't bite.